The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fridgefreezergirl
phil heath won it, well deserved imo clearly the winner.

in other news, burningnun decided to ring me at 2:30 am, my phone was on loud with this ringtone, SHE AINT HAPPY NUN lol. watch your back bro!!

Sorry dude, as I remember it you sent me a message and I only noticed it at 2am.

The fact that you are my drunk 2:30 phone call may suggest that I need to find a girl to take to see Dirty Dancing pmsl. Never seen that **** myself.
Original post by burningnun
Sorry dude, as I remember it you sent me a message and I only noticed it at 2am.

The fact that you are my drunk 2:30 phone call may suggest that I need to find a girl to take to see Dirty Dancing pmsl. Never seen that **** myself.

lol no worries dude I was quite happy to talk to you lol though that wouldn't have gone down well

plenty of girls round your area!! offer to take one to dirty dancing and done deal :cool:
100 million+ views and apparently isn't classy. pfffft bullshiz

Reply 823
furak, i got down to 10%bf whilst on holiday but I've now lost some muscle mass. Now it's cold as fck, I'm going on a long bulk. 3250cals a day till I stop gaining and then a bump up.

be interesting to see how much my strength goes up, may start going heavier with lower reps for a bit and see what happens.
Gonna need more than 3250 kcal brah, unless you're like 60 kg's
Reply 825
Original post by CB5
furak, i got down to 10%bf whilst on holiday but I've now lost some muscle mass. Now it's cold as fck, I'm going on a long bulk. 3250cals a day till I stop gaining and then a bump up.

be interesting to see how much my strength goes up, may start going heavier with lower reps for a bit and see what happens.

i lost 6kg and managed to gain fat :/ feelsbadman, i'm finding it hard to get back to the gym

Original post by MrBenchPress

it's enough for anyone up to around 70-75kg
Reply 826
Original post by MrBenchPress

Naaa theres no point in adding too many cals to a maintanence or you'll just gain far too much fat. Bump it up slowly every month or so and its a lean bulk. So till the lbs stop going up, that's what I will be bulking on. And I'm only 5'10 and extreme ecto with a tiny frame.
Original post by CB5
Naaa theres no point in adding too many cals to a maintanence or you'll just gain far too much fat. Bump it up slowly every month or so and its a lean bulk. So till the lbs stop going up, that's what I will be bulking on. And I'm only 5'10 and extreme ecto with a tiny frame.

I agree

I think it's far better to lean bulk and not put much fat on. Afterall, if you put the fat on, it has to come off. I don't think there is a need to eat a house worth of food when a lot of what's going on is purely fat which will need to go.

Make sure you eat enough protein, adjust carbs for energy levels and get a lot of fats in.

Lean bulking way forward imo, and a lot of bodybuilders now follow that route instead of the stupidly big bulk and cut.

edit here is a nice little quote from a lad on another forum:

Yes the leaner you can stay the better.
Fat is a body organ and really messes things up.
A man should be lean mean and energetic.
You can get very big staying very lean but I suppose some will argue its best to bulk up at some stage.
Well sure if your goal is to become a massive man on stage but if your goal is to get big strong and look good then bulking up the body fat is never needed.

Stay lean and gain strength (using an appropriate muscle gaining system I am not talking about 1-3 reps). Once the gains stop then add in natural and unnatural things that keep progress going. One day you will max out but that is a day you should cherish and smile as you realize what you have done. Keeping on pushing against your bodies wishes will result in more gains but health problems will also follow.
(edited 12 years ago)
cheeky picture in the lift lol. granted lighting make look 90% better

edit: also mil press is going up nicely, still not great at all but it's improving. 62.5 for easy 3 sets of 6. 3 sets of 8 in a few days
(edited 12 years ago)
One too many Zyzz videos. ^
Original post by Michael XYZ
One too many Zyzz videos. ^

haven't watched any zyzz videos bro, only knew who he was when he died lol
Lean bulks are all well and good, but so is Dominos two for tuesday and £11.99 for a large pizza deals.

Doesn't help my gym is next to a McDonalds either - McMuffin me up man!!!
IIFYM ^. :wink:
Original post by Michael XYZ
IIFYM ^. :wink:

Mine are really specific

Protien - Lots
Carbs - Lots
Fat - Lots

I have found there is a linier relationship with the tasteyness of food and my hapiness.
Reply 834
I love being on a bulk coz I don't care TOO much for fat gains, I just eat a lot.

Mcdonalds is McChicken sandwhich meal with two extra McChicken sandwhiches, I love them.
McGay sandwich more like

try the mini fillet KFC mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Reply 836
i'm finding it diffcult to consume all the cals i need, due to waking up at silly hours of 1pm and such :/, dang freshers
Original post by Gallium
i'm finding it diffcult to consume all the cals i need, due to waking up at silly hours of 1pm and such :/, dang freshers

Alarm clock + motivation + regular sleeping patter = better meals = better output = better results
Reply 838
Original post by fridgefreezergirl
McGay sandwich more like

try the mini fillet KFC mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lol its the choice of food when at mcdonalds. KFC is 5 crispy strips, a mini fillet and one of those cheesy bbq wraps (because they're gorgeous).
Mcdonalds in a 2min cycle up the road from the office so I go there for a friday lunchtime treat.