The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by karkarpops
Ahh gosh, the suspense is killing me now! :frown: Without an interview under my belt, I feel totally lost in this situation :/ Does anyone know how Soton pick applicants without giving interviews? As much as interviews can be extremely nerve-wrecking, I wouldn't feel this in the dark if I had one.

Oh well, nothing we can do now. Good luck you guys! :smile:

Are you an undergraduate?

If so, they rarely interview btw, so I wouldnt worry too much. They base offers on our; reference, personal statement, UKCAT (which I believe cutoff was 2310 this cycle) and grades (7 A*s,As and Bs cutoff).

I wouldnt worry yet, I think there is a lot more offers to come out :biggrin:
Original post by levantine
so no offence bu you must be quite old already?

lol only 22 so not exactly ancient :smile:
Reply 2222
Original post by ChemClues
lol only 22 so not exactly ancient :smile:

Don't take it personally, ChemClues. Levantines main aim in life, as we know from previous postings, is to cause as much offence as possible on these boards:mad::
I'm digging my grave for the culling.
Reply 2224
Original post by .eXe
well because last friday they contacted many people, so I am assuming (and hoping) that the trend continues.

There is an offer day for BM4 on Mar 27 I believe. There definitely will be one, I seriously doubt they have already filled their quota already. We just began march and they just finished interviews (to my knowledge atleast) last week.

I doubt they've completed the process this early

yh for BM5 i don't think they do interviews, and is their an open day for BM5 later on?
Reply 2225
Original post by Shreyank
yh for BM5 i don't think they do interviews, and is their an open day for BM5 later on?

I think the one next week is the 3rd one, so reasonable to assume there will be more for BM5.
Will they do more than one Post-Offer day for the BM4 as well then?
Reply 2227
Hi, everyone. Could someone please tell me which email I should email to regarding feedback about rejections?
Reply 2228
Original post by JammyDodger3000
Will they do more than one Post-Offer day for the BM4 as well then?

I think the only date for BM4 is 27th Mar - its earlier in the forum. Guess its because there's far fewer places for BM4, so do them all on the same day.
Original post by Cattree
I think the only date for BM4 is 27th Mar - its earlier in the forum. Guess its because there's far fewer places for BM4, so do them all on the same day.

Someone mentioned that you HAVE to go or you're not allowed to accept your place... Please tell me this isn't true!
Reply 2230

Someone mentioned that you HAVE to go or you're not allowed to accept your place... Please tell me this isn't true!

Lol, it's probably a very good idea to go, but doubt you have to!

Are you Ringwood nr Bournemouth? That's near me :biggrin:
Original post by Cattree
Lol, it's probably a very good idea to go, but doubt you have to!

Are you Ringwood nr Bournemouth? That's near me :biggrin:

Yeah :biggrin: Although I'm at Uni at the moment - where are you from?? :smile:
Reply 2232
Anybody know what time offers started coming out last Friday?
Original post by ljm38
Anybody know what time offers started coming out last Friday?

Looking on here, someone posted that they had just got an offer for the BM4 at half 2 and the rest came not long after that... Half 3 ish maybe? x
Reply 2234
Looking on here, someone posted that they had just got an offer for the BM4 at half 2 and the rest came not long after that... Half 3 ish maybe? x

Keeping EVERYTHING crossed! Haha, Good Luck! x
Reply 2235
Yeah :biggrin: Although I'm at Uni at the moment - where are you from?? :smile:

In Salisbury, and often drive to Bournemouth to see friends. Small world.
Reply 2236

are batches given out for both bm5 and bm4 together ?

also anyone called in to get hints for what date/time we should expect at reply ?
Reply 2237
Original post by Shreyank
are batches given out for both bm5 and bm4 together ?

also anyone called in to get hints for what date/time we should expect at reply ?

Personally I wouldn't read too much into when offers were last apportioned out. I expect the admissions panel will convene whenever they can get the time free.
Original post by HLS
Personally I wouldn't read too much into when offers were last apportioned out. I expect the admissions panel will convene whenever they can get the time free.

Yep, I think that's the case. I suppose most of us are just looking for any information, however tiny, that might shed some light on when we might hear. It's really difficult just sitting and waiting. However, it does sound like decisions will be made before the end of March in the majority of cases (based on offer day dates), so it's not that long now :s-smilie: :smile: Chin up for a little while longer... really do wish everyone the very best of luck :smile:
Rejected - Yr13 applicant to BM5

good luck to the rest of you!

Quick Reply

Latest