Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Question and Answer Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hey,
I'm currently in my last year of BSc Business Studies. The BBA course is a management course that incorporates a year in industry which is something that the business studies course doesn't have. I know of a couple of people frombusiness studies who are currently doing a year long placement, but they don't get any sort of credit towards their degree for it. On the BBA the placement is compulsory and there is also an option to do a year in America/Australia (although that option is also avaliable on the business studies course). There are some differences between the modules taken on the two courses, although some of them do overlap, there are specific BBA management related moduless I think.

If you have any questions feel free to ask/pm :biggrin:

Oh, also, I just remembered there are two BBA courses, one is BBA management, the other is BBA European management, which involves languages and two years at Lancaster, and two years studying and working in Spain, Germany, France or Italy. Don't know if that was the one you were interested in.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
:rolleyes:
the european management course was the one I read about and it sounded more suitable for me than the N102.

Is there still a chance to change the courses?Is the European management course more popular/hard to get in than the one I've chosen?

Basically, there's nothing wrong with the N102, but the european management course sounds more appealing and maybe it would give me better chances to find a workpalce in Eastern Europe once I've graduated..

As if this moving abroad thing wasn't hard enough, I manage to get myself even more issues to worry about:biggrin:
Reply 82
I'm not totally sure how popular the European management course is to be honest. The best bet would be to phone/email the admissions tutors to see about the possibility of changing courses. I guess even if they have no places left now, there will probably be people that miss their offers once they get their results etc so they might be able to arrange something.

As for the difficulty in getting on the course, the grades are AAB-ABB, and you also need to show proficiency in language, although it says that you don't necessarily need an A Level in the language. If you look on the management school website there are details about the entry requirements for the different countries (Spain, France, Germany and Italy), and contact details for the BBA undergrad secretary who may be able to help.
Well, there weren't actually any conditions in the offer I just got. Hm. Or there was, word "successful completion". Maybe the fact that I'm foreign has something to do with it.

Do you mean the language of one of those countries you mentioned or in English? Out of those I've only studied French.

Thanks anyway :smile:
Em. another question. Everyone seems to have similar computers in their rooms.But they hardly come with the rooms, or do they?:biggrin:
So if not, then I should buy a laptop of my own?
Reply 85
If only they were supplied with the rooms, lol!

Most people bring their own with them. There are computers avaliable around campus, in the library and in various computer rooms, some of which are 24 hour, but sometimes you can struggle a little at the end of term, especially if you want to get one in the library. I'd recommend having one, I work better late at night, and found it a lot easier to do so in my room when I was in halls. That way you're close to the kitchen for tea/coffee/snacks and you can take a break if you want without having to lose your computer to someone else!

It isn't essential to have one though, my housemate didn't in the first year and managed fine, he prefers to work in the library anyway because he thinks there's less distractions.
Reply 86
Hey,

I have just put lancaster as my first choice woop!

I was wondering does the new accommodation kitchens cope esaily with max 8 people. I have stayed at Keele Uni with my boyfriend and the kitchen is always messy though i must say alot more than 8 r sharing it.

Do you get ur own cupboard to put all ur stuff or do u advise people to keep everything , or as much as poss in their rooms.

chikki.
Third question:
Where do you accept the offer?!
I mean, is there a website or do you just send some kind of email to the uni.:rolleyes:
Or can I accept it before I get my "final grades"?
Reply 88
aFlyingFinn
Third question:
Where do you accept the offer?!
I mean, is there a website or do you just send some kind of email to the uni.:rolleyes:
Or can I accept it before I get my "final grades"?

I just rang up ucas and told them who my first choice was and who my insurance was and they did it all for me. Then UCAS apparently send a letter confirming ur firm choice and the uni obviously do as well. When u get the grades your firm choice want they will automatically send u an accommodation and uni pack.
Reply 89
aFlyingFinn
Em. another question. Everyone seems to have similar computers in their rooms.But they hardly come with the rooms, or do they?:biggrin:
So if not, then I should buy a laptop of my own?

i doubt you get a computer with your room, the prices on the rooms are ok enough, with a computer the rent would just be silly. Treat yourself and get urself laptop! Unless you want to use computer suites and the library but personally i perfer working in my own room.
chikki
Hey,

I have just put lancaster as my first choice woop!

I was wondering does the new accommodation kitchens cope esaily with max 8 people. I have stayed at Keele Uni with my boyfriend and the kitchen is always messy though i must say alot more than 8 r sharing it.

Do you get ur own cupboard to put all ur stuff or do u advise people to keep everything , or as much as poss in their rooms.

chikki.

Yeh, you get your own cupboard and most people don't have problems. If worst comes to the worst then you can always store your food in your room.
chikki
I just rang up ucas and told them who my first choice was and who my insurance was and they did it all for me. Then UCAS apparently send a letter confirming ur firm choice and the uni obviously do as well. When u get the grades your firm choice want they will automatically send u an accommodation and uni pack.

Yes, once you've confirmed then they should send you all the stuff you need in due course.
Where do you wash your clothes/iron them?

(I just can't imagine how I'm going to travel there, if I take everything that I suppose I need with me. Things like laptop and hairdryer/iron weigh alot as such..:rolleyes: )
Reply 93
Washing and drying clothes is done in the laundrettes, and as far as i know each kitchen is provided with an iron and ironing board, so you shouldn't need to bring an iron.
Reply 94
you can hire out ironing boards from the porter but you have to bring your own iron if you want one. Most people just use the floor as an ironing board because its too much hassle to go and get one from the porter..maybe we are all just lazy tho!
Beigel
you can hire out ironing boards from the porter but you have to bring your own iron if you want one. Most people just use the floor as an ironing board because its too much hassle to go and get one from the porter..maybe we are all just lazy tho!

I've actually never done any ironing at Uni. God knows how I've avoided it. Wearing lots of T-Shirts perhaps?
Reply 96
I've nerer done any ironing either, just don't screw your clothes up when they come out of the wash and they're ok :biggrin:
too rite ive never ironed anything in my life why shud i start doing so at uni
Beigel

Eh? We have an iron and ironing board provided :s-smilie:
Reply 99
you dont get anything in Grizedale! its the pits but i love it!

Quick Reply

Latest