The Student Room Group

Maths and Further Maths

Are they two separate AS? i have heard some uni view them as one subject only even if you have done 12 units in total? Please help.
Thanks x
Original post by dianakidds

Are they two separate AS? i have heard some uni view them as one subject only even if you have done 12 units in total? Please help.
Thanks x

They are two separate subjects. The only thing I've heard is that if you want to do medicine they won't be counted as two separate subjects, for certain medical schools.
Reply 2
Thanks x

Yes they are separate AS and A levels. You will be awarded 2 qualifications.
FM is valuable for Maths, Physics, some Engineering and some Economics courses.
Unless you are applying for a very Maths related course then some Unis will only count it as one A level in terms of meeting your offer requirements.
(edited 12 years ago)
yeah they're two separate ASs. And I doubt a uni would really consider them as one subject as its such an impressive combination. However it would depend on what you want to study at uni. I think for a science degree any uni would welcome you with open arms.
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
Yes they are separate AS and A levels. You will be awarded 2 qualifications.
FM is valuable for Maths, Physics, some Engineering and some Economics courses.
Unless you are applying for a very Maths related course then some Unis will only count it as one A level in terms of meeting your offer requirements.

if they count that as one alevel..what if i got a in maths and b in f maths..what are they gonna consider the grade as?
thx xx
Reply 5
thx helen...but just seen replies saying that medical sch mostly are taking them as 1 alevel :frown:

if they count that as one alevel..what if i got a in maths and b in f maths..what are they gonna consider the grade as?
thx xx

A, if you're only allowed one you can use either grade in your offer. People at my school have got A in regular maths and failed further maths badly.
Reply 7
Original post by jameswhughes
A, if you're only allowed one you can use either grade in your offer. People at my school have got A in regular maths and failed further maths badly.

ic thx m8 xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending