The Student Room Group

Megathread of Waterloo Road

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1760
Original post by hbk4894
just wondering , has anyone ever been an extra on Waterloo Road if so , who did you meet and wast it good or bad?

I dated a guy who was an extra on waterloo road once lol
Reply 1761
Original post by H0ls
I dated a guy who was an extra on waterloo road once lol

is that what attracted you to him?
Original post by QuantumOverlord
After lorna tragically committed suicide we were lead to believe that perhaps Tom could live with Izzy happily, but then Izzy died in a darkly meaningless way, rendering all of the characters struggles, and ultimately Lorna's sacrifice pointless. And that really is dark when you think about it.

Lorna didn't kill herself for Tom and Izzie, she killed herself because she couldn't cope with having Multiple Sclerosis.
Original post by Purple-Pixie
Lorna didn't kill herself for Tom and Izzie, she killed herself because she couldn't cope with having Multiple Sclerosis.

I don't think so. In the suicide note lorna wrote:

"it's not the only reason, just the final reason"

the MS was the proximal cause of her suicide, but her involvement in the toxic love triangle had a lot to do with it. Lorna came across as a deeply unstable character, and she was a martyer to herself. Even the method by which she did it, in the process getting tom and izzy back together made it abundantly clear it was an act of self sacrifice, or perceived sacrifice. This quasi manipulative but altogether desperate behavior has been going on since tom broke up with lorna, and perhaps before then.

When you think about the implications of series 2, and the deaths of the two characters to leave tom the survivor, it comes across as dark as hell.
Reply 1764
Original post by hbk4894
just wondering , has anyone ever been an extra on Waterloo Road if so , who did you meet and wast it good or bad?

Waterloo road is currently being filmed in my high school so I know half the extras haha. One of my friends became really close to the guy who played Phoenix, went out clubbing together a lot. And my mum works nearby she's met Rhiannon and one of the other girls, said they're really polite. Think she ID'd Rhiannon for cigarettes though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LSD
Waterloo road is currently being filmed in my high school so I know half the extras haha. One of my friends became really close to the guy who played Phoenix, went out clubbing together a lot. And my mum works nearby she's met Rhiannon and one of the other girls, said they're really polite. Think she ID'd Rhiannon for cigarettes though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does that mean they are moving schools again?!
Reply 1766
What are everyones favourite moments from the show?
Original post by hbk4894
What are everyones favourite moments from the show?

When Andrew and Jack sent Steph on a school trip so the LEA wouldn't see how bad a teacher she was!

Also when Steph changes the marks of her students' coursework to make it look better but when Jack gets suspicious she hides it all in her car and pretends that someone broke into her classroom and stole it!

Needless to say, Steph Haydock was definitely my favourite character :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
it has been a good series far , cant wait to see what happens between Justin and Tiffany.
miss this show.
Original post by stehay
miss this show.

samee
I miss this show too but I thought the final episode was really disappointing.
RIP Waterloo Road
The last episode was terrible
i miss imogen
what a babe
Just been rewatching Waterloo Road and I actually like Tom and Izzie way less now. They betrayed Lorna and did her so dirty then when she came back to work they were treating her like she was the one who'd done them dirty. She was actively trying to make them feel better about what they'd done and Tom was acting like she was a leper and Izzie was acting like she was a massive inconvenience
Original post by River Shadow
So sad... :cry: Tom Clarkson was awesome, what is 'Waterloo Road' without him?! It was nice to see Grantly again as well, although I'm not really sure anything happened through much of the episode. Also, throughout Kyle's time on 'Waterloo Road', they've been so inconsistent with his characterisation, it's irritating... That and the fact they didn't attempt CPR on Tom... They didn't with Izzie either. I really want to see Chlo and Mika again even more now... They've lost their mum and their stepdad.

It definitely won't be the same without lovely Tom... :frown:

I'm rewatching Waterloo Road after like a decade and I like Tom and Izzie way less now. I'd forgotten about Lorna but what they did to her was awful. Izzie was pretending to comfort her about her divorce knowing full well what she was doing behind her back. Then when it all comes out Lorna is the bigger person about it depsite this immense betrayal from the two closest people to her. But when she comes back they treat her like she's the one that did them dirty. She even tries to make them feel better aboutbwhat they did but Tom treats her like a leper and Izzie like she's a massive inconvenience. Rewatching has made me realise they're both horrible and delusional people

Quick Reply

Latest