The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9020
It's only natural to use a bit of leg movement in a row. But the aim is to keep it to minimum. Even with pendlay rows my legs move a tiny bit. But I think that is due to my hamstrings being tight and not being able to get into a good enough position.
Toes out for squats, I go pretty wide so my feet naturally go outwards.
Alright I'm gonna go balls deep! I'll go an inch at a time so it'll take about 10 seconds.
Do you not feel a lot of strain on your knees? Sounds like you're playing a risky game with your menisci.

Original post by TheGrandmaster
Toes out for squats, I go pretty wide so my feet naturally go outwards.

Slightly pissed off. Taking tomorrow off work as Dell said my laptop would be delivered tomorrow [would rather be in the house to sign for it as opposed to leaving it with my dodgy neighbours].

Now it's been updated and they say it won't arrive until the day after! Waste of a day of annual leave :sigh:
Original post by u4m1r
Around what bodyfat% will my jawline start becoming more prominent?

lol, cutting for jawline!, what bf are you atm?
Original post by redbuthotter
I've squatted toes out for 3 years, 10,000 reps or so and am still pretty on the ball :P

my physio advocates to not squat with your toes out, he was also going on about how your body will start to mimic the movement in other situations if you keep doing it e.g walking and stuff.
What do people think about the Summer transformation contest?
Original post by cowsforsale
Do you not feel a lot of strain on your knees? Sounds like you're playing a risky game with your menisci.

Never felt any, what's a menisci? .

EDIT: my squat looks like -->http://videos.bodybuilding.com/watch/32711/wide-stance-barbell-squat
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9029
Original post by Gallium
lol, cutting for jawline!, what bf are you atm?

About 13% down from like 20%
U4m1r has won the contest, I'm just playing for second place (not really).
Awesome dad is awesome - drove 10-15 mins to give me the protein I bought. Aww.
**** your physio lol :P

wide stance considering his short height/legs and toes out. Depends on the person I think if you can do it toes in, great, if not don't force it - that'll end badly. Lots of people myself included manage to squat week in week out no problem.

Original post by Gallium
my physio advocates to not squat with your toes out, he was also going on about how your body will start to mimic the movement in other situations if you keep doing it e.g walking and stuff.
Original post by redbuthotter
**** your physio lol :P

wide stance considering his short height/legs and toes out. Depends on the person I think if you can do it toes in, great, if not don't force it - that'll end badly. Lots of people myself included manage to squat week in week out no problem.

i squat toes out too :wink:, but physio works for england ruby team.....so must have some decent knowledge i guess.

guys been tracking my calories and noticed i seem to get a lack of carbs.

atm i over-do the protein, shall i just eat pop-tarts and toast before i go bed to hit 400g of carbs?
haha fair play. The chinese say **** science, if it helps your athlete perform well even if its mental, then go for it!

Original post by Gallium
i squat toes out too :wink:, but physio works for england ruby team.....so must have some decent knowledge i guess.

guys been tracking my calories and noticed i seem to get a lack of carbs.

atm i over-do the protein, shall i just eat pop-tarts and toast before i go bed to hit 400g of carbs?
Why would anyone want to squat with their toes pointed forward? :confused:
Original post by Smack
Why would anyone want to squat with their toes pointed forward? :confused:

This?

Is such a thing even possible? You can debate whether it should be 12.4 degrees or 28.7 degrees but they're gonna be out a bit.
Instead of getting the usual 8,5,2 at wide grip pull ups i decided to go for 3*5 today.

Got 5,5,5,5,4,2. Crazy amount of volume imo. Think that's 25 reps in less sets than when i used to try doing it for close crip chins which i used to be a lot better at...
I'm gonna give weighted chin-ups a go. I always felt it was pointless unless you could do quite a lot of reps because you'd only get like 2-3 reps which is dumb but I think now there is some use to it.
What is it about konstantinovs' structure that makes him a great deadlifter? At the top the bar is almost at his hips.

Latest