The Student Room Group

Question time 9/11 Special

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Inzamam99
Oh **** off, I can't be asked to school someone who knows nothing about my countries' politics.

Ironic (see below).

The growth rate is 4.8%

No, its 2% (or rather 2.3% to be precise). Please see - http://www.tradingeconomics.com/pakistan/gdp-growth

Pakistan will not be a superpower anytime soon.

Agreed; whilst India incidentally is.

Musharraf's government was far less corrupt, more liberal, more willing to give business and media freedom and presided over a strongly growing economy. It really is very complicated but let me assure you you know **** all about the military and democracy of Pakistan.

If constantly and consistently being labelled as one of the worlds Top 10 failed states (actually beating out the likes of the Congo, Somalia and Sudan on some occasions) is an achievement, then congratulations :biggrin:

As for Musharraf, stop digressing from the point I raised to you. You stated that the country was both "flourished" and was more "liberal" and I retorted DIRECTLY. Its certainly not flourishing with a 2% GDP growth rate (given its around emerging economies) and its certainly not liberal by any worthwhile definition of the word - that is, if your by liberal you mean killing off politicians who even remotely strays or diverts from a strict imposition of Sharia law, or indeed the country's archaic blasphemy laws.

Edit - Oh and classy move with the negative reputation of course. What, you couldn't prove your point in the actual argument, so you thought you'd hit the little negative button as a way of making yourself feel better? Of course, I won't be as petulant as you and reputation/rep you back.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by viffer
By all means challenge possible inaccuracies but try doing it in a way that doesn't make you sound like an ********. You, and we, will be all the better for it

I like being an ******** to ignorant buffoons who insult my country despite not knowing anything about it. I treat people how they treat me.
Original post by MapleBacon
Ironic (see below).

No, its 2% (or rather 2.3% to be precise). Please see - http://www.tradingeconomics.com/pakistan/gdp-growth

Agreed; whilst India incidentally is.

If constantly and consistently being labelled as one of the worlds Top 10 failed states (actually beating out the likes of the Congo, Somalia and Sudan on some occasions) is an achievement, then congratulations :biggrin:

As for Musharraf, stop digressing from the point I raised to you. You stated that the country was both "flourished" and was more "liberal" and I retorted DIRECTLY. Its certainly not flourishing with a 2% GDP growth rate (given its around emerging economies) and its certainly not liberal by any worthwhile definition of the word - that is, if your by liberal you mean killing off politicians who even remotely strays or diverts from a strict imposition of Sharia law, or indeed the country's archaic blasphemy laws.

No, the latest annual growth figure is 4.8%. Thanks for ignoring the point about India. I'am not disgressing from the point and the point is Musharraf was far better and that you know very little about my country. It is certainly not a failed state- this argument has been done countless times and just because some random organisation says so doesn't make it so. I can honestly write all day about this but really to get in the mud with another person who doesn't have a ****ing clue what he's talking about.
I like being an ******** to ignorant buffoons who insult my country despite not knowing anything about it. I treat people how they treat me.

I think you take the crown on looking like a "ignorant buffoon" in this argument, as you come across as nothing short of a plank.

Edit - Oh and classy move with the negative reputation of course. What, you couldn't prove your point in the actual argument, so you thought you'd hit the little negative button as a way of making yourself feel better? Of course, I won't be as petulant as you and reputation/rep you back.

I neg rep ignorant posts where TSRians with huge egos talk about and insult people and countries they in reality have no idea about. I have never negged a reasonable post against my country, religion or anything. You can neg me if you like. Get your friends in the ****ing act as well, I really don't give a flying **** about my reputation on a student forum. It's ****ing unbelievable how many basement dwellers do an "edit" where they begin crying about why got negged on here. Losers.
Original post by manchild007
I think you take the crown on looking like a "ignorant buffoon" in this argument, as you come across as nothing short of a plank.

A plank who actually knows a lot of detailed stuff about his country (yeah being arrogant but whatever) as opposed to moron above.
Reply 86

How very forward thinking. GLWTP
Reply 87
No, the latest annual growth figure is 4.8%.

I have provided you with OBJECTIVE AND INDEPENDENT data/evidence to back up my proof on growth being a pathetic 2%. You have provided no credible evidence.

Ergo growth for Pakistan, remains at a disgracefully low 2%.

It is certainly not a failed state- this argument has been done countless times and just because some random organisation says so doesn't make it so.

Its not just one organisation though, its the census opinion - though you need to be kidding yourself to think when an independent, credible and reputable organisation such as the Fund for Peace has consistently for the past decade ranked you amongst the Top 10 failed states of the world, there must be something wrong with the country itself. Indeed as I said, its the census opinion that Pakistan is a failed state (or thereabouts), regardless of what your obvious bias makes of it.

