The Student Room Group

Nando's loyalty card confusion???

right so i've got a loyalty card with 2 stamps so far, and was a little confused as to how the system works. After 3 stamps you get 1/4 chicken, however do you then continue to collect stamps after getting the 1/4 chicken e.g. to get a 1/2 chicken too and then a whole chicken too or do you refuse the 1/4 chicken option at the 3rd stamp so you can continue to the 10th stamp to get the whole chicken. I mean if I get a 1/4 chicken would i get a brand new loyalty card or be able to continue stamping on the same card to get to the 1/2 and whole chicken?

It all sounds so badly thought out and i'm confused?

Also if you get 10 stamps and don't want to get a whole chicken e.g. because it's near impossible to finish yourself and would therefore be a waste, what vegeterian alternative is available? Can I just order a veggie pitta with 2 sides and a drink for around the same price ~ £12 that is?

Sorry I've only recently become hooked on nandos and am completely new to the loyalty card system!
(edited 12 years ago)
I don't know about the veggie option but when you get your third stamp they give you the free quarter chicken with it. You then carry on collecting to the half and beyond. when you have 9 stamps then I think you just hand in the card and you get a free chicken. Until recently they let you get stamps without getting the free stuff so you could keep collecting if you didn't want extra chicken but they changed it a couple of months ago :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by needsomeadvice

Also if you get 10 stamps and don't want to get a whole chicken e.g. because it's near impossible to finish yourself and would therefore be a waste, what vegeterian alternative is available? Can I just order a veggie pitta with 2 sides and a drink for around the same price ~ £12 that is?

Nah you just get the veggie pitta with 2 sides and a drink loyalty card duh.
Original post by MilkyC
Nah you just get the veggie pitta with 2 sides and a drink loyalty card duh.

:s-smilie: you what? Is there any such thing? So would they like take my loyalty card with 9 stamps and then give me a different card or would they just let me buy 'the veggie pitta with 2 sides and drink' instead? :colondollar:

Lol, sorry im craving chicken right now and will ve going to get my 3rd stamp today so checking if its safe to get the 1/4 chicken and also get 1/2 chicken and a whole one too! sounds like a lot of chicken for 9 stamps :biggrin:.....:eek:
Reply 4
On the website it just says "Vegetarians will be offered a suitable alternative" so ask in store I guess. They have a handy PDF to explain everything too...although it's really not that confusing :P
visit 1 : you get your first stamp
visit 2: you get your second stamp
visit 3: you get your third stamp and a free quarter chicken
visit 4: you get your fourth stamp (same card)
visit 5: you get your fifth stamp (same card)
visit 6: you get your sixth stamp (same card and a free half chicken
visit 7: you get your seventh stamp (same card)
visit 8: you get your eighth stamp (same card)
visit 9: you get your ninth stamp (same card)
visit 10: you walk up to the counter and show them that you're due your tenth stamp. They whisk the card away, give you a shiny new card (with a stamp in the first slot) and give you a free whole chicken.
visit 11 : you get your second stamp on your new card
visit 12 : you get your third stamp on your new card and a free quarter chicken

and so on

I always found it weird that on your tenth visit instead of stamping the 10th slot they actually give you a new card with a stamp in the first slot, but there we go, that's what has always happened to me, and I've been going to nandos relatively regularly for well over 6 years now.

oh and I have no idea what vegetarian alternatives they provide.

I don't know why you wouldn't just go for the whole chicken though when you reach your 10th stamp instead of fannying around with a vegetarian option. You don't have to eat it all! They do takeaway as well you know, so all you have to do if you can't eat all 4 pieces of chicken (a whole chicken is 4 pieces of chicken : 2 breast sections and 2 leg sections) then just ask them to bag it up for you to take home for later. They have the bags and stuff for that sort of thing!
(edited 12 years ago)
You can get anything vegetarian that is the same price as the meat offered. I get an entire meal free with my whole chicken stamp, 2 sides and a drink :biggrin:
While we are on the topic of nandos did you know that all customers can eat free in a store that is due to open the following day. Apparently this is to test the cookers and waitresses.

I only know that you can get a veggie burger after 3 stamps on a vegetarian loyalty card. Not sure after that.
Reply 8
Original post by silver_dragon

Original post by silver_dragon
While we are on the topic of nandos did you know that all customers can eat free in a store that is due to open the following day. Apparently this is to test the cookers and waitresses.

I only know that you can get a veggie burger after 3 stamps on a vegetarian loyalty card. Not sure after that.

Did you know my cousin has a Nandos stamper so I can get a ****load of free chicken?

:s-smilie: you what? Is there any such thing? So would they like take my loyalty card with 9 stamps and then give me a different card or would they just let me buy 'the veggie pitta with 2 sides and drink' instead? :colondollar:

Lol, sorry im craving chicken right now and will ve going to get my 3rd stamp today so checking if its safe to get the 1/4 chicken and also get 1/2 chicken and a whole one too! sounds like a lot of chicken for 9 stamps :biggrin:.....:eek:

Lol I was joking :biggrin:
I think my local nandos did it wrong, when i used my stamps to get the quarter chicken they took my card away and said I had used it. I feel cheated :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by MilkyC
Did you know my cousin has a Nandos stamper so I can get a ****load of free chicken?

Although I'd never fake a stamp, it wouldn't be hard to stamp it yourself. All they do is punch a hole and sign it.
hmmm yeah i get it now.
I have 4 completed Nandos cards if anybody s interested. Will gladly swap for a £10 02 top up card.
thanks

Quick Reply

Latest