The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medmed24
Anyone else been allocated to old terrace in glen eyre?

That's where I was, years ago. I can honestly say that every friend I have from university maps back in some way to the flat mates I had in flat D. Good times :smile:
Reply 3161
Original post by rowasil1
Hi :smile:

I've just got my accommodation through :biggrin: Hartley Grove, self-catered halls. Anyone else?

Im in Ash court Hartley Grove :biggrin: Self catered too!
Reply 3162
Original post by H.J.P
Im in Ash court Hartley Grove :biggrin: Self catered too!

Ah cool! I'm in Cedar court but it's good to know there's another medic in that area :P Can't wait to start! Have you thought about joining any of the medic societies?
Reply 3163
Original post by rowasil1
Ah cool! I'm in Cedar court but it's good to know there's another medic in that area :P Can't wait to start! Have you thought about joining any of the medic societies?

That's cool and it's good to know that there's a medic nearby too! And I'm definitely going to join the medsoc but in terms of the other societies I'm just going to see when i get there! I'm gonna join the uni societies though :biggrin:

When's everybody moving in?
Original post by medmed24
Anyone else been allocated to old terrace in glen eyre?

THANK GOD I'VE FOUND SOMEONE ELSE WHO'S IN OLD TERRACE! Yeh I am, i have a "twin offer" though. Someone said Old Terrace is where all the international students end up?
Reply 3165
Sounds like a plan! Moving in on the 22nd :smile:

Anyone got any fresher's/starting information through?
Reply 3166
Original post by GetLexyRightNow
THANK GOD I'VE FOUND SOMEONE ELSE WHO'S IN OLD TERRACE! Yeh I am, i have a "twin offer" though. Someone said Old Terrace is where all the international students end up?

I'm glad too! Will probably see you when moving in :smile: Does that mean you have to share the room?
Really? I heard they end up in the ensuite ones. I'm not an international student. What about you?
I had a look at the outside, it does look really old as the name suggests, hope it's better inside.
Should we be getting mail in the post or something? With the timetable?
Reply 3168
Original post by Clean Slate
Should we be getting mail in the post or something? With the timetable?

Original post by musicmedic
Does anyone know if we have to do anything or have anything before we get there? I feel like I'm really under-prepared and that I should be doing something. :/

I got a freshers pack in the post the other day, which a bunch of letters from the medsoc students and the dean. There was also an schedule for induction and a CRB form to fill in :smile:
Original post by H.J.P
I got a freshers pack in the post the other day, which a bunch of letters from the medsoc students and the dean. There was also an schedule for induction and a CRB form to fill in :smile:

Yep, got that too. I can't believe they're making us pay £144 for the CRB and "travel costs" whatever the hell that means.
Original post by Clean Slate
Yep, got that too. I can't believe they're making us pay £144 for the CRB and "travel costs" whatever the hell that means.

I called up about that. Basically the faculty provides taxis for placements for the first and second year. This is where your money goes.
Original post by mazboy008
I called up about that. Basically the faculty provides taxis for placements for the first and second year. This is where your money goes.

Ah I see. I would rather they didn't tbh. Whatever happened to relying on buses/trains.
Hey guys, sorry this is just out of the blue but im thinking of applying here for medicine but im not sure due to my GCSE grades, If there not good enough could you say what university I would have a better chance of getting into as I have a passion to be a doctor and will go anywhere as long as I become one, my grades were;

Biology-A
Chemisrty-A
Physics-A
History-A
Maths-B
Geography-B
French-B
English Lit/Lang-BB
Welsh Lit/Lang-BC

So overall 4A's, 6B's and 1C

I have taken Biology,Chemistry,Physics and Maths for AS Level will carry on to A Level. Also on route to getting work experience hopefully for a year+.

Thanks to anyone who can help me, much apprciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending