The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by fridgefreezergirl
I'm bloody cooking for them lol, yesterday night I had to cook for a different friend lol

thankfully they haven't stayed over yet lol

Marks & Spencer dine in two for £10 is what I used to do for my bird. Throw in oven for an hour, hide all packaging, pretend I cooked it myself, bish mirin' even though it took no skill then use the bottle of wine you get to loosen up and get down to business after dinner :biggrin:.

In your case I would have gotten an extra bottle of wine and got her mate involved as well :wink:.
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm bloody cooking for them lol, yesterday night I had to cook for a different friend lol

Surely if your girlfriend's friend is staying over then that's an ideal to try and engineer a ménage a trios?
My new gym has a trap bar, has anyone used one before? I've always read good things about them, even some trainers like DeFranco saying he would prefer them over deadlift or squat if he could only pick one. I'm going to use it while I run WS4SB since it's actually part of the programme and see how it goes.

Also, is there any routine related to push presses. I've hit 85 kilos recently and would like to push for 100 in 6 months.
in flat with girlfriend and her friend.

my god girls bitch and gossip like there's no tomorrow

bored.com

if you get bored with that i am going to go watch "30 minutes or less" in an hour if you want to join me
Original post by FluxD
Marks & Spencer dine in two for £10 is what I used to do for my bird. Throw in oven for an hour, hide all packaging, pretend I cooked it myself, bish mirin' even though it took no skill then use the bottle of wine you get to loosen up and get down to business after dinner :biggrin:.

In your case I would have gotten an extra bottle of wine and got her mate involved as well :wink:.

I have looked in the marks and spencer here and never managed to find that deal :/ my boss always raves about it lol.

to be fair I don't mind cooking lol, I only throw something in the slow cooker for the day anyway so hardly a lot of work.. very tasty too..

haha. the girl is gorgeous I won't post a picture though. doubt my girlfriend would be up for that lol
Original post by Smack
Surely if your girlfriend's friend is staying over then that's an ideal to try and engineer a ménage a trios?

not staying over my friend lol. plus as above I don't think it would go down well lol

Original post by Monkey_Pete
if you get bored with that i am going to go watch "30 minutes or less" in an hour if you want to join me

I would pal but I'm going to be very gay and say tuesday night is my fav tv night lol. british bake off then don't tell the bride BOOOOOM i'm gay :frown:
Original post by Break To Build
My new gym has a trap bar, has anyone used one before? I've always read good things about them, even some trainers like DeFranco saying he would prefer them over deadlift or squat if he could only pick one. I'm going to use it while I run WS4SB since it's actually part of the programme and see how it goes.

Also, is there any routine related to push presses. I've hit 85 kilos recently and would like to push for 100 in 6 months.

Here's a little shoulder routine I saved from a strongman another forum:

Martin Jones
Here's my solution. And believe me it works.

For your shoulder/press day do the following,

1-Standing strict press - really explosive from the chest each rep, with a pause. Try 5 working sets with 1-3 reps max

2-Push press - Again really explosive and try not to power jerk and no split jerk. Same reps and sets.

3-Lock outs - in the power cage set the pins to a forehead height and press, 2 seconds hold on lock out, again really explosive, same sets and reps. Each week adjust the pins up one hole, even when the lock is small it is working.

4-Close grip bench - you know what to do on this.

5-Skulls - use this for volumn

The above after a complete 4-6 weeks will have you pressing a lot more.

With your log, just save that for the weekends when you do events. As long as you have about three days rest from the press rountine you should be good to lift heavy. With all the explosive/speed work the log will increase.

After you have done this for the 6 weeks, you will need to work more on your shoulder strength. Another various is to,

1- replace for seated press from the pins, making sure they are about chest height, very explosive from the chest.

2- replace with seated dumbells, make sure the dumbells are from the shoulders, touching the shoulders that is. Try volumn for this

And then as the rest above.

I have used this for a few years to get my strict press to 140kg, and push press to 160kg. My log is also 160kg and I consider myself as a weak presser, being as I have very long arms.

Hope this helps mate.

What's on the menu? Chicken Breast, olive oil, peanut butter? Whey flapjacks? :smile:

Also, that is pretty gay tv, but then again i'm gonna have the hairy bikers on so who am i to judge.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by cowsforsale
What's on the menu? Chicken Breast, olive oil, peanut butter? Whey flapjacks? :smile:

Beef brisket, roasties and veg mmmmmmmmmmm

I would pal but I'm going to be very gay and say tuesday night is my fav tv night lol. british bake off then don't tell the bride BOOOOOM i'm gay :frown:

that is what the internet and iplayer is for :colone:
Original post by cowsforsale

i made whey flapjacks once. I did just add Whey to a normal flapjack recipe, shockingly it didnt turn out good, infact they were awful, which is a shame because i love flapjack
Beef brisket, roasties and veg mmmmmmmmmmm

Slow cooker for the fukking win :coma:

Monkey_Pete

I made some too. they weren't really flapjacks per se because they weren't cooked but didn't taste half bad (owing to the fact that i added **** loads of honey and pb :coma:)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by redbuthotter
I know I'm being retarded here, I got some wrists wraps today and have no idea hw to use em... (zues strength shop ones), can anyone enlighten me?

I brought the same ones. Thumb through the loop, and wrap them tight as comfortable around the wrist joint.
Reply 972
Been suffering with shin splints for the past 3-4 weeks (not much football to a lot in short space of time). To squat or not to squat? Thoughts?

Currently playing 4 times a week, 2 90 min 11 a side games and 2 5/6 a sides (40-60mins). I'm going to scale that down for a week or two, and just wondering if it may be worth holding back on squats and deads for a couple of weeks. To be honest, I can't remember when I last had a week off either.

In before 'man the f*ck up and skwat'. I want to squat and may do tomorrow, unless the overriding opinion is to hold back!
Original post by AdaD
Been suffering with shin splints for the past 3-4 weeks (not much football to a lot in short space of time). To squat or not to squat? Thoughts?

Currently playing 4 times a week, 2 90 min 11 a side games and 2 5/6 a sides (40-60mins). I'm going to scale that down for a week or two, and just wondering if it may be worth holding back on squats and deads for a couple of weeks. To be honest, I can't remember when I last had a week off either.

In before 'man the f*ck up and skwat'. I want to squat and may do tomorrow, unless the overriding opinion is to hold back!

Okay, since you posted it twice I'll offer my opinion.

my opinion is that squatting is unlikely to make shin splints any worse so if you can bare the pain, then doing them won't do any actual harm. I'm not sure if it would even hurt to squat tbh, you should be pushing from your heels anyway.
Original post by AdaD

What I've found with shin splints before and has been confirmed by physios is that it's an issue with tight calf muscles/muscles in the lower leg. I don't think squatting would do any harm but doing some intensive stretching might well help.
Reply 975
Shin splints are from impact stress, don't see why squatting would make it any worse.
Reply 976
Original post by Break To Build
What I've found with shin splints before and has been confirmed by physios is that it's an issue with tight calf muscles/muscles in the lower leg. I don't think squatting would do any harm but doing some intensive stretching might well help.

Yeah, I've read this.

Strange because I've never experienced it before (or not to this extent, if I have) even though I've played football since the age of 5!

Will try to be disciplined and stretch! I must admit to neglecting my calves though; in the past year I'd say that I've worked my calves no more than 20% of the time I've worked legs. Need to do more, for sure.
All muscle gains are reversable right?

If I were to start lifting now. Then at some point stop lifting, do lots of endurance training and run a calorie deificit I'd end up losing all my gained muscle right?
Reply 978
Yes if you starved yourself, but why the hell would you want to?
what a crap username lol warwickorbristol

Latest