The Student Room Group

Return to Univeristy After Time Off

Hi Guys

I need some advice. I started a full time degree (Non-medical or Education related) and completed 2 years but at the beginning of my third year I fell ill. This led to me dropping out and taking a 'Leave of Absence'. I was supposed to come back the next year (2010/2011) to redo my third but I decided not to due to medical Issues and to be honest the time off had just changed my feelings about what I wanted to do. I was awarded a Diploma of Higher Education for my 2 years completed.

Now I'm thinking of going back to university and maybe doing a one or two year course (Diploma etc) in a related subject but not the actual course I was on. Maybe even a 3 year degree. My question is eould I qualify for student finance and if so what could I get?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
They would fund it I'd say
Reply 2
Thanks jamie. Gives me some hope. Now its just a matter of finding a course still open for enlisting. Got a few in mind but I have another question.

What are the chances of them funding 2 courses at the same time? I'm thinking of doing a Foundation Degree\Higher Diploma that lasts 2 years but at the same time I was wondering whether it would be possible for me to do second 1 year course (linked below). I obviously wouldn't request any extra grants\loans (living expenses etc.) for the second course just for my fee's. Do you think that would be possible or would I have to wait till the first course finished and then start the second?

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/students/courses/postgraduate/taught/iaa/heritage-management.aspx#details

Thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by MoBi232
Thanks jamie. Gives me some hope. Now its just a matter of finding a course still open for enlisting. Got a few in mind but I have another question.

What are the chances of them funding 2 courses at the same time? I'm thinking of doing a Foundation Degree\Higher Diploma that lasts 2 years but at the same time I was wondering whether it would be possible for me to do second 1 year course (linked below). I obviously wouldn't request any extra grants\loans (living expenses etc.) for the second course just for my fee's. Do you think that would be possible or would I have to wait till the first course finished and then start the second?

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/students/courses/postgraduate/taught/iaa/heritage-management.aspx#details

Thanks!

heres some more hope, i dropped out in year 1 and now will be enrolling onto a 4 year course, that they say they'll fund .. so good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending