The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh my what dicks they are on bb.com.
I personally think this is a good example of a good deadlift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y0W7XeuJ_4

With Magnusson you can clearly see his chest is up on his deadlift WR video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4jO21-a2W0

He doesn't get his hips so low when going for reps because he does T n G reps which don't require the initial drive.
As Matt has told you Gallium have feet as you land when you jump, they're too wide in that vid for what you jump. Just have them in the normal standing position. Then get hips lower and chest up more and then initially get a good drive with your legs rather than just start pulling with your back.

You're getting your hips high because your legs are too wide.
Original post by McHumpy92

With Magnusson you can clearly see his chest is up on his deadlift WR video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4jO21-a2W0

He doesn't get his hips so low when going for reps because he does T n G reps which don't require the initial drive.

WTF he brought that back down so slowly at WR weight!!
Original post by desijut
WTF he brought that back down so slowly at WR weight!!

He's a big believer in the eccentric phase.
^

But still, on a WR attempt that must kill
To be fair, deadlifting without the eccentric phase just seems absolutely pointless to me (mind you i'm a weak fag) . There was this guy in the gym who dropped the barbell after every single ****ing rep, wanted to smash his nut in.

Galium, if I could I would have negged you over on bb.com too (don't have an account).
Original post by cowsforsale
To be fair, deadlifting without the eccentric phase just seems absolutely pointless to me

Why? I pretty much never control the drop.

Obviously at light weights I don't just let it crash down but I don't go slowly either.
4 plate deads today.

Feelsgoodman.
Original post by cowsforsale
To be fair, deadlifting without the eccentric phase just seems absolutely pointless to me (mind you i'm a weak fag).

lol how about no?

Me in heavy singles;

I lead down though. Finished the set like a champion also. Phaggots walk away.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8450
subbed. again.
Original post by Arturo Bandini

Obviously at light weights I don't just let it crash down but I don't go slowly either.

Heh, same.

**** it, even at lower weights. I somewhat control it as in I don't just let go but I still make a lot of noise. It's a deadlift.
Original post by Powerlifter
I didn't say either, you asked where they should be giving the options of in front or behind and I said "Over the bar" they should be where you are pulling to i.e directly above the bar.

They didn't look to bad anyway - the BB.com fags are just that!!!

okie, plus i noticed the initial pull is easier the way i done the deadlifts in the video, usually i have issues moving the weight off the floor. probs revert back to deadlifting with slightly lower hips and a slightly more natural shoulder position.

going to your gym and not using any of the 'extras' i'm frikkin stupid need to show the ghr some love.

@michael the gyms hugee!! it would be a bother going over to the other room constantly asking for a form check or spot.

come home after lots of lectures and exam ain't eaten in 5 hours so necking down a 8 egg omlette!
Original post by Arturo Bandini

Oh sorry, I didn't mean control it like a bodybuilder. Just don't let go off the barbell from the top like you say which they guy at the gym I use was doing. Repping + Dropping 70kg like a boss-- ****ing crossfitters.

Original post by McHumpy92
I personally think this is a good example of a good deadlift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y0W7XeuJ_4

Mark Clegg's deadlift form always looks so picturesque. Brings a tear to my eye.
(edited 12 years ago)
BNP Paribas internship offer!

:biggrin:
Original post by Michael XYZ

is this spring week or an actually 2nd yr intern

gratz btw, now go to misc and brag! lol
Original post by Gallium
is this spring week or an actually 2nd yr intern

gratz btw, now go to misc and brag! lol

Spring Week.

when i first read that, i was confused as to why you would want an internship at the British national party, then saw the "Paribas" bit and it made more sense. Grats
Original post by Monkey_Pete
when i first read that, i was confused as to why you would want an internship at the British national party, then saw the "Paribas" bit and it made more sense. Grats

Lol, yes.

I called my dad and told him I got an internship with BNP Paribas. He was like "Isn't that the racist thing?".
Lol, yes.

I called my dad and told him I got an internship with BNP Paribas. He was like "Isn't that the racist thing?".

get swole by spring and pull dem bishes at the office!

Michael as your programming is heavy focused on assistance how do you find it? does assistance actually help alot.....i don't even really do pullups or rows properlyanymore due to laziness. i spend so long in the gym just doing my main 3 movements ;(

also was watching one of matt krocs interviews and he was like at lighter loads you can get away with doing more as the main lifts don't really pound you as hard as an experienced lifter.

i'm so tempted to do 5/3/1 but i know i got alot more easy progression to under-go till then.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest