The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Neuroscience at Keele

Has anyone studied neuroscience at Keele, if so, what is the subject like?

Briefly, what do you study? Obviously study the brain but like just to sum it up otherwise; i.e. illnesses like Parkinsons etc...?

Lastly, are there a lot of career options with a degree in this field or not?

Thanks! :biggrin:
Hi there - apologies for digging up an old thread.

I'm currently a second year Neuroscience student, and in our first year, we were grouped together with other biological sciences groups. Out of the four modules, 3 were general biology, and one was dedicated neuro. It was essentially to bring everyone up to the same level,a s well as general education, as you need a good grounding in basic biology to grasp neuro.

The neuro module was interesting, and covered the basic structure/function of the brain, and covered three or four major diseases bvriefly (Parkinsons, Huntingtons, and a few others). All the modules were challenging, even though I'd done A-Level bio and chem, and the whole year was really interesting :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
i realize this was ages ago, and you're probably not on this site anymore but was wondering how good keele is for getting work placements/ jobs at the end of the degree? also was keele your first choice? what are the facilities like?

Quick Reply

Latest