The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Question and Answer Thread

Scroll to see replies

Whats the deal with the internet in stud acom? I have 2 computers which both I use all the time, especially when doing work (one for writing, one for research) and I need them both connected to the internet. Whats the policy on using splitters or routers? Cheers
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by MarshyJ7792
Whats the deal with the internet in stud acom? I have 2 computers which both I use all the time, especially when doing work (one for writing, one for research) and I need them both connected to the internet. Whats the policy on using splitters or routers? Cheers

Neither are allowed.
If I'm doing three languages (one is ab initio) do I still do a minor?
Original post by jerseymackem
If I'm doing three languages (one is ab initio) do I still do a minor?

Without looking it up, I cannot be 100% sure, but I very much doubt that you'll do a minor. It is much more likely that you will do 1 third of the year in each of the three languages. :smile:

Edit:
Just looked it up. You definitely don't do a minor as well. :smile:

Part 1
1st Year Modules

Language 1 (Intensive or Advanced) and introduction to language specific culture studies

Language 2 (Intensive or Advanced) and introduction to language specific culture studies

Language 3 (Intensive or Advanced) and introduction to language specific culture studies

Linky
(edited 11 years ago)
hi was just wondering if anyone could tell me a little more about the medicine course. I understand its pbl but was wondering how self directed it is and how many lectures a week you get? Was also wondering if anyone knew when you started going on placements full time away from uni? any feedback would be much appreciated, thanks. :smile:
Original post by affinity89
Without looking it up, I cannot be 100% sure, but I very much doubt that you'll do a minor. It is much more likely that you will do 1 third of the year in each of the three languages. :smile:

Edit:
Just looked it up. You definitely don't do a minor as well. :smile:

Linky

Reply 4106
i applied to law and social science foundation year and got a conditional acceptance anyone recommend any "catered" accommodation ive read alot about the different colleges and all but havent rlly set my mind to anything so far ive picked County, Furness, Fylde, Pendle, Grizedale. thanx in advance P.S: im aiming for ba politics with international relations when im done with my foundation mybe bowland btw im aiming for standard bedrooms
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm an international student from the United States studying abroad at Lancaster this coming fall. I am a pole vaulter on the track team at my home college and was wondering if Lancaster had a track team and if so who I could get into contact with once I get to campus? I've looked through the website and haven't found much for athletics beyond info about the Sports Centre.

Thanks!!
Original post by gacvaulter
I'm an international student from the United States studying abroad at Lancaster this coming fall. I am a pole vaulter on the track team at my home college and was wondering if Lancaster had a track team and if so who I could get into contact with once I get to campus? I've looked through the website and haven't found much for athletics beyond info about the Sports Centre.

Thanks!!

Here you go: http://www.lancasteruniversityathleticsclub.co.uk/ :smile:
Anyone know when the best time to be applying for jobs around town next year is? I know a lot of the on campus/lusu ones are already hiring, but I can't find a lot in terms of places in town...
Does anyone know about the scholarship for Channel Islands students? I saw in a Lancaster leaflet that they were giving CI students £1000 off, but I can't find it anywhere else, or if I need to fill anything out...
Where's the Minor Hall? Same building as the Great Hall?
Original post by RabbitCFH
Where's the Minor Hall? Same building as the Great Hall?

Yep. :smile:
Original post by affinity89
Yep. :smile:

So far away... :tongue: Thanks.
Reply 4114
Anyone knows if Economics can be taken as minor? :smile:
Original post by binnie_
Anyone knows if Economics can be taken as minor? :smile:

It can.
Reply 4116
Original post by cambo211
It can.

Thank you!
When enrolling, what type of documents are required? I have lost some of my GCSE certificates, does it matter? I would appreciate if an existing student could answer my question.
Reply 4118
Original post by Erratic
When enrolling, what type of documents are required? I have lost some of my GCSE certificates, does it matter? I would appreciate if an existing student could answer my question.

A-Levels as a photocopy and your acceptance letters should be all you need.
Pretty sure i just had my acceptance letter for enrollment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending