The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Question and Answer Thread

Scroll to see replies

Whats it like for (push) bikes at the uni? Is there plenty of places to store them? Especially at Country or Furness accomodation. Anyone have any idea about the sort of times/routes it takes to get into the town center and if needs be morecambe?

Cheers
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by MarshyJ7792
Whats it like for (push) bikes at the uni? Is there plenty of places to store them? Especially at Country or Furness accomodation. Anyone have any idea about the sort of times/routes it takes to get into the town center and if needs be morecambe?

Cheers

All the colleges have secure bike sheds. In Furness, there is a large brick shed, with a pretty hefty gate - you request a fob from the porters/residence officer and that grants you access. You then return the key at the end of the year. :smile:

There is a clearly marked route from campus to Lancaster, which avoids the bulk of the A6, and departs campus from the County [north] side. :smile: There is also a cycle path/walking path that runs from Lancaster to Morecambe and you can normally find some additional route maps etc through google. :smile:
Does anyone know if pokerstars is accesible via internet on campus?
Reply 4063
I am thinking about studying French and German at Lancaster in 2013.
But I am very worried about my GCSE's

AS Predictions: AAAA (French, German, English Lit and History)

GCSE's: English Lit A*
English Lang A*
French A
History A
German B
Geography B
Maths B
Additional Science B
Core Science B
P.E C
R.E (Short Course) B
ICT (Short Course) Pass

What do you think?
Original post by PudPud
I am thinking about studying French and German at Lancaster in 2013.
But I am very worried about my GCSE's

AS Predictions: AAAA (French, German, English Lit and History)

GCSE's: English Lit A*
English Lang A*
French A
History A
German B
Geography B
Maths B
Additional Science B
Core Science B
P.E C
R.E (Short Course) B
ICT (Short Course) Pass

What do you think?

I wouldn't worry - just focus on your A-levels and make sure you do well in them, that's what the university are going to take more notice of.
Reply 4065
Original post by Jordan-Kirby
I wouldn't worry - just focus on your A-levels and make sure you do well in them, that's what the university are going to take more notice of.

Ok, cheers.
Original post by katrine
thank u very much for ur reply and for the link with the photos it was very helpful but I haven't understand smthg...on which room do we have our own bathroom? on the superior en-suite?
so u are starting ur course as an undergraduate right? what are u going to study? :smile:

Anything that says en-suite (so Basic en suite, or Superior en suite) means you get your own bathroom.

I'm starting Mathematics Undergraduate in september, yes. Where are you from and what are you applying for? :smile:
Reply 4067
Original post by rachaelizabeth
Anything that says en-suite (so Basic en suite, or Superior en suite) means you get your own bathroom.

I'm starting Mathematics Undergraduate in september, yes. Where are you from and what are you applying for? :smile:

Okay!! Thank u very very much!! :smile:

Nice! I'm from Greece, my course is Politics and I'm starting in October!
and u? where are u from? :smile:
Original post by katrine
Okay!! Thank u very very much!! :smile:

Nice! I'm from Greece, my course is Politics and I'm starting in October!
and u? where are u from? :smile:

Wow, that's interesting! What makes you want to study in the UK?
I'm from Birmingham, England :smile:
Reply 4069
Original post by rachaelizabeth
Wow, that's interesting! What makes you want to study in the UK?
I'm from Birmingham, England :smile:

Yes! Because of the educational system and the opportunities u have with a degree from UK!
And except that it is my dream to study abroad!
Oh I had been to Birmingham :smile: I had an offer from Aston Uni but finally I firmed Lancaster!
Reply 4070
Hey,

I would like to know the difference between Ensuite and Superior Ensuite on grad college, I know the superior ones are the newer ones, but are there any other differences? Also, both have their own bathrooms right?

I want to go for ensuites I just wanna know how are they like :smile:

Thanks
Original post by lilacs
Hey,

I would like to know the difference between Ensuite and Superior Ensuite on grad college, I know the superior ones are the newer ones, but are there any other differences? Also, both have their own bathrooms right?

I want to go for ensuites I just wanna know how are they like :smile:

Thanks

I can't speak for Grad, but in Fylde the superior are just newer and they have a wetroom instead of a bathroom, but its still pretty much the same thing.
Hopefully someone from Grad will be able to confirm if its the same there, but if they don't you have this to go on.
Reply 4072
Can you access Lancaster Resnet from the internet in a European Country but not in the EU?
Reply 4073
Does anyone know if there's going to be any formal events/dinners for postgrads to attend during freshers week? I want to know if I should bring a fancy dress with me lol

Thanks!
Original post by lilacs
Does anyone know if there's going to be any formal events/dinners for postgrads to attend during freshers week? I want to know if I should bring a fancy dress with me lol

Thanks!

You should definitely have a dress on standby, whether at the North Pole or at university.

I overdosed on formals on my MPhil, I'll be glad to never wear a tuxedo again.
Just a question about the lecture halls at Lancaster. They gave us some presentation about the university and psychology in a lecture hall that did not have any tables. Are these lecture halls used regularly for subjects like Psychology? Because you know, no table, so kinda hard to make notes :/

Original post by minimarshmallow
I can't speak for Grad, but in Fylde the superior are just newer and they have a wetroom instead of a bathroom, but its still pretty much the same thing.
Hopefully someone from Grad will be able to confirm if its the same there, but if they don't you have this to go on.

Quotes you since you do psych at lancaster! Am also gonna look through your blog ;p
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by FullMetalX
Just a question about the lecture halls at Lancaster. They gave us some presentation about the university and psychology in a lecture hall that did not have any tables. Are these lecture halls used regularly for subjects like Psychology? Because you know, no table, so kinda hard to make notes :/

Quotes you since you do psych at lancaster! Am also gonna look through your blog ;p

Most, if not all, lecture theatres have either rows of chairs before wooden banks to write upon or singular chairs that have a little desk to the right-hand side of it. The latter are usually in the George Fox building. :smile:
Original post by FullMetalX

Pretty much reiterating what Affinity89 said: I assume you were in the George Fox building. Psych 101 lectures are in there and they have little tables that slide up for you to lean on. Not much help if you need a computer though (as I do for a disability). Psych 102 is in the biology lecture theatre which has a table, so its fine. In second year you don't have any in there anymore.
Everywhere has some sort of table, some are just better than others.
Reply 4078
Are there any restrictions on the subject you minor in for the first year? I have an offer for Geography Bsc and would probably pick Earth Sciences with it... do you get to pick the specific modules for the minor subject or are they compulsory?
Reply 4079
do you recommend getting a bedding pack from Lancs online shop or get one from town? I am not really sure I want to go and look for one in town after my arrival.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending