The Student Room Group

University College Falmouth 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
hi :smile: I'm applying for illustration and fine art :smile:
Hello everybody, was just wondering who else has an interview on the 29th Feb at 10.30 for English and Creative Writing?
Reply 62
Hey, applied for Creative Writing, got an interview on the 14th March 14:00, anyone else here? Would be nice to know someone before I go. It said a group interview and a solo one, I was just wondering, what normally happens in the group interview? Does anyone know? And what should I wear?
Falmouth looks really good, like it's the first place that seems to take me serious about being creative, and in such a pretty place as well. I'm not that worried about the night life or anything, even though I live in Birmingham, where there's usually a lot going on, I'm not really a clubber, so I think I'll be alright.
Original post by torie3591
I applied for this course also, got my interview letter through yesterday but they scheduled the interview the day before I have another in Cumbria so had to change to 28th! Didn't help that I also live in Sussex! Small world! :biggrin:

I've got a conditional from Cumbria for Wildlife and Media - that was a very very long trip .... had to fly up there. :smile:

Falmouth looks so much nicer than Worthing :smile:

Marcus
Original post by Chazza071
Hey, applied for Creative Writing, got an interview on the 14th March 14:00, anyone else here? Would be nice to know someone before I go. It said a group interview and a solo one, I was just wondering, what normally happens in the group interview? Does anyone know? And what should I wear?
Falmouth looks really good, like it's the first place that seems to take me serious about being creative, and in such a pretty place as well. I'm not that worried about the night life or anything, even though I live in Birmingham, where there's usually a lot going on, I'm not really a clubber, so I think I'll be alright.

I had my interview last year for english and media studies, which is joint in the first year semester with creative writing.
however they're dropping it for 2012 entry, so :s-smilie: maybe different.

On the interview i had, we were just shown around the campus, and taken to a room with tea and biscuits, and then each one of us was taken one by one to a different room for an one on one interview. Nigel, the tutor asked about my interests in the course, my career prospects and what i do in my free time.

I don't know if all the interviews were the same, as some people didnt even have any! (a girl from bulgaria is my seminar group didnt have one, i was jealous :frown:)

good luck anyway :smile: :smile:
Original post by pinkfreekyfrog
Got an interview for english with creative writing on the 22nd Feb!! =) Yippee

Me too! :biggrin: (so happy!) Maybe I'll see you there >.<
Reply 66
Hey all :smile:
Just got an offer from them for Journalism, they got back to me within a day! So good luck to all you others who were on the same day...
Original post by OCaptainMyCaptain!
Me too! :biggrin: (so happy!) Maybe I'll see you there >.<

Well done!! :biggrin: What time is yours? Have no idea what I'm gonna say or wear!!
Mine is at 2:30pm - what about yours?(well done too!!) Urgh, same...but I'm kind of excited about it too! :biggrin:
Mine is at 2:30pm - what about yours?(well done too!!) Urgh, same...but I'm kind of excited about it too! :biggrin:

10.30! Shucks! :smile: Am not excited, am not really sure if I have any feeling about it at the mo...:confused: Probably cos Chichester is my first choice!!
Awh, that does suck, it would've been cool to kind of know someone else there :P Falmouth is my first, well, only choice XD Have you heard back from Chichester? :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by beezabee
Hey all :smile:
Just got an offer from them for Journalism, they got back to me within a day! So good luck to all you others who were on the same day...

Me too! Very happy :smile:
Reply 72
Hi all :smile:
Just wondering if anyone is going to be studying photography in September? :biggrin:
Reply 73
hello (:

I have an interview for Graphic Design in March, so any advice or tips on how your interview went would be a great help (:

Also I have never even travelled close to Falmouth and the first time i will have been is for my interview, basing these decisions on reputation alone :/ So any information on falmouth itself woulod be great to

Thankyou
Awh, that does suck, it would've been cool to kind of know someone else there :P Falmouth is my first, well, only choice XD Have you heard back from Chichester? :smile:

Yeah they offered me BCC, so I am tres pleased!!

I was wondering if I should redye my hair before the interview, it needs doing, but i didn't want it to be too overwhelming and them not like me?? :confused:
anyone had an interview for Marine and Natural History Photography - I have mine on the 21st and im nervous because I want to go sooo much...
Original post by pinkfreekyfrog
Yeah they offered me BCC, so I am tres pleased!!

I was wondering if I should redye my hair before the interview, it needs doing, but i didn't want it to be too overwhelming and them not like me?? :confused:

I wouldn't worry too much tbh, there's some funky hairstyles around campus. Not loads, because we're quite small, but enough that it doesn't seem to matter.
Reply 77
We need another club in town...
Original post by Camoxide
We need another club in town...

Saw this on Mango Tango's Facebook:
Reply 79
Original post by jess141

Original post by jess141
Me too! Very happy :smile:

Congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest