The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've tried them on a lat pull down machine, legs hooked under the support- then had a friend assist me / used a big ball (forget the name lol) to assist

tbh I'd rather an actual machine
Well, yes, most just do negatives.
GHR equipment is meant to develop your hips and lower back too. The ones you do without the equipment are a different exercise imo.

Thanks for that. Just watched through Dorian Yates with Kai Greene and Oscar Arden.
Original post by tommy1311
Thanks for that. Just watched through Dorian Yates with Kai Greene and Oscar Arden.

:smile:
Did a light workout today as first time in gym in 3 weeks.
Was doing 5*5 for first time as opposed to 3*5 on SS and it's ridiculously hard.
First 2 sets are like nothing yet i'm really struggling on the end of the last set.

Only doing 5*5 once a week for squats and it's mainly just a reason to go light that day as it'll be the day after a run/cycle where my legs will be dead.
Plan is to go light and unbelted and do plenty of reps to work the core strongly.
Original post by MHorman
Did a light workout today as first time in gym in 3 weeks.
Was doing 5*5 for first time as opposed to 3*5 on SS and it's ridiculously hard.
First 2 sets are like nothing yet i'm really struggling on the end of the last set.

Only doing 5*5 once a week for squats and it's mainly just a reason to go light that day as it'll be the day after a run/cycle where my legs will be dead.
Plan is to go light and unbelted and do plenty of reps to work the core strongly.

you literally may as well do texas method as your squatting light once a week.
I.m always worried that I might do a faceplant when i'm on the ghr
Last time i did ghrs the ghetto way i cramped up :/

got to deadlift and squat tmoz not looking forward to it as i'm still sore from tuesday deadlfits :frown:

and i just realised i don't look much smaller then the guys in the transformation contest who are like 80kg
Flat bench PR today, that makes three PRs so far in 2012, going well so far:2012:
Original post by Gallium
you literally may as well do texas method as your squatting light once a week.

Tbh i read over texas/madcows and stuff and didn't like a particular routine that much.

Atm i'm on a cut so maintaining/small increases will happen on any routine really.
I don't see why people are obsessed with certain routines tbh. If someone does one daya week slightly different from a workout then it will still work.

I've taken what i like from Texas/Madcow and mized it in with what p[roved to work well for me in november/december when i was trying different things out...
Last time I did GHR a man sat on mat next to the machine and watch me intently whilst doing stretches. It was more than a little bit disturbing.

In other news, I got an offer from Cambridge. Ecstatic.
Original post by TheGrandmaster
Last time I did GHR a man sat on mat next to the machine and watch me intently whilst doing stretches. It was more than a little bit disturbing.

Grats, repped :biggrin:
Original post by The Blind Monk
Natural GHRs are quite pointless for most people because they're too difficult. The learning curve is too steep since it's basically a bodyweight hamstring curl. GHRs on the EliteFTS GHR are nowhere near as hard.

lol this, which also means they're quite an injury risk!
Original post by Tango189
Grats, repped :biggrin:

Cheers :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=35666281&postcount=197

does my diet look decent? ain't calculated macros yet...but i reckon i need more fats.
Reply 6376
Original post by TheGrandmaster

Congratz man. Which college if you don't mind me asking? There's actually a powerlifting society at Cambridge too.
Okay need some input.

Did parallel box squats today and got 175x1. Now that's pretty much my free squat max - it's really 170 but I know that on a bit of a better day I had that 175. Now, usually I hear that this shouldn't really be the case - although for some it is. I wasn't exactly doing it like Westside - huge wide stance, just going back a lot so it's all hamstrings/low-back/glutes - because I feel that's not gonna help me much with my free squat.
First session of 2012 - Knee injury.

This year is going to be a struggle I know it.
Original post by Mdawg
Congratz man. Which college if you don't mind me asking? There's actually a powerlifting society at Cambridge too.

Cheers :smile: Homerton College, it was an open application :biggrin: Cool, definitely will have to get involved with that if I meet the offer.

Latest