Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University College Falmouth 2012

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy that other people are concerned about the interviews, I came on here to have a look at whether people were in the same situation as me, which you are Got the letter with the 4 on the back about interviews in December/January and haven't heard anything haha..

I'm so nervous about the idea of an interview. What will it be like? I suppose it's different for whatever course you choose, I've applied for Advertising, do you think I just have to tell them why I want to do it etc etc?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarcusHoare1)
    Just had a letter for interview for Marine and Natural History Photography - phew it's my first choice by a mile - if anyone wants to see my blog i sent them just ask .

Marcus
    I just got my interview letter for Marine and Natural History photography too It was the only one I applied for, I'm so nervous, but cant wait!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hrtnicholson)
    I just got my interview letter for Marine and Natural History photography too It was the only one I applied for, I'm so nervous, but cant wait!
    When is yours? I had to switch mine because they gave me a 9am slot and I live in Sussex

The course looks amazing and the facilities are stunning .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was going to phone Falmouth about when my interview was on monday but I got my interview invitation today! Anybody else for digital animation on the 14th feb?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When is yours? I had to switch mine because they gave me a 9am slot and I live in Sussex

Mines 9am on the 14th Feb, I've got to come down the day before and stay somewhere as I live in London!
    The course really does look amazing, I've got my heart set on getting in!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hedgehogsanonymous)
    Wow that was fast, I've gotten unconditional offers for both English and Journalism! I guess they just judged their decision on my application and the work I sent in.
    unconditional? have you already finished your alevels/college? Well done by the way

(Original post by Lydia1234)
    what course have you got an interview for?
    Journalism
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hrtnicholson)
    Mines 9am on the 14th Feb, I've got to come down the day before and stay somewhere as I live in London!
    The course really does look amazing, I've got my heart set on getting in!
    I was going to do that but then another uni gave me an interview the day before
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finally got my interview letter for Digital Animation at Falmouth which will be during march which is excellent as it will give me a good amount of time to make a cracking showreel! Good luck to everyone else!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For those who have gotten interview dates ect - was it a letter or an e-mail? - Just so I know which to look out for
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OCaptainMyCaptain!)
    For those who have gotten interview dates ect - was it a letter or an e-mail? - Just so I know which to look out for
    Letter
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I live in Cornwall and I'm applying to Falmouth for Interior Design.
    I love Cornwall and I'm so lucky to live here, it's so laid back and it's probably nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. For those who are scared of getting bored,,, you will never get bored in Cornwall. Guarentee there is always something to do. Anyway my interview is tomorrow so I better use my time wisely. Good luck
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R,lou,D)
    I live in For those who are scared of getting bored,,, you will never get bored in Cornwall. Guarentee there is always something to do.

this is a lie.
    unless your on about drugs.
    why they invented drugs - for cornwall.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview for Advertising on the 6 feb,
    But I can't go because I can't get there, aha.

When is the best time to phone to rearrange, does anyone know?

And from a completely hypothetical situation...What would happen if you just couldn't go to the interview in any way shape or form? Do you just definitely lose out on an offer?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview last week and it went brilliant! Applied for Film, got an unconditional! Not sure how rare this is at Falmouth to get an unconditional but all my teachers have said it doesnt happen often unless you've finished a levels etc! So happy! Good luck everybody, it was really nothing to worry about though as it was so easy!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabrielleanna)
    I had my interview last week and it went brilliant! Applied for Film, got an unconditional! Not sure how rare this is at Falmouth to get an unconditional but all my teachers have said it doesnt happen often unless you've finished a levels etc! So happy! Good luck everybody, it was really nothing to worry about though as it was so easy!
    Congrats on the unconditional. The film course looks quite interesting, reasonably well equipped. If you've got a decent camera, I'd bring it with you, but my flatmate is (was, cause she broke it!) getting by absolutely fine with her compact digital camera.

If anyone has any more questions about the uni (although Natalie and Sarah have answered most of them quite well), or about the course I'm on (Theatre), or even any of the other courses around the uni, I can do my best to answer them. Same with any accommodation questions etc. Best of luck to all of you, and hopefully I'll see you around campus next year
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional? Do you already have te grades or do they just really like you?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo, I've applied for Contemporary Crafts at Falmouth, anyone else? I've had the letter stating the dates that they will be interviewing on, just waiting to hear if I've actually got one now, eek!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jess141)
    unconditional? have you already finished your alevels/college? Well done by the way
    Thanks! Yeah I'm at college at the moment but I went to high school in America and took the SATs and all that, so I think they made their decision based on that.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

I applied for this course also, got my interview letter through yesterday but they scheduled the interview the day before I have another in Cumbria so had to change to 28th! Didn't help that I also live in Sussex! Small world!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    Has anyone else got a Journalism interview on the 31st?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 1, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.