The Student Room Group

I'm really really upset...

....my world has literally just been crushed. Me and Lukeharmz had been really happy with eachother lately or so I thought and after all my depression and mistrusting and our arguing, we were finally gettin somwhere, I was fnally getting better and trusting him and being more confident but he has ruined everything.

I got an offer for uni yesterday and it was the one I wanted! Which meant I could move in with Luke, it was like the start of our future together after 2 years of only seeing eachother at weekends if we were lucky.

Little did I know, for a month now he has had another account on here, I'm not naming it, but he made it just to catch me out, he emailed me and was trying to provoke me into flirting back. It didn't work. I caught him out. He has done other things the last month which I had no idea about, I was so happy and so blind so exactly how many other things has he done but covered up and put on an "honest" sharade???

The thing that hurts the most is the fact that we were just gettin right and settling down and being happy but after all he still sent the email today, he still *****ed us up, and now we are over.

I'm not necessarily looking for sympathy but I needed to get this off my chest, I feel so lied to and betrayed and he knows that I hate lying most of all and he pretty much hit every wrong button in doing what he did, I'm absolutely devastated, my future was planned and happy and today I have nothing.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
screw him. Your to good for him. Move one. Hope he is reading

Next please!:P
Reply 2
It seems like he is paranoid about going out with you, i dont think its a question of trust with you personally.
Reply 3
Two people with 'harmz' in their names are obviously not going to have any kind of sane/functional relationship :rolleyes:

Its good that you dumped him though, leave him and sort yourself out on your own/find another bf.
You've still got your whole future ahead of you. When you start university you'll probably find that you'll change and grow as a person and these future plans that you have already made will inevitably change too. I know you must be feeling terrible at the moment (I recently split with my boyfriend and was completely devastated, still am) but try and focus on some of the positive things you've got going on. You say you've got nothing but you've just received an offer from the university you want to go to so you should be celebrating! Your plans have changed (possibly for the better) not totally disappeared. Look forward to the future and if you can, try not to dwell on this too much, you don't want to slip back into depression after all. Good luck :smile:
Reply 5
Grow up.
Reply 6

sounds like hes a bit of a sad case to me.
claireharmz
....my world has literally just been crushed. Me and Lukeharmz had been really happy with eachother lately or so I thought and after all my depression and mistrusting and our arguing, we were finally gettin somwhere, I was fnally getting better and trusting him and being more confident but he has ruined everything.

I got an offer for uni yesterday and it was the one I wanted! Which meant I could move in with Luke, it was like the start of our future together after 2 years of only seeing eachother at weekends if we were lucky.

Little did I know, for a month now he has had another account on here, I'm not naming it, but he made it just to catch me out, he emailed me and was trying to provoke me into flirting back. It didn't work. I caught him out. He has done other things the last month which I had no idea about, I was so happy and so blind so exactly how many other things has he done but covered up and put on an "honest" sharade???

The thing that hurts the most is the fact that we were just gettin right and settling down and being happy but after all he still sent the email today, he still *****ed us up, and now we are over.

I'm not necessarily looking for sympathy but I needed to get this off my chest, I feel so lied to and betrayed and he knows that I hate lying most of all and he pretty much hit every wrong button in doing what he did, I'm absolutely devastated, my future was planned and happy and today I have nothing.

Wow poor you bet you was well pissed off, thinking that after all you went through. But hey look at it this way you found out your ex was maybe 'two timing' you at the right time. My only real hope is that you won't have tons of bad things to say to others guys, but if you did I don't think anyone would question that. All guys ain't B-----ds, and I really hope through these kind of forums/chatrooms your find that special person, if not I can promise you your got lots of special persons here to try and help you and befriend you!.

Know it ain't sorted your problem, but it may make you feel, we are feeling for you. Hey its a as they all say in soaps, a new year, time for a fresh start... Good luck!

--------------

Yeah Wee Dave is kinda right, screw the bummer!
Reply 8
bluejeansdave
I really hope through these kind of forums/chatrooms your find that special person,

No offense, but that's crappy advice.

Looking for love in forums/chatrooms is the last thing she should try to do, especially since her ex-bf tried to trick her in forums.

People on the internet are completely different offline in many cases. (Heck, watch that movie where the lady created 5+ accounts and had 5+ personalities online. ) In summary, the internet is just a place for facades.

She should be thinking 1) she's young and thus isn't destined to be a spinster 2) that her ex is crazy and thus good riddance 3) she will soon get over this, because a relationship isn't everything.
Ok I might be missing something here....but what did he actually do? Other than being a little odd (and having obvious trust issues!) that drove him to pretend to be someone else to "test" you.

Is that the only reason you've broken up?
Tarts_n_Vicars
Ok I might be missing something here....but what did he actually do? Other than being a little odd (and having obvious trust issues!) that drove him to pretend to be someone else to "test" you.

Is that the only reason you've broken up?

Come on, Someone pretending to be someone else to 'test' someone,
thats cuckoo... :eek:
Not necessarily. The OP said she had trust issues at the start, it's very possible her bf has them too (nothing to do with her specifically, just in general).

He could have done it because he needed to know he could trust her, or he could have done it because he wanted her to break up with him. I was just favouring the former rather than the latter.
Tarts_n_Vicars
Not necessarily. The OP said she had trust issues at the start, it's very possible her bf has them too (nothing to do with her specifically, just in general).

He could have done it because he needed to know he could trust her, or he could have done it because he wanted her to break up with him. I was just favouring the former rather than the latter.

If they're having trust problems already then whats the point?

relationships are all about trust and if you can't trust someone that you're with, theres no point continuing.
The OP had them at the start and worked through them, there's nothing to suggest if that's the same issue her bf has that they can't work through it again.
Reply 14
Stub
Grow up.

? I see you just made a very productive post there. :rolleyes:

Don't worry about him... sure it hurts but you will get over him. :smile:
claireharmz
my future was planned and happy and today I have nothing.

You are 17, and your "future was planned" with a 21yr old someone who calls himself lukeharmz ? :rolleyes:
LOL !

You do need to get a life of some sort.
Reply 16
Your world wasn't literally crushed. Otherwise you'd be very flat right now.
Poica
Your world wasn't literally crushed. Otherwise you'd be very flat right now.

"Lily, the caretaker's daughter, was literally run off her feet." I think if we can let James Joyce off, we can lets others use literary techniques (for want of a better phrase) to emphasise the unhappiness of their situation, non? :p:
-TMG-
Two people with 'harmz' in their names are obviously not going to have any kind of sane/functional relationship :rolleyes:

They could sit together and watch each other self harm and cut themselves...
Reply 19
You'll be fine. Uni will be fab and you will meet heaps of fab people who you can trust, you'll change so much in your 20s, and discover so much about yourself, that you'll look back to 17 and thing "WTF was I thinking??"

Latest

Trending

Trending