The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

thinking about getting an inzer forever 13mm belt (in red), just cuz i can :wink:

btw for press is it better to microload or do like 5 sets of 3? atm i do 5 sets of 3 and a back of set at 80%
Original post by Gallium
thinking about getting an inzer forever 13mm belt (in red), just cuz i can :wink:

btw for press is it better to microload or do like 5 sets of 3? atm i do 5 sets of 3 and a back of set at 80%

Like many on here, I too have a hard time with the press.

I started doing it eod (as follows);

M - 5x5

W - 3x3 push press

F - 1x5, 4x8

That has worked well - I am (strict) pressing 57.5 for 5x5 from stalling at something stupid like 50 for 3x5.
150kg x 5 on pause squats.

Pretty ****ing pleased.
Original post by Michael XYZ
150kg x 5 on pause squats.

Pretty ****ing pleased.

how far you you force your knees out when squatting?, i just come from a big-reset where i focused on form, now that i'm hitting maximal weights i can't keep my knee all the way out(feel like i'l fail if i do).....but my knees don't buckle in either.

also my bull****ter of a mate claims he squatted 120kg for 5x10 3rd time squatting and 5th time training legs lol. his like 85kg bw
Original post by Gallium
how far you you force your knees out when squatting?, i just come from a big-reset where i focused on form, now that i'm hitting maximal weights i can't keep my knee all the way out(feel like i'l fail if i do).....but my knees don't buckle in either.

also my bull****ter of a mate claims he squatted 120kg for 5x10 3rd time squatting and 5th time training legs lol. his like 85kg bw

You still struggling with that pain near your inner thighs? I think my pain has gone although I'm not squatting ATG anymore because I'm being a bit cautious with it.
Original post by HilariousNinja
You still struggling with that pain near your inner thighs? I think my pain has gone although I'm not squatting ATG anymore because I'm being a bit cautious with it.

pains gone, as i stopped overly-forcing my knees out, still squat low tho.....pain was due to external rotation i think, so when i forced/external rotated my leg it would fuk me up.

edit: pain was outer thigh.....just under my hips
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Gallium

Hmm, depends how wide you squat. I brought my stance in a little today and it feels a lot better to be honest. I think I was doing it a bit too wide before (here and there) due to watching too much Westside videos. For a raw lifter, you don't want too much. Read/watched some Ed Coan stuff and he really emphasises it.

I mean, I push my knees out but I'm not focusing so much on doing so. It comes a bit more naturally now. If they don't buckle in then it's not an issue really. I don't think you need to force them out a huge amount if they're staying in line with everything. May be wrong, I'm no expert on these kinds of things.
Reply 8107
Reply 8108
Whoever's been doing the Imperial memes - gets both memes and Imperial. They're hilarious and usually appropriate. Probably because Imperial is full of people that are on the internet all the time, bathing in memes.
man I soooo can't wait for carbs

carb up tonight and tomorrow, need to get at least `1250g down my neck though lol
What is the point in this olympic style press? If you're gonna catapult the weight off your chest with your hips then you might as well use your legs too.
Original post by Gallium

he probably did, we all used to think we did..

but its just a quarter eighth squat!
This is the only Uni meme I've actually laughed at, and it's not really a meme as such I don't think.

Original post by commandant
man I soooo can't wait for carbs

carb up tonight and tomorrow, need to get at least `1250g down my neck though lol

no carbs for me since breakfast yesterday, holding out till weigh in on sunday, then gorge
Reply 8115
This one is pretty good for Imperial.

Original post by SMed
Whoever's been doing the Imperial memes - gets both memes and Imperial. They're hilarious and usually appropriate. Probably because Imperial is full of people that are on the internet all the time, bathing in memes.

Yes. I see way too many which completely don't fit the meme.
This one made me lol:

Not sure if moved to an Asian university or just attend LSE.

Latest