The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Erotas
Anyone still not received the postcard? I haven't :frown:

i haven't, when did you send your application?
Haven't gotten a confirmation email yet... :s-smilie:
Reply 222
Original post by Aysha92
Me too ... Thinking of calling on Monday to make sure they've got my application. When did you send yours?

I think there's quite a few of us who haven't got it yet. On the 13th of October. You?
Reply 223
Original post by gina3706
i haven't, when did you send your application?

:frown: On the 13th of October. What about you?
Reply 224
Original post by Erotas
Anyone still not received the postcard? I haven't :frown:

Last year I got mine near the end of November but I emailed them before that because I was worried and I saw that people on TSR were getting them!

"Thank you for your email as yet we have not sent any postcards from the School of Medicine we will sending postcard acknowledgements out during this month.

Kind Regards

Kathryn Myers"
BM Admissions

Received this email Nov 10th 2010 - I imagine they'll send them out at about the same time again this year
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 225
Original post by snoz64
Last year I got mine near the end of November but I emailed them before that because I was worried and I saw that people on TSR were getting them!

"Thank you for your email as yet we have not sent any postcards from the School of Medicine we will sending postcard acknowledgements out during this month.

Kind Regards

Kathryn Myers"
BM Admissions

Received this email Nov 10th 2011 - I imagine they'll send them out at about the same time again this year

Okay thanks for that! Saves me worrying until after then :redface:
Reply 226
Original post by Erotas
:frown: On the 13th of October. What about you?

same day, i've been acknowledged by all my others and my backup (biology) have even had offered me a place, grrr!
Reply 227
why are you all worried about trivial post cards? If you're having difficulty waiting for a postcard, get ready to wait, because some offers come as late as APRIL.
Reply 228
Original post by gina3706
same day, i've been acknowledged by all my others and my backup (biology) have even had offered me a place, grrr!

Yeah the rest of mine have acknowledged me too and my backup have invited me to interview. Southampton are soooo slow :angry: :rolleyes:
Reply 229
Original post by airdoc
why are you all worried about trivial post cards? If you're having difficulty waiting for a postcard, get ready to wait, because some offers come as late as APRIL.

It's just a reassurance that they're considering our application I guess.

:eek: I would hate thaaaat! :s-smilie:
Reply 230
Original post by Erotas
I think there's quite a few of us who haven't got it yet. On the 13th of October. You?

My college sent it either 12th or 13th.
Reply 231
Original post by airdoc

We just want to make sure they've received the application, that's all.
Reply 232
I've not heard from Soton either but have had acks. from the other three choices (by email) I think Soton are just different in how they handle the acknowldgements.
Guys, can we remember acknowledgements are optionals :P No need to stress so much about them !! If you get your welcome pack and there it shows the right choices then that means they have received your application :biggrin:

Lets hope we hear soon !!
Original post by Long Time Coming
Oh poor child. Do they do that a lot?

YES! There was about 4 of us just at my college!
Original post by Nnuunnuu
they left me until late March .. so are you a reapplicant?

Yes i am, boohoo. But im not crossing my fingers, failed the UKCAT...
My friend got 728 on the uckat. he is going soton they gave him a conditional offer AAB. he is predicted three As
Reply 237
Original post by Jiraiya is no liar
My friend got 728 on the uckat. he is going soton they gave him a conditional offer AAB. he is predicted three As

You're saying they've already given him an offer?

Seems way too early considering UKCAT haven't released grades yet.
Original post by adsyrah
You're saying they've already given him an offer?

Seems way too early considering UKCAT haven't released grades yet.

he got a offer thats all i know lol.
Reply 239
Original post by Jiraiya is no liar
he got a offer thats all i know lol.

he's lying lol theres no way he already has an offer without all acknowledgements bein sent out. His grades dont seem particularly amazing either so I dont really understand how he already has an offer. However I could be wrong :s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending