The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Well, I guess it's better for me, though! I'm an international :biggrin:

However, I have heard that starting from 2012 cycle (this year's cycle) Soton is now going to interview BM5 students.
Reply 41
Original post by maemg
I just rang soton today and they said they weren't doing interviews. Only for internationals BM6 and and graduates.:cool:

Oh! What! Okay this clears it up :|
Reply 42
Original post by franynli
Oh! What! Okay this clears it up :|

I also rang aberdeen and they said the only academic part of an application they use is your predicted a-levels, so long as you pass min academic requirments.
Reply 43
Original post by maemg
I also rang aberdeen and they said the only academic part of an application they use is your predicted a-levels, so long as you pass min academic requirments.

I see, thanks for that :smile:
Reply 44
has anyone actually sent their application?
Reply 45
Hopefully i will be applying to southampton. Im hoping they dont use GCSE's too much, mine wernt great, but i have already done my A2's :smile:

Ohh and im glad they dont do interviews, incase i turn out to fail at them :P
Original post by maemg
I think the cut off was something in the high 500's last year it might rise as it normally always does , what do you mean your borderline for st.georges?:confused:, yea i was thinking of applying for aberdeen aswell not to sure now though, i'm really looking for unis which give out alot of interviews like st.georges you just need 416 points in gcse's and predicted AAA and a decent ukcat (which i still have to do!!!) and you get an interview.:cool:

What's a decent UKCAT score for st georges?
Reply 47
Original post by Caolan

I'm applying, anyone know last years ukcat?
Reply 48
Hey, does Southampton have specific 'AS' level requirements for medicine? Thank you!
Reply 49
Original post by Jasmine_777
What's a decent UKCAT score for st georges?

Please refer to SGUL's new admission policy regarding the UKCAT score. They changed things up quite a bit. From what I've heard, they're using an overall cut-off score, as well as implementing cut-off scores for each subsection. I can't say for sure what's a decent score, as this is the first time they're using this technique. What's your UKCAT Score?
Can Southampton be classified as UKCAT monster?
Reply 51
Original post by Cansu Ayten Tatar
Can Southampton be classified as UKCAT monster?

I don't believe so... However, if you have a UKCAT score that is at the bottom 25% percentile, you most likely will not be considered.
Reply 52
OP, can we have a poll of people's ukcat scores? :biggrin:
Okay, so UKCAT - not so important.
Interview - doesn't exist (?) [I know they interview some students, but I'm not sure who; is it the graduates?]

PS - massive whoring going on

Academics - I'm not sure, can someone shed a bit of light please?
any particular reason why you guys choose to apply for southampton?
Reply 55
does southampton require you to be 18 to start the course? :\
Could someone please answer if Southampton look at AS results? Thanks.
Reply 57
Original post by number1medic
Could someone please answer if Southampton look at AS results? Thanks.

No they don't, they only look to see if you've passed min gcse academic requirements. so long as your predicted 3A's your fine .:biggrin:
Original post by maemg
No they don't, they only look to see if you've passed min gcse academic requirements. so long as your predicted 3A's your fine .:biggrin:

Okay thank you!

does southampton require you to be 18 to start the course? :\

All medical schools do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending