The Student Room Group

Question about Edexcel History Unit 4

Hi, can I ask if anyone here knows what the unit 4 of the A2 history is about? It only says "Historical Enquiry" in the application form, so I have no idea what it is about and how to prepare for it.
Reply 1
Original post by weldon29
Hi, can I ask if anyone here knows what the unit 4 of the A2 history is about? It only says "Historical Enquiry" in the application form, so I have no idea what it is about and how to prepare for it.

That's basically what your coursework is - you research an event or period within your topic (for instance, mine was on the Korean War; this fitted within America's Rise to Superpower 1890-2000, which was the topic as a whole).

Don't worry to much about it, it's enjoyable and you'll get all the help and direction you'll need from your teachers I'm sure.

Hope that helps. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by sjhockley
That's basically what your coursework is - you research an event or period within your topic (for instance, mine was on the Korean War; this fitted within America's Rise to Superpower 1890-2000, which was the topic as a whole).

Don't worry to much about it, it's enjoyable and you'll get all the help and direction you'll need from your teachers I'm sure.

Hope that helps. :smile:

I'm studying by myself though... how do you turn in your coursework?
Reply 3
In that case, I'm afraid I don't know. I presume you just have to send it off to the exam board to submit it, but I don't know for sure.
Reply 4
There is much work to be done.
The edexcel website has a 'Getting started' document.It is very helpful.This is in addition to the specification document.
There are a series of coursework titles,40+.
You have to choose a title,one that doesn't conflict with your other units.Your enquiry will be based on your choice.There are 2 parts,A and B,the words need to total to 4000.
Allocation of resources is a real challenge,and choosing the relevant sources is also part of the assessment.The document suggests some sources,however these are some of the sources you'd need.

You can enter for the January series,or the June.I'd recommend you aim for the January series,there is a lot to get through.Then perhaps you might edit it in June.

Keep an organised list of your sources,as you'd need to fill papers to accompany your coursework submission.
Reply 5
Do you mind giving me the link of the 'Getting Started' page? I can't seem to find it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending