The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alex_tait
When do you think this Naruto filler will end?

Which one?
I watched an episode like 4 weeks ago and it was them just sailing and fighting some random fish.
gym soon. haven't been in a week :|
Reply 143
Original post by cowsforsale

Sick!

****kk pure fire!!!

i got negged twice for no reason whaaa
Original post by commandant
gym soon. haven't been in a week :|

How come? Apart from not feeling motivated for it (which I think you said) any other reason?

It's why I'm pretty strict with my routine and don't do something more fluid (go when I want, do exercises/weight/reps I can do on that day etc.). If I did the latter, I'd probably end up going less 'cause I'd feel one day that I was a bit unmotivated and then once you don't do it once, psychologically, it's a lot easier to not go again (diet analogy for example).
Reply 145
Original post by paddy__power
It's really good.

Pretty slow at the beginning but it grows on you massively as the story progresses and there are massive revelations and mysteries. In fact you have just reminded me the new manga will have come out today :ahee:

i stopoped watching shippuden about 18 months ago. Hand me a linkto watch online!! i totally forgot where i was at :/
Original post by Gallium
i stopoped watching shippuden about 18 months ago. Hand me a linkto watch online!! i totally forgot where i was at :/

Just google it and numerous places will come up.

I don't actually watch it now as the manga is so far ahead but can't wait for it to catch up as some of the battles will be awesome.
I watched an episode like 4 weeks ago and it was them just sailing and fighting some random fish.

I'm not watching it, lol. I tend to skip the obvious fillers when I did as well.
Original post by Michael XYZ
How come? Apart from not feeling motivated for it (which I think you said) any other reason?

It's why I'm pretty strict with my routine and don't do something more fluid (go when I want, do exercises/weight/reps I can do on that day etc.). If I did the latter, I'd probably end up going less 'cause I'd feel one day that I was a bit unmotivated and then once you don't do it once, psychologically, it's a lot easier to not go again (diet analogy for example).

Well I have a routine which I follow. It's two day split, so as long as I go at least twice a week it'll do. 3 times a week is what I do 90% of the time, but ideally I want to be doing 4 times a week while I haven't got many commitments.

Just haven't been bothered to get up and go lol. I think the lower volume is doing quite well mind, nice change. Next week i'll ramp it up :cool:
Well I have a routine which I follow. It's two day split, so as long as I go at least twice a week it'll do. 3 times a week is what I do 90% of the time, but ideally I want to be doing 4 times a week while I haven't got many commitments.

Just haven't been bothered to get up and go lol. I think the lower volume is doing quite well mind, nice change. Next week i'll ramp it up :cool:

Out of interest. What are your best lifts?
Reply 150

is it a trek to get to the gym? i love going to the gym but i get demotivated due to the trek!
Out of interest. What are your best lifts?

competition 205/130/220, though I know for a fact I could have done more. But I didn't, so it would be an e-number lol. Squat was pretty easy. I did sheiko for about 7 months, and right in the last week before testing new maxes my back went. Deadlift would have probably been 230 and bench 135 but as I said, I didn't do it lol.
Original post by Gallium
is it a trek to get to the gym? i love going to the gym but i get demotivated due to the trek!

Well I'm at parents house at the moment so it's like a 2 min drive, going to go now with bro (megaoblastic). In my flat, it's about a 13 min cycle - and I didn't go monday and tuesday because it was p1ssing down and I didn't fancy getting wet. lol
competition 205/130/220, though I know for a fact I could have done more. But I didn't, so it would be an e-number lol. Squat was pretty easy. I did sheiko for about 7 months, and right in the last week before testing new maxes my back went. Deadlift would have probably been 230 and bench 135 but as I said, I didn't do it lol.

What's your 2 day split? I might have to cut down to that next year due to work.
Reply 154
anyone enlighten me on sheiko? , don't see many people round here do it
Original post by Hantheman
What's your 2 day split? I might have to cut down to that next year due to work.

upper / lower, but arms are with lower. 2 exercises big bodyparts, 1 exercise small. So it's pretty low volume, but if I'm doing it 4 times a week I'm hitting all bodyparts twice a week and recovering well. Same exercises, aim to beat my reps or weight each session. If don't beat I change exercise.
Original post by Gallium
anyone enlighten me on sheiko? , don't see many people round here do it

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/sheiko_shakes_up_powerlifting
Sheiko would work well for people whos 1rm goes up slowly imo. %1rm don't work that well for beginners at all since their 1rm goes up every workout.
upper / lower, but arms are with lower. 2 exercises big bodyparts, 1 exercise small. So it's pretty low volume, but if I'm doing it 4 times a week I'm hitting all bodyparts twice a week and recovering well. Same exercises, aim to beat my reps or weight each session. If don't beat I change exercise.

So like-

Day 1: Squats/Deads/Lungers/Arm work
Day 2: Bench/Pullups/Assistance

Do you go strength style I assume, 5+sets/ lower volume?
Reply 159

that's my routine exactly

Latest