The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MHorman
I remember when i ended up seeing one of your bench videos the other day i thought with your arch your ROM was cut down to about half but her range of motion was laughable in that vid with her arch.

Swear she only actually moves the bar up/down about 3 inches.:confused:

She does. That's the technique behind it :wink: My arch isn't that good compared to pretty much any decent female PL I've seen. I also use a very narrow grip which sadly cancels out the majority of my RoM decrease which my arch gives me.

Original post by cowsforsale

I saw that. Definitely a very homo look but he's strong. As are all the top IPF guys.
Original post by The Blind Monk
She does. That's the technique behind it :wink: My arch isn't that good compared to pretty much any decent female PL I've seen. I also use a very narrow grip which sadly cancels out the majority of my RoM decrease which my arch gives me.

I guessed but it takes a way a little bit from the lift imo. I know it's legal etc but making a proper bench of 140 is a lot more impressive than a 3 inch movement...
Still a lot better than i could do anyway though. :colondollar:

Also, i think i do a reasonably close grip for normal bench. I have it so my hands are a thumb width away from the inside of the knurling.(Not sure if that makes any sense).
When squatting i use a wider grip of outside of my hand being near the little break in the knurling and when deadlifting/pressing i have my hand on the inside. How close grip is my usual benching? Everyone else at my gym seems to bench a lot wider...

Also, someone go post in training goals thread. I'm looking like this guy atm...
Original post by commandant
Tried Westside for 3-4 months. Nothing happened to my squat (raw), bench helped a fair bit and didn't test my deadlift so who knows lol

What kind of ME lifts did you use for squat?
any tips on resetting sleeping patterns? i've been going to bed at 4am and waking up at 1pm :/
Reply 5944
Original post by Gallium
any tips on resetting sleeping patterns? i've been going to bed at 4am and waking up at 1pm :/

All nighter.
Original post by Gallium

Either what RawJoh said or just go to bed a bit earlier everynight until you reach the time you want
Reply 5946
Original post by MHorman
Wilks Value is 265.444

Up about 15 from when i last did it but still in the same place on the ranking of TSR gods...

When i smash 140 squat next week still at 75kg i will get 377.5 totaland it would put me at 269.004 which is less than 0.1 ahead of a_t if he's not improved at all since last time...:colone:

I've improved
fellas, got a few questions about squatting form, okay here goes

today i went to the gym to squat my usual 3x5 i was messing about with form and stumbled upon leaning forward slightly so that your ribcage makes contact with your knees and you get a kinda bounce, i also don't push my knees out as much on the way down.. it makes squatting a hella lot easier is this okay?, i'll get recordings in a few days
Sugden is cliquey because the guys there all know each other in person. Anyone I have met from U90 strongman has been sound and will not act like they don't want you in their group. It's just a different kind of forum - it's really a site for people who are part of the community rather than a forum that is it's own community like this one. Nobody on there is really cliquey in the sense that they won't let you in to their community, just that it's really hard to over the internet. Like, imagine if you started a forum to keep in touch with your friends without using phones and **** because you didn't like facebook, and some randomer joined thinking it was an ordinary forum. It doesn't make you cliquey that he wouldn't really be included.
Original post by a_t
I've improved

Same, think i posted that like over a month ago...
Reply 5951
Original post by MHorman
Same, think i posted that like over a month ago...

I've improved
Original post by Gallium

today i went to the gym to squat my usual 3x5 i was messing about with form and stumbled upon leaning forward slightly so that your ribcage makes contact with your knees and you get a kinda bounce, i also don't push my knees out as much on the way down.. it makes squatting a hella lot easier is this okay?, i'll get recordings in a few days

Sounds like bull****. I don't even know how or why you would want that to happen.
Ribcage making contact with your knees. That's a HUGE lean forward. Probably not a good idea.
Hit a legit 100kg bench and 160kg deadlift for the first time today, very pleased :smile:
Reply 5955
Original post by TheGrandmaster
Hit a legit 100kg bench and 160kg deadlift for the first time today, very pleased :smile:

Congrats!

Forget training, it's all about mind over matter boys.
Reply 5957
Original post by Michael XYZ

Forget training, it's all about mind over matter boys.

Wait wut?
I've quit training and will now be coached by him.

Expect me at the next IPF comp when I plan to hit a 3001 total.

Raw.
Reply 5959
Original post by Michael XYZ
I've quit training and will now be coached by him.

Expect me at the next IPF comp when I plan to hit a 3001 total.

Raw.

LOL Not sure if srs. :tongue:

Latest