The Student Room Group

Megathread of Waterloo Road

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hbk4894
So what was everyone's views? How many of you shedded a tear?

I admit I did :redface:.

It was so damn sad! Poor Grantly!
Reply 341
:cry2:

Tom sleeps with pretty much every new female teacher. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he got it on with Nikki :colonhash:
The little kid with the 'fro (harley) is soooooo cute :h:
Original post by hbk4894
So what was everyone's views? How many of you shedded a tear?

I was sobbing, I will admit! Sad old people are the saddest thing ever, plus the whole alzhiemers thing hits a little close to home...
I thought it was so nicely done. Really stayed true to Grantlys 'proud' persona while showing, obviously, a softer side.
The Fleur/Grantly storyline was sad but done well. I thought Harley helping him at the end was a nice touch.

I don't trust Craig though. Him causing trouble is almost as likely as Tom and Nicki getting it on.
Reply 345
So depressing tonight :frown:

Don't know if it's just me but I then think about my/my partner's death and I get even more upset lol :frown:

Some great storylines atm and very well done. I think Trudi will keep it (and keep rebeling) and if she does go for termination that Finn goes all 'father's rights' on her.
That Craig is dodgy, definitely either recently homeless/in loads of debt so wants to share it (in marriage).
anyone think tarique an emm will get together and if they do wil it change the situation between tarique and finn?
good to know that an english teacher would be happy to send his pupils out into the streets during class time to get a news story...

had tears in my eyes at the g/f story, soo sad.
The Harley/Grantley relationship is just lovely, I hope they keep the father/son type thing going throughout the series.
Original post by clo-clo1
The Harley/Grantley relationship is just lovely, I hope they keep the father/son type thing going throughout the series.

Yeah I agree.

I can't remember a time that Grantly has been even friendly to students, let alone helping them specifically.
Reply 350
I'm a 16 year old boy and I'm not afraid to admit I've just bawled my eyes out at that episode and even just thinking about now makes me sad. It was so beautifully done, especially with her 'coming back' before she died. I also thought that the music choices were absolutely superb and added to the emotion.

Finn/ Trudi storyline looks good. I think Tariq will persuade her to keep the baby in the end and she'll stay with Finn. Didn't seem to be too much about Josh on the preview, hope they continue that one.

On a side note: does anyone know the song that was playing when Grantley found Fleur in the rain?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Leelad
I'm a 16 year old boy and I'm not afraid to admit I've just bawled my eyes out at that episode and even just thinking about now makes me sad. It was so beautifully done, especially with her 'coming back' before she died. I also thought that the music choices were absolutely superb and added to the emotion.

Finn/ Trudi storyline looks good. I think Tariq will persuade her to keep the baby in the end and she'll stay with Finn. Didn't seem to be too much about Josh on the preview, hope they continue that one.

On a side note: does anyone know the song that was playing when Grantley found Fleur in the rain?

The fleur grantly storyline I admit was fantastic, however apart from this series 7 is still a massive disapointment, none of the characturs have any personality (except the select few who have been in previous series), despite this the 2nd part of series 7 is alot better than the first part (though that isnt saying much Imo)

Despite all this, Fleurs death was nearly as toaching/tragic as lornas death. The Grantly/Fleur relationship has always been amazing.
Reply 352
Original post by QuantumOverlord
The fleur grantly storyline I admit was fantastic, however apart from this series 7 is still a massive disapointment, none of the characturs have any personality (except the select few who have been in previous series), despite this the 2nd part of series 7 is alot better than the first part (though that isnt saying much Imo)

Despite all this, Fleurs death was nearly as toaching/tragic as lornas death. The Grantly/Fleur relationship has always been amazing.

I agree that this part of the series has been much better. Mainly down to the fact that there hasn't yet been any of those stupid episodes where they've had some random character and focused on them for the whole episode, only to completely forget about them next episode.
Although I do miss the more sensitive teachers like Karen and Chris :frown:

The 'turf war' mentioned in the preview to next week will be the 'explosive storyline' that makes WR move to Scotland I think.
I'm watching this week's episode, and I may be repeating something that's already been said (I hate repeats) but this episode is possibly the best one (or perhaps, least bad) episode I can remember.

And I've never seen Grantly be so nice!
The way Trudis character was written ruined it for me. IMO she's way to sensible to rebel and take her head dress off (although she does put it back on for certain situations) AND have a BF AND have sex before marriage AND get pregnant - when she knew she'd been sick and was only taking the pill. It does make her more interesting, but less believable :frown:
Reply 355
question , if Trudi had never slept with anyone before she slept with Finn , then why was she saying she was on the pill , surely the pill is only there to stop women getting pregrant , im just saying this because i think she said she was on the pill for a while , i could be wrong though.
Many girls go on the pill to regulate their periods. Plus Trudi and Finn might have got to the stage where they were getting intimate with each other but not sex yet, so she thought/knew sex might be coming soon so went on the pill before they started.
Original post by Clare~Bear
The way Trudis character was written ruined it for me. IMO she's way to sensible to rebel and take her head dress off (although she does put it back on for certain situations) AND have a BF AND have sex before marriage AND get pregnant - when she knew she'd been sick and was only taking the pill. It does make her more interesting, but less believable :frown:

tbh theres so much of a been there done that thing, the trudi story line has been done so much (and much better in previous series), also there is more of an echo of sambuccas tragic end in Joshs drug story line, again making it seem fake. I find it very hard to sympathise with josh anyway as he is basically a dick.

I disagree with you about the head dress, one of the few good developments in trudis charactur was her growth and feeling of liberty there on after once she removed it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 358
starting now.
Reply 359
What is everyone's opinions on that episode?

Quick Reply

Latest