The Student Room Group

Is this really a hideous coat?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I wouldn't wear it (wouldn't suit me :frown: ), but I still like it on you :smile:
Well, I do quite like it, but having read that it was £69 I'm inclined to say you may be best off looking for a cheaper version, as that one doesn't look particularly expensive (from those pictures).

Obviously it doesn't matter whether things look expensive, but if you've paid a lot for it, you kind of want that to show..
I don't like it, but it's only a coat, not a major life decision, so I don't think that you need to take their opinions into account. Wear it and enjoy it.
Reply 43
I like it :smile:
Reply 44
If I was as skinny as you are, I would definitely wear it.

Currently though, I'd look like a gone off cabbage that had been boiled for a week :/
Reply 45
i love it!!!

where did you get it??? :biggrin:
Reply 46
It makes you look Polish.
Reply 47
I like it
It's not hideous, but I don't like it and wouldn't wear it myself. It looks quite nice on you, though :smile:
Original post by Carpet21
I bought this coat today but my mum, my dad and my sister all hate it. My mum's specific words were "you look like a farmer". :confused:

I fell in love with it but now I'm beginning to think there might be something wrong with me. :tongue: Would any of you guys wear this?

Edit: Oh and the reason for all the white bits is that I genuinely didn't want anyone to pass out at the state of my room.

It looks nice - and makes you look nothing like a farmer!

Still - if your family don't like it and you aren't too fussed - perhaps offer to not wear it if they buy you another (nicer...) coat.

Or just stick with that one :holmes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Uggs** and how are they? If you're going to have an opinion, justify it, don't just restate the same point.
Reply 51
its nice but maybe a bit big on you
Reply 52
To be honest, I can't see anything wrong with it at all :smile: I don't see where your family are coming from...
I like your coat, and anyway it doesn't really matter whether your family like your coat or not, as long as you do then it's fine
Reply 53
it is beautiful

Quick Reply

Latest