The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Notice it's people with silly UKCAT scores who are getting offers first.
Reply 941
Original post by Nnuunnuu
where else have you applied?

bristol - rejection without interview
nottingham
cardiff
Original post by Erotas
1 minute past 4 - I guess no offer for me today :frown:

Why is 4 the limit? I used to wait until 5 (assuming that's when everyone who could email out rej/offers went home) but then I got an interview email from another uni at 530pm :s so now I wait until then before giving up hope :tongue:

Have soton announced they finish their days at 4? :s
Reply 943
Original post by modini
Notice it's people with silly UKCAT scores who are getting offers first.

I can be a counter-example. Yay! :grin:

I thought that as long as you met the cut-off, the UKCAT is ignored. Good luck all!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 944
Original post by NP473L
I can be your counter-example if you like :grin:

I thought that as long as you met the cut-off, the UKCAT is ignored. Good luck all!

I though that too. Was just making an observation :wink: Perhaps people with higher UKCAT scores genuinely have better personal statements :rolleyes:
Reply 945
Original post by NP473L
I can be a counter-example. Yay! :grin:

It is, having 890 ukcat vs 590 is the same as far as soton is concerned
I think that Southampton already know who they are going to offer a place. So they have to start somewhere. And perhaps they're just starting with those that have a high UKCAT score. But I don't think it plays very large part. A friend of mine last year had a UKCAT score of around 740, amazing grades, had an offer from Cambridge, but got rejected from Southampton because his personal statement wasn't amazing.
Reply 947
Original post by *Funny*Bunny*
Why is 4 the limit? I used to wait until 5 (assuming that's when everyone who could email out rej/offers went home) but then I got an interview email from another uni at 530pm :s so now I wait until then before giving up hope :tongue:

Have soton announced they finish their days at 4? :s

Oh maybe it is later then :tongue: I've just never had an email after 4 and heard somewhere on this forum that it was 4 but perhaps not. I just want an offferrrr!!! So badly :frown:
Original post by Erotas
1 minute past 4 - I guess no offer for me today :frown:

Got my offer from Kings at 22:07... there's still hope for today.. :smile:
Reply 949
Original post by Scarface-Don
I think that Southampton already know who they are going to offer a place. So they have to start somewhere. And perhaps they're just starting with those that have a high UKCAT score. But I don't think it plays very large part. A friend of mine last year had a UKCAT score of around 740, amazing grades, had an offer from Cambridge, but got rejected from Southampton because his personal statement wasn't amazing.

I'm half-expecting a rejection from Southampton for the same reason, that my personal statement wasn't fantastic.
Reply 950
The next person who says to me "No news is good news!" in a chirpy, upbeat tone will FEEL MY WRATH!!!

Mr I'mnotapplyingtoGEPoranymastersdegreesbuti'mgoingto offermyopinionanywaybecauseican...Be quiet fool.
Reply 951
Original post by MissGinge
The next person who says to me "No news is good news!" in a chirpy, upbeat tone will FEEL MY WRATH!!!

Mr I'mnotapplyingtoGEPoranymastersdegreesbuti'mgoingto offermyopinionanywaybecauseican...Be quiet fool.

I think I felt your wrath anyway :sad:
Reply 952
Original post by NP473L
I think I felt your wrath anyway :sad:

Everyone is feeling my wrath today :frown: I apologise most ardently. Wish they could get on with it so i can concentrate on finishing my degree! I can afford a meltdown now, but not in March!

Soton, i love you thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much...offer plz :0)
Original post by areyousure?
Yes, I got told AAA would be their offer and I could resit whenever I wanted to as long as I have the A in Chemistry by August it wouldn't matter...

Talking about going from AAB to AAA... look at UEA, wanted AAB last year (which I have) and if they make me an offer it will be an A* in chemistry....

How I despise these A*whores of universities..
Reply 954
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
How I despise these A*whores of universities..

Could be worse, imagine if sheffield considered resit applicants, what would their criteria be? get an a* + ukcat >900 :redface:
Original post by kaka123
Could be worse, imagine if sheffield considered resit applicants, what would their criteria be? get an a* + ukcat >900 :redface:

:lol:
I can actually see that happening..

"Candidates resitting an A level must acheive A*A*A*A*A*A*A* after resits, a minimum 900 in the UKCAT, with extentuating circumstances which can only include being in a coma or being at death's door - evidence of extentuating circumstances i.e. a signed letter from God must be recieved by the admissions department before candidates can be eligable to apply"
Original post by adsyrah
Really?

Seems to me he's just stating the facts!

Good doctors:

1. Are realists. They face facts

2. Don't stress about things that are beyond their control

3. Know how to switch off and relax.

:smile:
Reply 957
:lol:
I can actually see that happening..

"Candidates resitting an A level must acheive A*A*A*A*A*A*A* after resits, a minimum 900 in the UKCAT, with extentuating circumstances which can only include being in a coma or being at death's door - evidence of extentuating circumstances i.e. a signed letter from God must be recieved by the admissions department before candidates can be eligable to apply"

Ooh, that has cheered me up - reckon they would want than 900 in the UKCAT,!!:confused:
Original post by fuzzycat
Ooh, that has cheered me up - reckon they would want than 900 in the UKCAT,!!:confused:

Can't see them wanting less than 900 to be honest :no:
Sheffield are UKCAT whores enough as it is!
Imagine what resitters would have to go through *shudders*

I hope you realise I'm being sarcastic :lolz:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 959
Can't see them wanting less than 900 to be honest :no:
Sheffield are UKCAT whores enough as it is!
Imagine what resitters would have to go through *shudders*

I hope you realise I'm being sarcastic :lolz:

We are slowly becoming extinct, our habitats in a select few unis are being destroyed. We could be the last of our kind :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending