The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would still definitely **** MIA repeatedly.
Original post by Oh I Really Don't Care
Yeah I used to think like that too with the "squats oats gallon of milk" attitude.

I seriously cleaned the foods I consume though, and my diet is; lean meat, fish, brown risce, oats (no milk, no bread), sweet potatoes and shakes.

I'm happy with the results, I would look into sorting your diet out. Once you know what you're doing it's simply like your old routine of eating, just the difference this time is you don't eat sh.it.

i eat really clean too, but when i get fed up and bored i eat crap for a few days get it out of my system then jump back on my diet.

like today i ate like 7 eggs, oats, footlong subway, 2 salmon fillets and pizza.......pretty **** but it fits my macros so tis all good.
Reply 8302
Her video will probably further confuse Americans about the difference between SE Asians and Arabs. They tend to think they're all the same.
Original post by cowsforsale
My cafetiere smashed today, only had it for about a month :frown:!

Is there any difference between the cheap unbranded ones compared to the sexy Bodum presses? I'm always desperate for my coffee fix during work :frown:

get this its amazing

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aerobie-AeroPress-80R08-Coffee-Maker/dp/B000GXZ2GS
Never heard of her. Apparently one of Time's most influential people in the 21st Century.

The ****?
Reply 8305
Original post by Michael XYZ
Never heard of her. Apparently one of Time's most influential people in the 21st Century.

The ****?

MIA? She did that Paper Planes song that Slumdog Millionaire and Pineapple Express used.
Original post by Smack
Hi,

I'm also considering the new Adipowers because, well, I fancy treating myself. I see that you like them. :wink:

Just a quick question: how high is the actual heel? By that I mean how big is the difference between the bottom of the toe and the top of the heel rather than just high high the top of the heel is from the floor. Thanks.

Get 'em! Worth it.

How would I best go about measuring the height/differential? As a general note, the heel definitely feels higher than on my old Adistars. It's possible that Adidas have gone for size-relative heel elevation this time.
Original post by Gallium
guess us 3 are in clsoe competition along with fireph :wink:, i'm still rpetty slim at my current weight even tho i gained 20kg in 6 months or so i' m quite lean...got long limbs and stuff typical ecto.

55kg press aint bad dude i done 60kg for 5 sets of 3 the other day... i want to hit bodyweight for 1 rep soonish.

@mh surley you squat like 115 for sets of 5?

Another similar lift ~75-80kg guy with:

Bench: 1RM 85kg
Squats: 5x5 82.5kg (not my limit, just where I am at the moment on 5x5, was squatting in a smith machine previously due to a crappy gym - never done a 1RM)
Deadlifts: 1RM 185kg
Press: 1RM 57.5kg
Reply 8308
Ah cool, we can embed vimeo videos now as well as youtube. Vimeo > Youtube
Original post by Mr. Fox
Get 'em! Worth it.

How would I best go about measuring the height/differential? As a general note, the heel definitely feels higher than on my old Adistars. It's possible that Adidas have gone for size-relative heel elevation this time.

I am definitely considering it.

Regarding the heel height, having more closely looked at the shoe itself it seems that it might be very difficult to actually measure the heel compared to standard wooden heel designs.

Some have said that it's 3/4", would this sound right to you?
Reply 8310
If you want to get access to US content streaming stuff, but it's limited to US based connections, use the Chrome add-on 'Stealthy'. You can now stream stuff from US sites that block it from the UK. It's free too. Win.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=chrome%20stealthy&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDUQFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fchrome.google.com%2Fwebstore%2Fdetail%2Fieaebnkibonmpbhdaanjkmedikadnoje&ei=XS8-T4G0O4K_0QW15KWsDw&usg=AFQjCNF0ARAfB3_7WviS8OcLfv2k0UFTzw
And Gallium. And "Oh i really don't care"...

Up for a race to 100kg bench?:cool:

Any attempt at 100 will have to be filmed to be fair.
I remember when i first started posting in fitness a bunch of tohers were doing this when i had a 40kg bench and i thought i would never get here But we all have a bench 1RM of 85-90kg and at similiar bodyweight...

Pete can join in as well to try and get 100kg bench but you weigh 15kg more so we all feel inferior...

Also, where i ripped my knee open in a bivycle crash the other day means i can't squat . :colone:
I literally can't go ATG without ripping this giant scabby knee wound open. Should still be in for deads/bench today though...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SMed
If you want to get access to US content streaming stuff, but it's limited to US based connections, use the Chrome add-on 'Stealthy'. You can now stream stuff from US sites that block it from the UK. It's free too. Win.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=chrome%20stealthy&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDUQFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fchrome.google.com%2Fwebstore%2Fdetail%2Fieaebnkibonmpbhdaanjkmedikadnoje&ei=XS8-T4G0O4K_0QW15KWsDw&usg=AFQjCNF0ARAfB3_7WviS8OcLfv2k0UFTzw

That's annoying because Chrome is inferior to Firefox, but free access to abc and hulu sounds pretty sweet.

Looks good but seems a bit expensive. Especially with the need for replacement filters. I'll probably go for a double-walled ss cafetiere or one of these
Reply 8313
That's annoying because Chrome is inferior to Firefox, but free access to abc and hulu sounds pretty sweet.

^^^^^
CLICKY
Original post by MHorman
And Gallium. And "Oh i really don't care"...

Up for a race to 100kg bench?:cool:

Any attempt at 100 will have to be filmed to be fair.
I remember when i first started posting in fitness a bunch of tohers were doing this when i had a 40kg bench and i thought i would never get here But we all have a bench 1RM of 85-90kg and at similiar bodyweight...

Pete can join in as well to try and get 100kg bench but you weigh 15kg more so we all feel inferior...

Also, where i ripped my knee open in a bivycle crash the other day means i can't squat . :colone:
I literally can't go ATG without ripping this giant scabby knee wound open. Should still be in for deads/bench today though...

It's depressing to think I could probably actually have 100kg relatively soon if I didn't have 50000lbs more fat to lose. :frown:

At the moment it feels like a million miles away, and if anything lifts have gone the wrong direction :/
**** OUT THE WAY!

Had ICAP interview today. Don't give a **** how I do but it's practice so whatever. Interview was poor, 5 minutes and only looked at CV and pretty much read what I did.

Fuark, so happy to have BarCap. They really care - Hilton Hotel, rented out so many rooms - must have spent a lot. Plus a lot of food and drinks.
That's annoying because Chrome is inferior to Firefox,

Original post by SMed

Cheers for that bro, always wondered if there was a way to get around it!

Looks good but seems a bit expensive. Especially with the need for replacement filters. I'll probably go for a double-walled ss cafetiere or one of these

not really since it comes with over 300 filters, and they are a few pound to buy. Anyway just a recommendation, fastest and best tasting coffee I've brewed at home. 10 secs and its done
Back from another ban.

Latest