The Student Room Group

Student Finance: effed me over for the last time?

Ok, Student Finance I know are renowned for their inability to do their jobs. Yeah? Ok, granted. I always knew this, but going into second year with them has been the most upsetting experience... so far.

I sent off my application, with my ma and pa's evidence (in the same envelope, take note) following shortly after in the post... BEFORE the deadline.

Checking online a couple of weeks later, 'your mother's evidence has not yet been sent'.

WHAT?

So I rang them to see what's up. They said they had nada, I said 'look harder'. They said 'ahhh yesss, we have it now!'

Wash, rinse, and repeat this process x 5 with about a week in between each time.

They then said that I hadn't applied to have my means tested in the first place. Ohohoho, oh no you did not! Of course I blimmin did. Why else would I send evidence you numptys?

After more calls, more promises and my mother's evidence being excavated more times than a Filipino corpse, I've had enough. They now tell me it'll take them 10 days... JUST TO ATTACH MY MOTHER'S EVIDENCE TO THE APPLICATION. I can expect the entire process to take a month.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYY MEEEE?!?!?! I don't want to be all 'my daddy's a lawyer, la de da, and he'll get yewwww *sob sob*... But I'm afraid my fury might turn me into this. Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by bluebreeze
Ok, Student Finance I know are renowned for their inability to do their jobs. Yeah? Ok, granted. I always knew this, but going into second year with them has been the most upsetting experience... so far.

I sent off my application, with my ma and pa's evidence (in the same envelope, take note) following shortly after in the post... BEFORE the deadline.

Checking online a couple of weeks later, 'your mother's evidence has not yet been sent'.

WHAT?

So I rang them to see what's up. They said they had nada, I said 'look harder'. They said 'ahhh yesss, we have it now!'

Wash, rinse, and repeat this process x 5 with about a week in between each time.

They then said that I hadn't applied to have my means tested in the first place. Ohohoho, oh no you did not! Of course I blimmin did. Why else would I send evidence you numptys?

After more calls, more promises and my mother's evidence being excavated more times than a Filipino corpse, I've had enough. They now tell me it'll take them 10 days... JUST TO ATTACH MY MOTHER'S EVIDENCE TO THE APPLICATION. I can expect the entire process to take a month.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYY MEEEE?!?!?! I don't want to be all 'my daddy's a lawyer, la de da, and he'll get yewwww *sob sob*... But I'm afraid my fury might turn me into this. Any advice?

Id say write a letter of complaint. Might not do you any good but at least you can say youv forwarded your concerns on to the head office. Take note of who you spoke to and at what times. Mention what they have said and such and how you feel. Especially as this is your second time applying they really should have got their act together.
I'm still waiting for my evidence to be confirmed...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending