The Student Room Group

Quick IB question.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by royale_with_cheese
Well Ajrabi don't talk about whether it was rigorous or not if you didn't have teachers that prescribe you a ****load of work.

royale_with_cheese, don't talk about whether it was rigorous or not when you took Math Studies and ESS.

/school'd
lifeisgood, they're standard levels, ask any top UK uni, they don't mean ****. HL is double the amount of work compared to your SLs with any combination of subjects. HL teachers basically just go nuts. SL=AS Level, HL=A Level.
Original post by royale_with_cheese
lifeisgood, they're standard levels, ask any top UK uni, they don't mean ****. HL is double the amount of work compared to your SLs with any combination of subjects. HL teachers basically just go nuts. SL=AS Level, HL=A Level.

HL is actually 1.5 times the work, but never mind that.

You enjoy a greater luxury of time that many IB students don't have(i.e. those who didn't choose mickey mouse SLs). Stop advertising IB as a rigorous curriculum. It may very well be for everyone else, but it certainly isn't rigorous for you.

:biggrin:
Original post by lifeisgood.
HL is actually 1.5 times the work, but never mind that.

You enjoy a greater luxury of time that many IB students don't have(i.e. those who didn't choose mickey mouse SLs). Stop advertising IB as a rigorous curriculum. It may very well be for everyone else, but it certainly isn't rigorous for you.

:biggrin:

I wish I could rep you again. Maths Studies and ESS really aren't that rigorous whatsoever, and that leaves lots of time for your HLs. If royale seriously finds that rigorous, I'd like to see him survive one day in an HL Maths class.
Man of the Hour
I wish I could rep you again. Maths Studies and ESS really aren't that rigorous whatsoever, and that leaves lots of time for your HLs. If royale seriously finds that rigorous, I'd like to see him survive one day in an HL Maths class.

I'd like to see him survive a day at Uni.
Arrowhead, a tad hypocritical when you got a 5 in ESS yourself isn't it? And well whatever I don't want to continue this pointless debate, each to their own, I don't know how much you guys got given and what marks you received, I'll post here on results day.
Yeah, I'd LOVE to see your results. There is nothing more exciting than that, huh? :P
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply