Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Muscle Building Society For Men V6!

Announcements Posted on
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gallium)
    i did a little bit of parkour when i was younger....plus if i wasn't out of it i would have landed fine. ideally would have done this: 5x3 squat 1x10 squat 3x5/6 ohp 1x10 ohp 3 sets cgbp 5-8 sets of rows(any variation) DIPS/CURLS GHRS 3 sets. my hammies are quite weak and read something from jim wendler saying...that you can't get strong hammies from just fixing your squat form if you have a imbalance.
    STill. That's like polevault record height to fall from and they fall onto giant mats.... Unless you have made parkour skills.
    That's like higher than a second storey window...

Also, What weight was the squatting/OHP'ing at? Have you starting posting in your blog again yet?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    STill. That's like polevault record height to fall from and they fall onto giant mats.... Unless you have made parkour skills.
    That's like higher than a second storey window...

Also, What weight was the squatting/OHP'ing at? Have you starting posting in your blog again yet?

bridge is 6 meters i hanged at the bottom and jumped so probs like 5 foot never the less still dangerous lol.

umm squats did like 120 the bar was supposed to be 25kg thats what i was told(trained at a different gym today) ohp i failed hard on ;(, did 55 was going for 5x5 and got like 4,4,3,3,3

i got exams all next week so week off i reckon if not i'm go gym do bare minimum and leave...will start updating blog soon!.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I don't always eat 1000 calories in 10 minutes. But when I do, I make sure it's M&M chocolate peanuts.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

Finally got a video up...from a few weeks back. just noticed the back rounding.... i usually don't try get extra reps was stupid but yeah....**** happens.

got it to the knees should have been locked out ;(

any critique will be appreciated.... must cut mop lol
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:

Finally got a video up...from a few weeks back. just noticed the back rounding.... i usually don't try get extra reps was stupid but yeah....**** happens.

got it to the knees should have been locked out ;(

any critique will be appreciated.... must cut mop lol
    Your hair was very distracting on the negatives
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get your hips lower and chest up...then drive through more with legs and hips.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McHumpy92)
    Get your hips lower and chest up...then drive through more with legs and hips.
    thats what i used to do and then someone was like "your deadlifts like a squat" get the slack out the bar and pull from there etc etc.

will do what you said and try get a recording, as my forms usually decent.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB5)
    Miscers really are quite delusional, annoying and idiotic at times. At others they are funny as fck, just a bit of an imbalance at times!
    Lool @ the misc trying to create a secret society- 30 page thread in a night, full of serious ideas.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gallium your form is very good - much better than I expected - and I agree you don't squat up a deadlift, it's a pull. I think that your back is slightly weak. Also, have you tried a narrower stance?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    bridge is 6 meters i hanged at the bottom and jumped so probs like 5 foot never the less still dangerous lol.

umm squats did like 120 the bar was supposed to be 25kg thats what i was told(trained at a different gym today) ohp i failed hard on ;(, did 55 was going for 5x5 and got like 4,4,3,3,3

i got exams all next week so week off i reckon if not i'm go gym do bare minimum and leave...will start updating blog soon!.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    first time squatting heavy for a long while

did 140 for a few sets of 3, and 150 for 1 - all pretty easy, deep and without belt something to build on now
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Gallium your form is very good - much better than I expected - and I agree you don't squat up a deadlift, it's a pull. I think that your back is slightly weak. Also, have you tried a narrower stance?

i have pretty bad anterior pelvic tilt.....that may be the cause , i used to deadlfit a little bit more narrow then i do now, but by the recommendation of matt i did that 'jump in the air and where you land you should pull from' thing....also that video was the first time i consciously tried getting my shoulders over the bar as much as possible, also i have weak hamstrings i know that for sure....been lazy with hitting them directly with ghrs and stuff....gonna religiously do them and reverse hypers.

edit: smack! the problem is weak core for sure....just realized it my lower back may be strong but core weakness puts my back in a vulnerable position. anyone feel free to recommend me a 'core' workout.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thats what i used to do and then someone was like "your deadlifts like a squat" get the slack out the bar and pull from there etc etc.

will do what you said and try get a recording, as my forms usually decent.
    Yeah admittedly I do it more like Olympic lifters due to getting more glute activation and hip drive to help with powercleans and sprinting.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    nice bit of trivia

the powerlifting comp pete and I were at last weekend, there was a guy doing the bench only. Can't remember his name. Anyway, I said to my mate 'he's strong bla bla ' - my mate told me that he used to be a big taekwondo fighter , in the olympics. Back when Chuck Norris used to compete in martial arts (before his acting career), this guy who was benching was one of only about 5 men who beat him.

That's something awesome to say, 'I beat chuck norris in a fight'
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong with rounding back during deadlifts? I've been doing mine roundback for ages, including lighter attempts, and I get less doms and soreness and generally they feel very good.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yes. There's an old-school deadlifter who got 700-800lbs raw and he said he found it a lot better and safer to use a very rounded back.

I don't know if he got lucky with no injuries but still.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    How come both Magnusson and Koklyaev start the deadlift with thier hips low if it's not good form?
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Question)
    How come both Magnusson and Koklyaev start the deadlift with thier hips low if it's not good form?
    Koklyaev is a weightlifter and Benni does not start with his hips low.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's all up to what you feel is better.

Slowly you'll get into a groove. Some start very low, others don't. Either way, they pull huge numbers so as you can see, both types can work.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Having to get a first in Law to stand a decent chance of a training contract = all work and no play Mirin?

On a first so far in second year, but only have time for gym and nothing else.

I am finding the free movement of goods topic in EU law dry as hell and that is making it difficult to command a strong understanding of the area, i want to form an opinion but i am just not engaged in the material. I seem to remember Commandant here referring to it as the joint worst module in the course alongside equity. Care to share any words of wisdom from your hindsight?
Updated: March 28, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.