The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Advices for a coming student

Hello,

I will be in Manchester in a week. I am not from UK.

So, maybe you have any advices for me? :smile:
Reply 1
Bring an umbrella (or 2)!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Andylol
Bring an umbrella (or 2)!

dont forget your wellies!
be yourself and try to task to as many students as you can even if you accent is different, they will remember you =)
Reply 4
Original post by amylynne
dont forget your wellies!

Haha I've not owned a pair of wellies since I was a kid, so I'm sure you'll be fine without them xD
Ignore the street venders selling you umberellas, but a cheaper one in Primark :smile: And Best nightclub in the area for meeting other students 5th Ave :P
Can't wait :rofl:
Original post by snowpunkpink26
Ignore the street venders selling you umberellas, but a cheaper one in Primark :smile: And Best nightclub in the area for meeting other students 5th Ave :P

But Primark umbrellas are ****. :tongue: They may have pretty patterns but they break when it's only slightly windy!
Original post by Cheshire_Cat
But Primark umbrellas are ****. :tongue: They may have pretty patterns but they break when it's only slightly windy!

Yes BUT they also break easily and they rip you off! Or blow bubbles in your face with bubble machines, my advice is stay away lol x
Original post by snowpunkpink26
Yes BUT they also break easily and they rip you off! Or blow bubbles in your face with bubble machines, my advice is stay away lol x

I wasn't suggesting they buy them from people on the street, just that Primark isn't any good either. Boots have good umbrellas. :biggrin:
Depends on how heavy the rain is though, how far would you be willing to risk walking in the pouring rain? :colone:
Reply 11
Don't buy expensive umbrellas, you WILL be upset :')
Reply 12
I much prefer to feel snug in a nice big rain coat than have to carry an umbrella :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending