The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I ****ing hate these questions. Any suggestions?

What differentiates Deutsche Bank from our competitors?
Original post by Gallium
my bench technique is fine only benching like 70kg for 3's ;( i think i could hit a double body weight squat.... only like 145 for me....with a belt i'd defo get it, even though I've never used a belt i'd imagine it add more to my squat then the average joe as my core is ridiculously weak. 200kg by my day is one of my goals (in june btw)

I'm blaming your lack of blog updating for my lack of current number knowledge. I'm no u4m1r.

Also, i can squat the same as my brother for reps and he hit 150 in a comp the other day so i could maybe get close.

I need to work on my core.
Anyone got any good quick core workouts i can do quickly at the end of a workout alongside chins/curls? Some type of planks?
Reply 8342
Original post by The Question

Find what they say is their niche on their website. Something will be there. Then expand using your own knowledge.
Original post by The Question

I think I had to answer that same question when I applied.

Meh, they know it's bull****. I mentioned some of the stuff they're good at it and how they're maybe different (they're not really) and then I also mentioned social responsibility side. I know they are linked with a charity that helps disadvantaged students. I said that's really important etc.

I dunno, either they don't care about that or they love people talking about how they're so nice and that fluffy stuff. Meh.
guys is underhand pull ups sufficient to counter balance heavy overheads? got a niggle in my shoulder, been neglecting pulls/rows lately and when i do pull ups there usually underhand as it's easy on my shoulders.
Speaking of bench, seems to be the hardest lift to progress for me, despite my OHP coming along nicely. Frustrating as hell. Also have a new found love for power clean and jerk - ****ing satisfying.
(edited 12 years ago)
I don't think the overhead needs balancing since it recruits a lot of back muscle to balance and support the weight.
When going deep on squats, does anyone ever think "Oh **** i wont be able to get back up!" for a brief moment? I'm kinda starting to **** myself everytime i go down even though im nowhere near my capacity
Reply 8349
Original post by desijut
When going deep on squats, does anyone ever think "Oh **** i wont be able to get back up!" for a brief moment? I'm kinda starting to **** myself everytime i go down even though im nowhere near my capacity

Not really, I try to have a little bit of bounce at the bottom. I've never lost a squat in the hole, it's always about half way up when I just fold over or something.
Original post by Gallium
my bench technique is fine only benching like 70kg for 3's ;(

i think i could hit a double body weight squat.... only like 145 for me....with a belt i'd defo get it, even though I've never used a belt i'd imagine it add more to my squat then the average joe as my core is ridiculously weak. 200kg by my day is one of my goals (in june btw)

A 200kg squat by June? And you haven't squatted 145 yet? Way too ambitious unless you want to put some serious weight on, I reckon.
Original post by RawJoh1
A 200kg squat by June? And you haven't squatted 145 yet? Way too ambitious unless you want to put some serious weight on, I reckon.

that was meant to read 200kg deadlift! i'm deadlifting in the region of 160 for 4-5 reps.....hopefully 5 next week.....never really tried a max, with a belt i reckon i'd get a good boost as my core is weak as even though I've always worked without a belt.

also I've got bigger/leaner even while eating a significant surplus in the last month (gained 1lb on the scale)
Original post by SMed
Not really, I try to have a little bit of bounce at the bottom. I've never lost a squat in the hole, it's always about half way up when I just fold over or something.

same here but as i'm going down i think **** im stuck, but the biggest struggle is defo halfway up but for some reason at that point i know i will make it
Deciding to squat barefoot the rest of the year, I really enjoyed having no footwear.
Original post by Oh I Really Don't Care
Deciding to squat barefoot the rest of the year, I really enjoyed having no footwear.

I started squatting and deadlifting barefoot recently. Never looked back.
Ever forget to clean your shaker for a few days? FML.
Reply 8356
Got kicked off sub again. ffs
Reply 8357
Original post by paddy__power
Ever forget to clean your shaker for a few days? FML.

Yeah, not fun especially if mixed with chocolate milk. I've got a sealed thermos with remnants of coffee from like 3 weeks ago. Not looking forward to opening that. lol
Original post by Jtking3000
I started squatting and deadlifting barefoot recently. Never looked back.

Agree. I deadlift barefoot, haven't tried squat barefoot tho.
Reply 8359
Exams from Tuesday. I couldn't give less of a ****.

Latest