The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2140
Original post by dewbear55
became a keen bean and made this facebook group for offer holders for 2012, atm there is 3 of us, so do join! anyone firmed yet?

Of the firm belief that everything happens for a reason guys- if you don't get an offer this year it wasn't meant to be, but if you're determined, gap year and reapply- chins up! I missed my offer last year (for liverpool) and obviously there was a period of upset, buuuuut, looking back I'm so glad it happened!

what facebook group? you havent linked anything
Original post by dewbear55
became a keen bean and made this facebook group for offer holders for 2012, atm there is 3 of us, so do join! anyone firmed yet?

Of the firm belief that everything happens for a reason guys- if you don't get an offer this year it wasn't meant to be, but if you're determined, gap year and reapply- chins up! I missed my offer last year (for liverpool) and obviously there was a period of upset, buuuuut, looking back I'm so glad it happened!

Link to Facebook group, I have an offer :smile:
Reply 2142
I may be mistaken, but I believe dewbear55 is talking about this group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/244336058977713/
Anyone know when the next batch of rejection / offers is going out ?
Original post by sandeep0767
Anyone know when the next batch of rejection / offers is going out ?

Nobody knows :s-smilie: but they seem to be coming out thick & fast now!! V nerve-racking!! :/
Reply 2145
Original post by GabbiWS
have they specified when the next offer day is yet or?

Yeah, it's the 5th March.
Who is going on the 5th of March? - I am :smile:
Original post by P-dog
Yeah, it's the 5th March.

Hey, how do you know it's the 5th March?
Reply 2148
There must be another offer day after the 5th, right? Also, is there a separate offer day for BM4 or is it the same as BM5?
Reply 2149
Original post by Nya97
Wow, CONGRATULATIONS, that was very quick. :smile: You must be so pleased, just hope it will be good news for more international students. Was this for the BM5, conditional or unconditional, was this ur first choice and how did you find the interview generally?

I was for the BM5, I'm from Australia so we've already done our final exams and have our results, but I had a conditional offer of at least 80% ATAR (the Australian A-levels) and I already have 92.7%, and then it said just a health check, those were the only conditions :smile:
The interview went well, the interviewers I had were really nice which was good, but it depends on who you get, another girl came out said her interviewers were stone-faced and didn't seem nice, which didn't make her feel confident. Well i've been rejected from everywhere else I applied, so yep Southampton is my first choice!
Reply 2150
Anyone else also applied to biochem/biomed/pharmacology at soton?
Open day yesterday seems promising to those of us without medicine offers yet, apparently a third of biological science graduates from southampton will attempt to get into medicine and the uni has a good track record for giving these students very good odds.
However still hoping for my medicine offer.
Anyone know if there's gonna be another offer day after the march 3rd one?
There should be another Open Day, I don't imagine they'll get all the offers/rejections out before then AND give people enough time to make arrangements!
Original post by JoshMa
Anyone else also applied to biochem/biomed/pharmacology at soton?
Open day yesterday seems promising to those of us without medicine offers yet, apparently a third of biological science graduates from southampton will attempt to get into medicine and the uni has a good track record for giving these students very good odds.
However still hoping for my medicine offer.
Anyone know if there's gonna be another offer day after the march 3rd one?

are you international student? have you had interview yet? :smile:
Reply 2153
Original post by 05jwappleyard
Hey, how do you know it's the 5th March?

I got an offer and they sent me a letter inviting me to the offer day on 5th March.
Do you think they will send out another batch of offers this week before the 5th march visit day? I'm not sure how much notice they would give you is all.
Original post by ChemClues
Do you think they will send out another batch of offers this week before the 5th march visit day? I'm not sure how much notice they would give you is all.

I really hope so! Otherwise it's another long wait for us... :redface: I'm giving them 'till Wednesday to get out another batch before 5th March... then after that they'll probally wait 'till the 6th :/
Hey guys, sorry if this has already been asked but, did SOTON send you an email giving you an offer/rejection or was it just an update on track?

The waiting game is AWFUL, isn't it? :/ Does anyone know when the last batch of offers/rejections were given out last year?

Also, huge congrats to all those with offers :biggrin:
Reply 2157
Original post by karkarpops
Hey guys, sorry if this has already been asked but, did SOTON send you an email giving you an offer/rejection or was it just an update on track?

The waiting game is AWFUL, isn't it? :/ Does anyone know when the last batch of offers/rejections were given out last year?

Also, huge congrats to all those with offers :biggrin:

Seems to have been a mixture of both, lot of people saying they just went onto Track and the rejection was waiting for them there, followed by an email some time after. Best to keep checking everything I reckon. And good luck to everyone and really sorry for those who were in that awful rejection onslaught on Friday. I know a lot of them will have signed off from this thread now, but they are sadly missed (hope we will keep in touch in some other med school's threads, and with better news:smile:
Bm4 week ahead? How many fast track applicants are on the thread? More than 40?!....
Really hoping they get stuck into the BM4 applications this week. Waiting is so frustrating. Any BM4's got a masters as well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending