The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3040
So sorry guys :frown: I don't think you should give up though!
Reply 3041
Southampton offer day... how did you all find it? Is there a page where this can be discussed?
Reply 3042
Rejected two days before the ucas deadline, classy southampton! ...Just got to hear from liverpool now before planning the inevitable "gap yah".
Reply 3043
Got rejected today. I do think its a bit lame to reject people 3 days before the deadline tho.
Reply 3044
So sorry! Good luck for other options and future applications!
anyone managed to get feedbacks (scores) from Soton? lol
Reply 3046
Original post by Soul_Eater
anyone managed to get feedbacks (scores) from Soton? lol

I don't think they will give scores out willingly!
Reply 3047
how do you apply for feedback?
also has anyone who had a rejection heard anything from the uni directly? coz all i got was a track update..
Reply 3048
Did any of you guys go to the post-offer open day?
Original post by LexxieK
I don't think they will give scores out willingly!

I really want to get into soton and I need the feedback come on soton :frown:
Reply 3050
Original post by Soul_Eater
I really want to get into soton and I need the feedback come on soton :frown:

If it helps I can send you my personal statement so you know what they are looking for? :frown: I am sorry. You must apply again though! Are you local to Southampton?
Original post by LexxieK
If it helps I can send you my personal statement so you know what they are looking for? :frown: I am sorry. You must apply again though! Are you local to Southampton?

Feedback isnt possible apparently, would it be at all possible for you to send it to me? As I am just curious what they actually wanted as I have applied two years and am not going to do medicine anymore, but would still like to know. would really really appreciate it:smile:
Reply 3052
Original post by funkymunkey123
Feedback isnt possible apparently, would it be at all possible for you to send it to me? As I am just curious what they actually wanted as I have applied two years and am not going to do medicine anymore, but would still like to know. would really really appreciate it:smile:

Of course. Can you inbox me and I will send it over, I can't figure out how to inbox you!
Reply 3053
As today is the last day, I really hope some offers go out. x
Reply 3054
Original post by funkymunkey123

Sorry to hear about your unsuccessful application and you not trying for medicine any more :frown:
I had to apply THREE times to finally get an offer. After I got rejections during my gap year, I got so frustrated and I didn't know what to do but I still really wanted to study medicine so after a lot of thinking I decided to reapply whilst studying biomedical chemistry in Warwick (since some unis allow 1st year undergrads reapplying) and after 3 years of dedication and persistence I got what I wanted :smile:
Remember, if there's something you really want to achieve you must NEVER give up until you know you've tried your absolute best. The reward will be immense after the huge effort you put in :smile:
Reply 3055
Original post by eaglo602
Sorry to hear about your unsuccessful application and you not trying for medicine any more :frown:
I had to apply THREE times to finally get an offer. After I got rejections during my gap year, I got so frustrated and I didn't know what to do but I still really wanted to study medicine so after a lot of thinking I decided to reapply whilst studying biomedical chemistry in Warwick (since some unis allow 1st year undergrads reapplying) and after 3 years of dedication and persistence I got what I wanted :smile:
Remember, if there's something you really want to achieve you must NEVER give up until you know you've tried your absolute best. The reward will be immense after the huge effort you put in :smile:

Do you know which universities are ok with first year undergrads applying, i haven't seen it mentioned on any of their websites, except Nottingham that wont accept it.

Thanks
By the way - here is the facebook group for all offer holders:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/244336058977713/
Reply 3057
Original post by doctork2
By the way - here is the facebook group for all offer holders:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/244336058977713/

Is this just BM5 or BM4 too?
Reply 3058
Have a question regarding tuition fees for international students here. Do we pay clinical course tuition fees for all 5 years or 2 years laboratory course fees and then 3 years clinical course fees?
Reply 3059
BM4-ers - are the lectures on Wed and Thurs AM and the Thurs PR practical/dissection sessions at Southampton General or at the campus in Highfield?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending