The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
englishstudent
"Lily, the caretaker's daughter, was literally run off her feet." I think if we can let James Joyce off, we can lets others use literary techniques (for want of a better phrase) to emphasise the unhappiness of their situation, non? :p:

I do not let James Joyce off!! The sentence is fine as a description of how she is feeling, but "literally" is just unnecessary and incorrect!
Poica
I do not let James Joyce off!! The sentence is fine as a description of how she is feeling, but "literally" is just unnecessary and incorrect!

Are metaphors "unnecessary" too?
Reply 22
fundamentally
You are 17, and your "future was planned" with a 21yr old someone who calls himself lukeharmz ? :rolleyes:
LOL !

You do need to get a life of some sort.

Thanks for your very, erm, helpful advice.
You had an e-relationship?
One-Prophecy
You had an e-relationship?

'nuff said.
I thought they were going out properly?!
God what an a**hole!
Doing all the waiting , hope and all that for nothing, yeeeh i feel so sorry but at the same time angry for you :mad:
That sounds rubbish, if you guys had talked about the future and things and spending it together then not only are you mourning the end of your relationship, but the end of your future, and that makes it so much more painful.
What I will say is that you are going to Uni in september where you will make so many new memories and meet so many amazing new people and have so much fun! It might be easier for you without a boyfriend, and you will definitely meet more people and have a better time if you're not living with him and living in halls instead. Grieve now, otherwise you wont put your relationship to rest, but remember, your future isn't gone, and you haven't got nothing. You've got your self-respect and your whole life ahead of you.
Smile and keep your head up.
Obviously he hasn't been hitting all the right buttons. Get over your wee computer love-story/weekend (based on a computer) love story.
Reply 29
Woodsy
Obviously he hasn't been hitting all the right buttons. Get over your wee computer love-story/weekend (based on a computer) love story.

You obviously didn't read it properly coz I never said anything about havin an e-relationship and we were going out for 2 ****ing years! So get over youself!

--------------

Poica

I didn't mean it literally so I'm not wrong, get a life and stop being so critical.

--------------

Stub
Grow up.

And what did exactly do I need to grow up about?

Does anyone else know coz I don't!?

--------------

My bf/ex-bf now wants to go out at the weekend as it is spose to be our 2 year anniversary!
What should I do? I want to go but know I shouldn't, should I just literally tell him to p off? Or give him another chance?
So did he do anything other than the fake user name to test you thing?
Reply 31
That and while tryin to catch me he was flirtin with someone else and he had it for a month and lied to me the whole time! How could he be that manipulative and me not notice? Am I stupid or should I be worried he's too good at lying and that he could be lying about anything else?....
What did he say when you confronted him about it?
If he needed to try and 'test' you, then he doesn't deserve to be with you anyway. You should try, even though it will hurt, to forget him and be glad there'll be no more lies or mistrust in your life. Then you can go to uni with a fresh start and find someone who won't need to lie to you!!
Reply 34
whats wrong with a bit of innocent flirting!? as long as nothing comes from it. And anyway.... there is a very thin line between being friendly and flirting! It all comes down to trust.... if you cant trust the person after two years of being with someone, and feel the need to 'test' each other, then what the **** are you going out with each other for!!! You'll soon be looking back and laugh at just how pathetic this whole thing is! Move on, and don't let it affect your time at uni!
Reply 35
one of my mates did this to her boyfriend, simply to see if he was faithful to her.. he was, but he wasn't happy when he found out what was going on.. i'm not suprised that you are annoyed with him. i would be too.. i'd give him a good punch in the face.
Reply 36
jovialtom
whats wrong with a bit of innocent flirting!? as long as nothing comes from it. And anyway.... there is a very thin line between being friendly and flirting! It all comes down to trust.... if you cant trust the person after two years of being with someone, and feel the need to 'test' each other, then what the **** are you going out with each other for!!! You'll soon be looking back and laugh at just how pathetic this whole thing is! Move on, and don't let it affect your time at uni!

What don't people get?? I didn't test him and never have!!!
Reply 37
Clairehayz
I didn't mean it literally so I'm not wrong, get a life and stop being so critical.

Next time don't say "literally" then.
Reply 38
Tarts_n_Vicars
What did he say when you confronted him about it?

He was being cocky and saying I was in the wrong, and that it was my fault he had done it because about 4/5 months ago, we had a falling out because of something I did. I started emaling a bloke and flirting with him as I wasn't gettin enough attention from my b/f, I basically took the cowards way out instead of talking to him and I swear to god I will never do that again coz I know how hurt he was and all he kept saying was that he still hasn't got over it and that he doesn't know if he ever can and his jealousy apparently got the better of him...so he sent the email.

--------------

Poica
Next time don't say "literally" then.

I'll say whatever I need to explain my point clearly enough. If I want to say literally then I'll say it, what harm does it do?
Ohhh

I thought he was doing it because genuinely had trust issues with you and needed to know he could rely on you.

If he's being cocky and doing it to get back at you...you're well rid. I know it's tough because he was such a part of your future plans but think how you'd have felt if you'd found out AFTER you'd moved in with him.

Latest

Trending

Trending