The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2280
Original post by mm89
I'm sure ChemClues would love to answer your question if the answer was any of your business... But seeing as its not, why don't you stop pestering this person with unhelpful comments and useless questions

Ba-Zing!
Original post by mm89
I'm sure ChemClues would love to answer your question if the answer was any of your business... But seeing as its not, why don't you stop pestering this person with unhelpful comments and useless questions

To act as Devil's advocate, it wasn't that unfair / trollish a question, although levantine could have been more sensitive, or just PMed him :redface:
Reply 2282
Original post by thegodofgod
To act as Devil's advocate, it wasn't that unfair / trollish a question, although levantine could have been more sensitive, or just PMed him :redface:

Knowing levantine's history, it was most likely a troll question.
Original post by NinjaRikki
Are you an undergraduate?

If so, they rarely interview btw, so I wouldnt worry too much. They base offers on our; reference, personal statement, UKCAT (which I believe cutoff was 2310 this cycle) and grades (7 A*s,As and Bs cutoff).

I wouldnt worry yet, I think there is a lot more offers to come out :biggrin:

Are they gcse grades? And do you mean 7 a*s or 7 overall of a*, a and b?
Rejection.... byebye guys :/
Original post by Angelmail

The second one. GCSE requirements for Soton are 7 B grades or anything above. Also after you meet the requirements, they don't look at them any further, thank goodness.
Reply 2286
Hi. Anyone knows which email we should send to regarding feedback? Thanks in advance.

Yep it says in prospectus, academic cutoff is 7 A*s, As and Bs i.e. A*AAABBB is fine. :smile:
Original post by NinjaRikki
Yep it says in prospectus, academic cutoff is 7 A*s, As and Bs i.e. A*AAABBB is fine. :smile:

oh few, had a mini heart attack when i read that. i was like 'I only have 5A*s!!' :biggrin:
oh few, had a mini heart attack when i read that. i was like 'I only have 5A*s!!' :biggrin:

Same as me and I have an offer, so definitely fine :biggrin:

Keep hope!
Original post by puddleduck

I'm sorry :frown: would you be able to tell us your stats?
Original post by puddleduck

:frown: sorry to hear that Puddleduck... don't give up!
do anyone know when will be the last interview date for international applicants?
just got an offer! oh my lord i so wasn't expecting it, i'm so so happy! :biggrin: good luck guys x
Original post by justwhippingmyhair
just got an offer! oh my lord i so wasn't expecting it, i'm so so happy! :biggrin: good luck guys x

Did you just get the offer now? through UCAS Track, or are you just seeing something you got yesterday. also are you a graduate?

Congrats!
Reply 2295
southampton is giving out offers during the weekends????:confused:
Reply 2296

U got an offer on a saturday???
Reply 2297

Tell us more - when, how - Track or email or what - and big congrats too!!:smile:
Reply 2298
anyone still waiting? i am :frown:
Do I have to apply for accommodation, even if Soton is my insurance? Sorry if this is a stupid question!
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending