The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gallium
protein just ran out, someone point me in the direction of some good whey or even decent 'mass gainer'

Banoffee impact whey is nice. Using that with vanilla at the moment to stop me getting sick of one flavour.
Reply 5861
Original post by Michael XYZ
Yes, fair enough, my bad on the passive aggressiveness.

Original post by Gallium
protein just ran out, someone point me in the direction of some good whey or even decent 'mass gainer'

need this too but I'm guessing MP whey is still top..
Reply 5862
Original post by Gallium

mass gainer:
100g oats
pint milk
nesquik
whey optional

blend, pour
Original post by Adidas90
mass gainer:
100g oats
pint milk
nesquik
whey optional

blend, pour

lol i already do this :wink:, but last month i got 5kg of mass gainer for 30 quid was decent stuff too just pure protein blend+ oats, worked out cheaper then flavored whey.
Reply 5864
Must have had 10,000 calories in alcohol today (not even exaggerating). Merry Christmas phaggots, obliterated :biggrin:. <3
Reply 5865
Epic 14 hour session on Xmas eve scuppered my plans to drink a lot yesterday! Although I wish there were more days where irish coffee at 10am is acceptable. Only way to deal with hangover on xmas day!

Never been so full, though. So.Much.Meat. Could have been good bulking fuel if I wasn't so tired and lethargic from boozing! May as well finish off dem dere bacon rashers and sausges to complete the unhealthy weekend.

You phags having downtime or straight back in t'gym today/rtomorrow?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by AdaD

I'm 250 miles away from my gym visiting family so bit hard to go back to gym tomorrow. Reckon a good few people here will be the same...

I only started weight training at uni so don't know where the good local gyms are although some guy i used to work with at asda used to compete in powerlifting so there must be a local gym but i don't mind having 2 weeks off then getting back to my normal gym in jan.
Reply 5867
2 weeks off is unthinkable

I keep a spare DB with me at all times. Highly recommend it. Carrying it around gives me some slight gains and helps for overall conditioning. I do between-the-legs concentration curls with it when I'm taking a dump, I was pressing it yesterday whilst opening my presents, and I bench it while I'm lying in bed. asleep

up your game or remain the same
Yes I was planning on going to the gym yesterday for a light deadlift workout but buses weren't running so couldn't be bothered.
Do you guys think Michael is tinktinktinkerbell's 'other half'..

Hope everyone had a good day yesterday! I didn't get anything exciting so I just bought myself a new front bumper.
Original post by Herr Stamper

Hope everyone had a good day yesterday! I didn't get anything exciting so I just bought myself a new front bumper.

Lolwut.
Temporary gym re-opens on the 28th. It's all adding up though, 4 pound for each session . .
£5 a session down my way. Ah well, will only be once or twice before I come back up.
Original post by Herr Stamper

Somehow I don't think so. But I would piss myself if it were true.

Original post by AdaD

Did a deadlifting session on Christmas Eve so only taking 2 days off between SQ and DL sessions, which is pretty normal for me anyway:colondollar:
Now that it's not Christmas and people can type longer messages, anyone care to explain what I was asking yesterday.
Reply 5875
Original post by Michael XYZ
Now that it's not Christmas and people can type longer messages, anyone care to explain what I was asking yesterday.

Dude it's a roulette posting in here anyway. Don't know why you get so wound up

Think about it. Most people in here are either around the same strength/experience as you and thus either a) probably in the middle of experimenting and trying things themselves or b) taking advice from someone else who is alot stronger. Regardless of whether anyone is an a) or a b), the point stands they have little in the way of strength or experience to answer your questions.

That leaves the remaining handful of people who actually are strong and have some decent experience (HStamper, AB, burningnun, redhotbutter, PLer, PN, one more maybe?) most of which don't post very often, and when they finally do you only ignore what they say anyway and tell them to elaborate on it further at which point they then tell you to stop whining

THEN they get backtraced and arrested for bullying and the thread gets closed and everyone dies the end :frown:
this thread isn't for advice.
=/

What are some decent forums (I know of Sugden Barbell) where talk of lifting is done then?
tesosterone muscle / uk muscle / muscle talk / intense muscle / natural muscle / t nation forums / simply shredded forums

there are countless forums out there
Reply 5879
My last workout was on the meet day.. and the next one is tomorrow. Gym is closed today grr :frown: booo

Latest