With another person who doesn't have a ****ing clue what he's talking about.

That's rich coming from you, as everything you have posted thus far has been unsubstantiated nonsense if not just plain bullcrap :biggrin:
Reply 88
Original post by velocet

Robert Fisk wrote an article on it I think dated 3rd September 2011. Not mentioning the CIA agent but instead made reference to the original report analysing the causes of 9/11.

If Robert Fisk donned a suicide vest packed with nails and blew himself up on Regent Street, I doubt he's do more damage to Britain than he already is.

I cannot stand to see his naked apologism for terrorism and political violence, and his rabid attacks on the armed forces. He's basically a zealot. His ideaology is no different from many people in the Middle East (whether they are violent or not). As far as he is concerned, everything can be blamed on Britain, Israel or the United States, and the states and peoples where these problems are would be otherwise peaceful, happy and no doubt more advanced than "the West".
A plank who actually knows a lot of detailed stuff about his country (yeah being arrogant but whatever) as opposed to moron above.

Mate, you're the one whose come across as a complete ****ing idiot or rather "moron" :rofl:

The other user has backed up whatever he/she has said with evidence, whilst you have basically just written some nonsense/rubbish because you're from Pakistan, and thus can't take it when anyone makes a valid argument that its a joke of a country/state.
Reply 90
Original post by Suetonius
Israel-Palestine a 'root cause' of al-Qaeda? Rubbish. Islamic fundamentalists were attacking American ships in the Mediterranean at the end of the 18th century.

Al-Qaeda doesn't represent every Muslim extremist group since the begining of time. It has only existed since 1988 and OBL followed the ideology of Sayyid Qutb which came long after the aforementioned era. Most importantly, stop listening to everything Hitchens says.
Reply 91
X

Nah, I'm not that sad/pathetic - I win my arguments by the actual content that I write and not by giving someone a negative reputation in the hope of disolving my own idiocy/inability to argue, like you. As for being ignorant, I think the consensus here/in this thread seems to point the finger at you being the ignorant one :smile:
I have provided you with OBJECTIVE AND INDEPENDENT data/evidence to back up my proof on growth being a pathetic 2%. You have provided no credible evidence.

Ergo growth for Pakistan, remains at a disgracefully low 2%.

Its not just one organisation though, its the census opinion - though you need to be kidding yourself to think when an independent, credible and reputable organisation such as the Fund for Peace has consistently for the past decade ranked you amongst the Top 10 failed states of the world, there must be something wrong with the country itself. Indeed as I said, its the census opinion that Pakistan is a failed state (or thereabouts), regardless of what your obvious bias makes of it.

That's rich coming from you, as everything you have posted thus far has been unsubstantiated nonsense if not just plain bullcrap :biggrin:

Growth rate amongst economists is measured annually and not monthly to give a better overall view- surely a genius like you would have known this?

http://www.indexmundi.com/pakistan/gdp_real_growth_rate.html
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pk.html

I don't really care about Fund for Peace. The only bits of Pakistan that can be classed as failed are the tribal areas and parts of the North West. It's nowhere near the level of countries like Somalia. Oh and the fact that religious conservatives under Musharraf refused to let the Blasphemy Law be repealed doesn't take away the fact he allowed far more freedom, presided over far stronger growth and was far less corrupts than the so called democrats who came before and after him. Not really my fault that you pick and choose my posts (like you're still ignoring the Indian abuses I highlighted in Kashmir) and just repeat the same BS. I know you're not very smart but even a quick google search will prove that I'am right in the Musharraf argument, the Indian abuses case and the GDP case. Not my fault you know **** all. I'am off bye.
Reply 93
Growth rate amongst economists is measured annually and not monthly to give a better overall view- surely a genius like you would have known this?

http://www.indexmundi.com/pakistan/gdp_real_growth_rate.html
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pk.html

LMFAO!

Are you REALLY THIS stupid? You can't even read your own sources correctly :rofl:

The 2010 growth rate of Pakistan was 4%, but this year its running at 2% (which is what we have been arguing about all this time) - heck even with a growth rate at 4% last year (let alone the 2% rate it currently faces and the 1% growth it had a year prior), it is quite simply pathetic. Countries around Pakistan and indeed other emerging markets in general, are CONSISTENTLY year-on-year producing growth rates of nearly double that of Pakistan at 8% and in some cases, double-digit growth (i.e. China and indeed soon-to-be India).

Its CLEAR YOU have no idea what you're talking about and are simply clutching at straws out of some deluded sense of nationialmism towards Pakistan. I think its been established by myself and indeed others in this thread, you're the only "moron" here. Pity that doesn't go through such a thick skull of yours "genius" :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by manchild007
Mate, you're the one whose come across as a complete ****ing idiot or rather "moron" :rofl:

The other user has backed up whatever he/she has said with evidence, whilst you have basically just written some nonsense/rubbish because you're from Pakistan, and thus can't take it when anyone makes a valid argument that its a joke of a country/state.

http://www.indexmundi.com/pakistan/g...owth_rate.html
https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/pk.html
http://www.frontlinekashmir.org/2011/04/india-stop-human-rights-abuses-in.html
http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/country,,HRW,,PAK,,3ae6a8558,0.html
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/2010/12/201012176626768258.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13318673
http://afpak.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2010/06/24/is_pakistan_a_failed_state_no
http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2011/s3241285.htm

http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/COUNTRIES/SOUTHASIAEXT/0,,contentMDK:20643510~menuPK:158937~pagePK:146736~piPK:146830~theSitePK:223547,00.html
http://www.riazhaq.com/2008/08/musharrafs-economic-legacy.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asif_Ali_Zardari#New_York_Times_report

In case of the Musharraf thing, I stopped at 3 links but there are hundreds more on things such as media freedom on anyone educated enough to look them up.

There disproves absolutely everything. Go and tell him to stick it up somewhere nice and comfy so he can refer to it for future use- you too. Bye bye now :hi:
LMFAO!

Are you REALLY THIS stupid? You can't even read your own sources correctly :rofl:

The 2010 growth rate of Pakistan was 4%, but this year its running at 2% (which is what we have been arguing about all this time) - heck even with a growth rate at 4% last year (let alone the 2% rate it currently faces and the 1% growth it had a year prior), it is quite simply pathetic. Countries around Pakistan and indeed other emerging markets in general, are CONSISTENTLY year-on-year producing growth rates of nearly double that of Pakistan at 8% and in some cases, double-digit growth (i.e. China and indeed soon-to-be India).

Its CLEAR YOU have no idea what you're talking about and are simply clutching at straws out of some deluded sense of nationialmism towards Pakistan. I think its been established by myself and indeed others in this thread, you're the only "moron" here. Pity that doesn't go through such a thick skull of yours "genius" :biggrin:

No, your link shows only the growth for one month- as all economists agree this is not a reliable indicator and annual growth rates need to be taken into account not monthly ones. :dunce: The links are above and I repeat pretty much everything you say is BS. Don't act like you're some kind of economic genius by throwing figures I already knew about. Each country has its own unique situation and the growth rates show that. Pakistan was growing faster than India in the 1980s slower now and at the same level under Musharraf- it all depends. Don't call me thick- I actually know what I'am on about. Hilarious how you ignored the India thing again btw.
LMFAO!

Oh and neither of my sources show an annual figure of 2%. Maybe it's you needs to get your head sorted.
LMFAO!

When quoting remember to answer everything and not just stuff you can repeat the same nonsense to. Here is the bit you conveniently forgot:

I don't really care about Fund for Peace. The only bits of Pakistan that can be classed as failed are the tribal areas and parts of the North West. It's nowhere near the level of countries like Somalia. Oh and the fact that religious conservatives under Musharraf refused to let the Blasphemy Law be repealed doesn't take away the fact he allowed far more freedom, presided over far stronger growth and was far less corrupts than the so called democrats who came before and after him. Not really my fault that you pick and choose my posts (like you're still ignoring the Indian abuses I highlighted in Kashmir) and just repeat the same BS. I know you're not very smart but even a quick google search will prove that I'am right in the Musharraf argument, the Indian abuses case and the GDP case. Not my fault you know **** all. I'am off bye.
Reply 98
Oh and neither of my sources show an annual figure of 2%. Maybe it's you needs to get your head sorted.

That's because they only show 2010 GDP figures. ALL, including the link I provided (which is a world tracker of GDP data), state that Pakistan's growth rate for this year shall be a pathetic 2%. What "surely a genius like you would have known this?" :rolleyes:

Here's another, perhaps definitive source, showing Pakistan having a miserable growth rate of 2.2% this year (2011) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Pakistan

Also, well done for thus ignoring that Pakistan even with a 4% growth rate LAST year (on the back of a growth rate of just 1%), is performing pathetically when compared to its emerging markets peers and indeed that this year, it is doing even worse. "Flourishing" indeed :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 99
I'am off bye.

Not for long though. You're like a dog with a bone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending