The Student Room Group

2011/12 A2 Music Tech

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drummerguy
I just wanted to ask about unit 3B and how it says on the spec that you aren't allowed to MIDI sequence. Does that mean you simply aren't allowed to draw in the MIDI and edit, but you are allowed to record a live performance of MIDI - or, just no MIDI whatsoever?

This doesn't seem to make total sense because say you chose a track with synthesisers in and your school didn't have any hardware synthesisers or sound banks - then what other way could you go about recreating a synthesiser without software? Is there anyway an exam board could know if you used a MIDI driven software synth or a hardware synth?

Thanks

You can record midi live but it can't be manipulated in your session. You have to record the audio output of the the software synth you are using so you have your midi performance as live audio not midi data. You can do this with busses or by using two computers.
Thanks for all the help and advice I received on here :smile: I managed to get an A* overall! Having only got a B at AS this was really unexpected. I dropped 2 marks on my coursework and got 75/80 on the exam!
Good job! It's really hard to raise your grade by two in the second year. Well done.
I'm 3 UMS off an A* which is a little frustrating, coursework came out as 101/120 with exam at 76/80...was expecting my coursework to get a higher mark than that tbh :/
It's hard to get an A let alone an A*. I'm getting 4 of my students remarked as thay got Ds in their coursework when they should have had B/C. The composition especially is very subjective.
Yeah, I'm getting a remark as it's obviously unlikely to go down a whole grade, think I'd need to drop 40 ums for that to happen. I need 2 more raw marks for it to go up...But at the end of the day I got into my firm so it doesn't matter too much!

Any idea how long remarks take (normal remark rather than priority?)
My teacher told me I was on a B for coursework, at least a C. I turned up results day with an E in coursework pulling down my grade from a high C to a D. I've gone in for a remark but still really disappointing as this has cost me my uni place :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending