The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

University of Reading 2012 Applicants

Hello,

Somewhat early I know but now is the time applications will start being made, and certainly in a few weeks they will being made at an ever increasing frequency. As such I thought I would make this thread and have it stuck so that such applicants have somewhere to chat and such.

There is a separate question thread where current students are willing to help, please don't ask in the chat thread:

Please direct your questions here, if they are not answered in the first post.

Good luck.

I was asked to put this in the post:

Facebook group for applicants. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anybody applying/thinking of applying to reading and from up north?!

:biggrin:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah, i'm thinking about applying for philosophy but i don't know whether i will get their entry requirements of ABB!
Reply 3
Original post by IceCool
Yeah, i'm thinking about applying for philosophy but i don't know whether i will get their entry requirements of ABB!

Cool, german here!! entry requirements BBC :tongue: where abouts up north are you from?
Reply 4
Original post by JakeE10
Cool, german here!! entry requirements BBC :tongue: where abouts up north are you from?

Near York, wbu? I hate the fact that philosophy seems so hard to get in! And when two years a go it was so easy :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by IceCool
Near York, wbu? I hate the fact that philosophy seems so hard to get in! And when two years a go it was so easy :frown:

Manchester! So you're even further north than me! Yeah in my opinion, entry requirements are too high these days! But luckily for me, language degrees tend to have lower entry requirements on the whole because they're not in high demand! :smile:
Where else are you applying to? What did you get at AS?
Reply 6
Original post by JakeE10
Manchester! So you're even further north than me! Yeah in my opinion, entry requirements are too high these days! But luckily for me, language degrees tend to have lower entry requirements on the whole because they're not in high demand! :smile:
Where else are you applying to? What did you get at AS?

Thinking of applying to Nottingham, Liverpool, Stirling, Essex just to name a few! Where's good for languages? And i got ABC, but managed to convince history to predict me a B so my prediction will be ABB. What grades are you aiming for?
Reply 7
Original post by IceCool
Thinking of applying to Nottingham, Liverpool, Stirling, Essex just to name a few! Where's good for languages? And i got ABC, but managed to convince history to predict me a B so my prediction will be ABB. What grades are you aiming for?

Well at AS I did quite bad (simply down to lack of revision-which I regret now) and got BBDD. I got BBD in the three subjects that I'm carrying on with but the D was just three marks off a C, so I will definitely be predicted a C in that. and one of the Bs was 75% (german) which isn't a high B, but it's a strong B, so maybe I can convince my teacher to predicted me an A! :smile: So mine will be ABC maybe, or BBC at least
Well I'm a bit restricted to an extent when it comes to which unis I can apply to as I won't have the best predictions in the world but there's definitely still some very good unis that I can get into with these grades! I'm applying to Leeds, Manchester (both top 25), Reading (about 40th), Hull (mid table) and then one other with relatively low entry requirements as back up! :smile:
How far was you from a C in history then?
I'm thinking of applying for Maths there as a potential insurance choice. But the only open day I can attend is the day AFTER my college's deadline for UCAS applications, so I don't know what to do!
Reply 9
Original post by rachaelizabeth
I'm thinking of applying for Maths there as a potential insurance choice. But the only open day I can attend is the day AFTER my college's deadline for UCAS applications, so I don't know what to do!

ahhh I'm applying for german!! I think there's one on the 22nd of October but I'm not 100% sure! Are you from up north? :smile:
Hey, I don't think you need to go looking for Northerns. We have our own society and you find people all the time from up North but you will get lumbered with Northern as a name.
Reply 11
Original post by Memphis_Rider
Hey, I don't think you need to go looking for Northerns. We have our own society and you find people all the time from up North but you will get lumbered with Northern as a name.

ahhh really! cool :biggrin: do you go to reading then, yeah?

What do you mean lumbered? lol.

haha its hardly lumbered and yeah I'm at Reading so if you need any help or have any questions in this next year before you go feel free to ask
Reply 13
Original post by Memphis_Rider
haha its hardly lumbered and yeah I'm at Reading so if you need any help or have any questions in this next year before you go feel free to ask

cool, what course are you doing there? what's it like as a place?!

Im doing archaeology and yeah its a reallt nice campus and plenty of different places for nights out. and enough themed nights that you can find somewhere with the music you like as well
Original post by JakeE10
ahhh I'm applying for german!! I think there's one on the 22nd of October but I'm not 100% sure! Are you from up north? :smile:

Yeah, but my colleges deadline is the 21st :/ haha! There's also one on the 15th but I'm viewing Sussex on that day and they're not really anywhere near eachother...
I'm from Birmingham so not really north, but It's north of reading :wink:
Original post by JakeE10
anybody applying/thinking of applying to reading and from up north?!

yeah buddie, applying for law. I hope people are up for drinking in reading?!?!
Reply 17
Original post by krussel
yeah buddie, applying for law. I hope people are up for drinking in reading?!?!

cool, yeah me deffo! :biggrin:
Original post by JakeE10
cool, yeah me deffo! :biggrin:

good lad!
Reply 19
Original post by krussel
good lad!

but how will I know who you are? hahah :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending