The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Level 2 course in the middle of my second level 1 course

I'm starting my next level 1 course in November. I will complete that course by June '12 and then I've finished with the requirement of 60 credits of level 1 courses. However, I would love to start a level 2 course already in February, a couple of months before I've completed the last level 1 course. Do you think its possible, or should I finish the level 1 courses before starting a level 2 course?

I'm doing DD131 now, DD123 starts in Nov. Considering TD223 for February. Working towards BA in International studies.

Entry description in TD223:

"This is a Level 2 course and you need to have some knowledge of the subject area or social sciences in general, obtained either through Level 1 study with the OU, or by doing equivalent work at another university.

Either of the Level 1 courses Introducing the social sciences (DD101)) or Environment: journeys through a changing world (U116) would be ideal preparation."
Reply 1
Original post by maaliskuu
Considering TD223 for February. "

Sorry, considering DD205 for February, not TD223.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
DD205: Living in a globalised world doesn't seem to require any great amount of previous knowledge so I guess so long as you can cope with the essay workload then it shouldn't be a problem.
Reply 3
Original post by Nitebot
DD205: Living in a globalised world doesn't seem to require any great amount of previous knowledge so I guess so long as you can cope with the essay workload then it shouldn't be a problem.

Hopefully so. :smile: I've heard DB123 is not a lot of work, so I'd rather take it with a 60 credits course than 60+60 credits courses together. I work full time and haven't planned to take two courses at the same time, but I don't want to delay getting a degree too late into the future so this is why I'm considering 30+60 credits simultaneously.. I mean, you only need to pass the level 1 courses. :biggrin:
Reply 4
I started 2 level 1 modules (60 points) in October then started my first level 2 in February (30 points), halfway through the level 1s. I work full time. It was totally fine for me.

Quick Reply

Latest