The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by panda_84
I'm going to the offer day on the 3rd of feb - see some of you there! I'm so excited haha

I'm tempted to turn up even though I don't have an offer! :colone:
Original post by JoshMa
Tomorrow could be the day guys !?!?!? :biggrin:
SUSPENSE

I thought today was going to be the day... :s-smilie:
Reply 1182
Original post by areyousure?
I thought today was going to be the day... :s-smilie:

Well seeing as no one has got an offer today I doubt today was the day... Maybe they do them every Tuesday and Friday until the end of March?? :s-smilie: I hate all this waiting! :frown:
Original post by YesDoc
Well seeing as no one has got an offer today I doubt today was the day... Maybe they do them every Tuesday and Friday until the end of March?? :s-smilie: I hate all this waiting! :frown:

Tomorrow then - would be a real booster as I have a really annoying biology module exam on the Wednesday :colondollar:
Reply 1184
Original post by YesDoc

This is what I was thinking! Oh, I really hope so.
It's strange how we try to make some order out of the probably completely random process. Shows the analytical minds of medicine applicants.
Original post by JoshMa
This is what I was thinking! Oh, I really hope so.
It's strange how we try to make some order out of the probably completely random process. Shows the analytical minds of medicine applicants.

So gonna write than on my personal statement next year if I don't get in this time round :colondollar:
Reply 1186
Original post by myyrh
I'm tempted to turn up even though I don't have an offer! :colone:

Yes, let's all go, show Soton how nice and friendly and supportive we all are:biggrin:
Hey guys I've been following this (and other) threads for ages and decided to join in the fun. I kinda have another account but i dont want my real name to discriminate me if soton actually looks at these threads!

Anyway, I am also waiting avidly for an offer! congratulations on all the people that have one so far :wink:

Tomorrow may be the day! (been saying that for the past 4 months)
Reply 1188
Original post by Why Hello There

Original post by Why Hello There
Hey guys I've been following this (and other) threads for ages and decided to join in the fun. I kinda have another account but i dont want my real name to discriminate me if soton actually looks at these threads!

Anyway, I am also waiting avidly for an offer! congratulations on all the people that have one so far :wink:

Tomorrow may be the day! (been saying that for the past 4 months)

Hi! Lets hope so :P
Reply 1189
Is there a theory that they do it alphabetically? If so, I might as well not bother checking until end of March...
Reply 1190
Original post by cz100
Is there a theory that they do it alphabetically? If so, I might as well not bother checking until end of March...

I remember seeing that someone got an offer with the surname L perhaps? Their surname was half way down the alphabet anyways, so they kind of broke the order.
Reply 1191
Original post by Erotas
I remember seeing that someone got an offer with the surname L perhaps? Their surname was half way down the alphabet anyways, so they kind of broke the order.

Thanks, that just makes it harder to establish a pattern then...
Original post by Erotas

For reference, this discussion about offers being alphabetical comes up every year (check the 2011 and 2010 Southampton applicants threads). Every time it's disproven quite conclusively, so unfortunately, I think we're all back to checking, waiting, checking, waiting, checking... :s-smilie:
Original post by Erotas

I do believe this was me, sorry, I am an I surname and got my offer friday! doesnt matter what your surnames are, all your offers will come soon anyway :smile:
Reply 1194
I thought the order might be just due to who ever was marking your personal statement, how long they took compared to someone else marking another pile? :s
Ahhh, did anyone just get a 'Books from UCAS' email that also made them use the phrase from Ace Ventura - "I'm looking for Ray Finkle .... and a clean pair of shorts" The shorts part, not the Ray Finkle part. Unless you happen to know someone called ray Finkle and the email reminded you that you were looking for him, either way ... I need to get a life :|
Reply 1196
Lol i just got an about that as well
Unsubscribe from the marketing emails - simple!
I'm a re-applicant and have experienced the devastating effects of the UCAS spam system so I did not subscribe this year :cool:
Reply 1199
Does not seem like today's going tobe the day either.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending