The Student Room Group

University College Falmouth 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FluffyLion
Which accommodation? Glasney Parc/View single occupancy room with ensuite and double bed is about £4,500.

Oh thats not too bad.. I heard it was about 5,000... or more! AHH.
Original post by GeorgiaFashion
Oh thats not too bad.. I heard it was about 5,000... or more! AHH.

It's still a lot of money! It's about a thousand pounds more than the basic loan. Shared rooms aren't all that bad if you can stand sharing your shower and toilet with one other person. You'd save a lot of money. Part of me wishes I'd gone with shared, but I love my flatmates (most of them) and I wouldn't have met them if I'd gone with shared.
Anyone here applied for Digital Media? I'm a first year student at Falmouth and will be a student mentor for all the newbies coming here :P
Original post by Chazza071
Hey, can any one remember how much the accommodation costs at Falmouth? They said at my interview but I can't remember and I can't find any details of it online.

Halls is £120 a week for your own double room.

I think it's about £80 a week if you share a room.
Original post by FluffyLion
It's still a lot of money! It's about a thousand pounds more than the basic loan. Shared rooms aren't all that bad if you can stand sharing your shower and toilet with one other person. You'd save a lot of money. Part of me wishes I'd gone with shared, but I love my flatmates (most of them) and I wouldn't have met them if I'd gone with shared.

It is indeed a lot of money! I'm going to have to be work a hell of a lot, I'd consider a shared room but as a fashion student I think I'd annoy a roomate with my sewing machine - especially when it comes to deadlines.
Original post by GeorgiaFashion
It is indeed a lot of money! I'm going to have to be work a hell of a lot, I'd consider a shared room but as a fashion student I think I'd annoy a roomate with my sewing machine - especially when it comes to deadlines.

Yes the halls are quite expensive but they are the nicest i've seen anywhere , I couldn't put up with a shared room either because i'll be bringing a ton of camera gear with me :smile: . Plus because I'm studying Marine and Natural History Photography I may have to get up insanely early to go out and shoot.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MarcusHoare1
Yes the halls are quite expensive but they are the nicest i've seen anywhere , I couldn't put up with a shared room either because i'll be bringing a ton of camera gear with me :smile: . Plus because I'm studying Marine and Natural History Photography I may have to get up insanely early to go out and shoot.

Exactly, I'd feel guilty for every noise I'd make! Too much pressue ha :smile:
Reply 147
Conditional offer for Graphic Design!! :biggrin:

thanks for the link . Will come in handy :smile:

Marcus
Just firmed my unconditional offer for photography. can't wait!
Reply 151
Original post by Indrreee
hello guys ! im making a university college falmouth 2012 freshers group on facebook , I'm doing the foundation course there myself and would love to meet others who're moving there this september . In order for me to actually start the group though , i need to add a few members.
would really appreciate it if you guys left me your facebook so i could put you on :smile: thanks!

Indre

www.facebook.com/simindre

hi! could you add me, https://www.facebook.com/bethanyanneindia

anyone else going to falmouth in september feel free to add me too! i'm going all alone :frown: although i have some friends who're already there!
Reply 152
http://www.facebook.com/GigglesNelson

Falmouth in September (Most likely) (: If would be nice to get to know a few people before hand, seeing as its 400 mile away from home town!
I'm hoping to study Fashion Photography this September! I can't wait!! :biggrin:
Reply 154
Just confirmed falmouth as my firm choice so hopefully going there in september :smile:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=680493434&ref=tn_tnmn <-- Feel free to add :smile:
Reply 155
Hey guys! Just firmed my offer for Marine & Natural History photography ahhhh....Exictedd!!:smile:
I'm currently dotted all over the Exeter page for Cornwall campus so I thought I'd come invite you guys as well!

Basically, last year, I ran the Exeter and Falmouth 2011 freshers groups which were hugely successful and worked out better than any official "like pages", in fact they're still pretty damn useful to this day for advertising, organizing or helping get lost post to the right people!

Plus it was great fun getting to know a bunch of people before hand!

We have a few Falmouth students so I'm opening it up to anymore who want to join in!
There's a bunch of first years from Exeter, but I'll go get one or two Falmouth first years to help you guys out too!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/143595252427755/178439578943322/

I'm sure Fluffy Lion can vouch for me :P
Original post by Chris-Freer
I'm currently dotted all over the Exeter page for Cornwall campus so I thought I'd come invite you guys as well!

Basically, last year, I ran the Exeter and Falmouth 2011 freshers groups which were hugely successful and worked out better than any official "like pages", in fact they're still pretty damn useful to this day for advertising, organizing or helping get lost post to the right people!

Plus it was great fun getting to know a bunch of people before hand!

We have a few Falmouth students so I'm opening it up to anymore who want to join in!
There's a bunch of first years from Exeter, but I'll go get one or two Falmouth first years to help you guys out too!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/143595252427755/178439578943322/

I'm sure Fluffy Lion can vouch for me :P

This guy is a creep, stay well away from him. He's been warned for advertising before, and he's been told that if he continues he'll be reported to the police.

Kidding, ofc. Chris is a lovely chap. Join that group if you've firmed, insured or just thinking about Falmouth, you'll get a decent idea of who you're going to be around, as well as being able to get any questions you have answered. It has a far wider user base than TSR, so you'll see everyone from Mr SportStuff to Geeky McGeek (probably mostly me...)
Original post by eshaw
Hey guys! Just firmed my offer for Marine & Natural History photography ahhhh....Exictedd!!:smile:

I'm going to be on the course as well :smile: will probs end up meeting you :smile:
Haven't found many other people that are going to be on the course on here .
Marcus
Definitely putting Falmouth as my Firm choice for Photography when I get my last response through on ucas! I heard that accommodation applications started yesterday so I'm getting a bit concerned about it being first come first served. Anyone applied for accommodation yet?
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending