Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
What are your mock exam revision tips?! Share them with our year 10 & 11 students! 19-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Soooo... I'm not sure if I can survive the anticipation any longer.
    Good things come to those who wait though right?
    It's strange how medicine asks for our UCASs really early but is probably the last course to give out all their offers. But hey, as long as we get the offers in the end.

Although, this is driving me insane and I'm supposed to be revising for physics and biology next week. AHHHH
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshMa)
    Soooo... I'm not sure if I can survive the anticipation any longer.
    Good things come to those who wait though right?
    It's strange how medicine asks for our UCASs really early but is probably the last course to give out all their offers. But hey, as long as we get the offers in the end.

Although, this is driving me insane and I'm supposed to be revising for physics and biology next week. AHHHH
    I guess they just need a lot of time to sort through all the applications. :dontknow:

I'm going crazy too...revision has become my excuse to keep me away from track/email and my email/track has become my excuse to stay away from revision.

Good luck with Physics and Biology!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallenangel)
    'Overly hormonal' stemming from the fact people are reiterating the same points - alongside the people 'negging me' for simply stating my opinion. Also, the fact of what I actually did say - it was hardly the most controversial thing anyone had said & the overwhelming response confuses me.

I was not talking about people disregarding my opinion but I was simply validating and defending my viewpoint which has evidently caused quite the stir - the fact you find the need to further perpetuate this argument confirms that. I agree - seeing offers/rejections can be warming/depressing and I too would like to know, but I was just saying with regards to ' new members' - nothing else.

I don't intend to carry on this discussion nor clog up this thread with it - I apologise if I offended anyone, but I stand by what i said.
    I’m pretty sure no one thinks what you said was at all “controversial”, nor was the response particularly overwhelming :hmmmm: They’re just pretty normal, chilled replies. You just seem to be acting overly-defensive over nothing, and I responded because I thought your reply was a bit ridiculous really
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turnor123)
    I’m pretty sure no one thinks what you said was at all “controversial”, nor was the response particularly overwhelming :hmmmm: They’re just pretty normal, chilled replies. You just seem to be acting overly-defensive over nothing, and I responded because I thought your reply was a bit ridiculous really
    Well everyone's entitled to their own opinion - so I say we just agree to disagree and leave it there.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well.... just to change the topic:

Any internationals flying to Soton? I'M STOKED!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NP473L)
    Hahaha...I just checked my Track.

On a Sunday :sigh:

Must....revise!! Allure of procrastination....tooo....stron g.....AARRGGHH!!!

:crast:

:badger:

Wait what?
    would you choose Soton over UCL ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Offer came through Friday, SO HAPPY
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dewbear55)
    Offer came through Friday, SO HAPPY
    Congrats

Do you mind telling us your stats etc.. and first letter of your surname? Still hanging onto the hope that there's some sort of pattern in which offers are given.

Lmao at how desperate the waiting is getting
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd say, I have had my account on here for ages, and had an old one (forgot the email/passwordcombo) for about 2.5 years... Only tend to post when i have an actual enquiry, but with all the other members sharing what their going through, is it not what this is for, to tell everyone how we're doing?

Congrats to everyone who's got an offer, are you all going to the offer day on the 3rd Feb? I am sure the rest of you guys will get yours through soon too
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmillslittle)
    Congrats

Do you mind telling us your stats etc.. and first letter of your surname? Still hanging onto the hope that there's some sort of pattern in which offers are given.

Lmao at how desperate the waiting is getting
    6A* 5A at GCSE, AAB at A Level (retaking B in maths, was 1% off A and missed my offer for Liverpool last year because of it). and AB at AS as well. Lots of work experience, sport and music, and was told I had a good PS (had enough practice )

Sorry to ruin your pattern, but my surname starts with an I.... Im sure your offer is coming!!!

EDIT: UKCAT 737.5 average
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallenangel)
    Well everyone's entitled to their own opinion - so I say we just agree to disagree and leave it there.
    Just look at it from the point of view, that WHEN everyone's offers come through, the 'new' members that have just posted, that like me have probably been stalking all these threads for monthssss, and reading the answers to questions we had, already asked, we can all discuss together how happy we shall be at Southampton Medical School.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd say, I have had my account on here for ages, and had an old one (forgot the email/passwordcombo) for about 2.5 years... Only tend to post when i have an actual enquiry, but with all the other members sharing what their going through, is it not what this is for, to tell everyone how we're doing?

Congrats to everyone who's got an offer, are you all going to the offer day on the 3rd Feb? I am sure the rest of you guys will get yours through soon too
    First of all massive congratulations for the offer! Another triumph for resitters!
    Do you think there would be more than one offer day ? February 3rd seems a bit soon and I doubt all offers will be sent before that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Couldn't agree with you more! :grin:
    And as for this offer day, is it just like an open day for those lucky peeps with offers?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    would you choose Soton over UCL ?
    If I got an offer, that would be a harder decision that you might think. I really enjoyed the open day, and the campus-quiet(ish) town atmosphere at Southampton was very similar to where I live. I don't know why I applied to 3 London unis actually .

On paper, I'd probably take UCL, but yeah...for some reason Southampton had a certain charm to it when I went there. It's still in the running.

[Otherwise I wouldn't be checking my track at clinically insane times ]
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    6A* 5A at GCSE, AAB at A Level (retaking B in maths, was 1% off A and missed my offer for Liverpool last year because of it). and AB at AS as well. Lots of work experience, sport and music, and was told I had a good PS (had enough practice )

Sorry to ruin your pattern, but my surname starts with an I.... Im sure your offer is coming!!!
    Congratulations! Great to see resitters with offers.
    I'm in the same situation as you except chemistry instead of maths.
    Have you applied to Liverpool again this year? I've applied but haven't heard anything from them at all?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    this may seem like an incredibly silly question to all of you.. but this A-level thing is confusing me.. i keep seeing all you guys are up to your eyeballs in revision for exams this month.. so are all the A-levels in January? or is there more in June..? very confuzzling..

PS. i'm Irish.. not just simple.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aysha92)
    Congratulations! Great to see resitters with offers.
    I'm in the same situation as you except chemistry instead of maths.
    Have you applied to Liverpool again this year? I've applied but haven't heard anything from them at all?
    Yeah applied there, foolishly thought that they would share my opinion that 1.3% in an exam will mean I would not make the good doctor they thought I would last year by giving an offer I absolutely LOVE liverpool however and hope to get an interview! Was interviewed in November in 2010 for 2011 entry, seems unlikely I will get anything from them now, but am hoping and wishing!

Where did you apply?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turnor123)
    Couldn't agree with you more! :grin:
    And as for this offer day, is it just like an open day for those lucky peeps with offers?
    I'm not too sure, I'd say its just a chance to get more of a feel of the place we'd get from an interview everywhere else, a chance to see accommodation and meet each other? It seems super early though- considering offers seem to have only just started going out! I couldnt make the open day this year, but went in the 2011 cycle, and am excited to see it all again!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too sure, I'd say its just a chance to get more of a feel of the place we'd get from an interview everywhere else, a chance to see accommodation and meet each other? It seems super early though- considering offers seem to have only just started going out! I couldnt make the open day this year, but went in the 2011 cycle, and am excited to see it all again!
    I recall that there were a few open days last year. I had an offer towards the end of March and I think there was one after that...but that WAS last year! And to those trying to see a pattern as to how the offers are given out , I really don't think there is one. I think they are uploaded as they come back from the assessors - simple as that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myyrh)
    First of all massive congratulations for the offer! Another triumph for resitters!
    Do you think there would be more than one offer day ? February 3rd seems a bit soon and I doubt all offers will be sent before that.
    I know, us resitters are really doing well!! So many people, including teachers, told me not to bother trying again and said I should settle with the other courses I was offered on results day, like biomed/biology! At the end of the day, only 1 offer is needed for us all to make GREAT doctors!

I'm not sure, it does seem early given that offers have only just started coming out!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 10, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.