The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Anyone applied to/doing International Relations and Economics?

It's the only choice I haven't gotten a decision from, and unfortunately it's the only one I want. TORTURE.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Got an offer for speech and language therapy. I haven't visited yet though, so that should be interesting :smile:
Reply 522
Original post by SeanaMay
YES! really hoping i get them when i apply! Think its gonna be really competitive! :s-smilie:
What have you applied for??

:smile:

yeah I think a lot of people will want to go there, specially as its new :smile: applied to do mathematics and statistics, yourself?
Reply 523
Offer for speech and language therapy, I loved it when I visited so very happy :smile:
Reply 524
Original post by S'mores
Thank you!! I'm really glad about Kent - I still have to do my A levels, so I'm surprised about it being unconditional!
Well done on getting Leeds and Plymouth offers, thats so good! I cant believe upi also have more portfolios and interviews, thats so amazing.
I've only heard from Kent for undergrad, and I got an offer for a foundation course at Loughborough a few days ago - really nervous that I still havent heard from anyone else!
Did you end up applying for foundation courses as well, or just undergrads?
Good luck with everything, and tell me if you hear any more good news :smile:

Well done! Loughborough would have been my choice for foundation, it looks really good :smile: I just heard from Reading today! They gave me a conditional offer for 80 points :biggrin:DD so excited(i feel like I'm going to be sick tbh @@)!!! Have you heard anything? (probably for the combined art history course it has to go through more people?) I only applied for undergrads, as I decsided I wouldnt like changing places one year in :/ but now I seriously have to make a choice, Plymouth or Reading?! aaaaaaaaaa
Reply 525
I heard from Reading today, I applied for two courses and got conditional offers from both! :woo:

I only sent off my application 15 days ago too, I'm so happy.
Reply 526
Original post by Cyclo
I'll just apply to wherever anyone recommends. I'm an old git at 23 but up for a good laugh:biggrin:

Original post by KT9
If you're an old git, I'd say I'm 'getting on a bit', I'll be 21 when I start. Good to know there's at least one other fresher older than 18!

My boyfriend is a first year student at Reading, and he's 25. I don't think any of his flatmates realised that he was older than them until he mentioned it, and they all get along really well :smile: Most of them are getting a house together for next year.

Once you get there you'll probably feel silly for worrying about it. It's really not a big deal :nah:
Reply 527
Original post by Liam_G
My boyfriend is a first year student at Reading, and he's 25. I don't think any of his flatmates realised that he was older than them until he mentioned it, and they all get along really well :smile: Most of them are getting a house together for next year.

Once you get there you'll probably feel silly for worrying about it. It's really not a big deal :nah:

I'm not too fussed. I know how to have a good time and I am comfortable meeting new people. It is a bit of a relief though knowing I wont be the only one a number of years older than other freshers.

I look quite young for my age (so i'm told). Went out with a 19 year old girl recently and she thought I was the same age as her, so there's not much in it. And i've driven by my old sixth form and seen guys leaving that I couldn't believe were not at least as old as I am now.

At the end of the day we are all going for the same reason. To study something we enjoy and to have as much fun as possible.
Is it ok to just wear jeans and a hoody for the open days???
Reply 529
Original post by SillyMilly

That's what I'm doing... Which Open Day are you going to? :smile:
Original post by MegLily
That's what I'm doing... Which Open Day are you going to? :smile:

Oh good!! I wasnt sure if they expected us too dress up but I didnt want to go smart and look a wally! Im going this ffriday for law how about you !?:smile:
Reply 531
Offer for computer science!
Reply 532
Oh good!! I wasnt sure if they expected us too dress up but I didnt want to go smart and look a wally! Im going this ffriday for law how about you !?:smile:

Mine's for History in March :smile: I think Law's in the same building... :smile:
Reply 533
Does anyone have any idea when the business open day is? I lost the letter :dry:
Reply 534
Anybody going to the System Engineering open day on the 16th? I applied through the student portal but I haven't received any emails or letters for information.

Also, a question on the accommodation: is it mixed or single sex?
Whoop whoop, got my offer for Law with Legal Studies in Europe :biggrin: No idea when I'm going down for an Open Day though :L
Got my course changed from Mathematics and Statistics to Applied Statistics and the required are lower so Reading's gonna be my insurance :biggrin:
Reply 537
Original post by harrypugh
yeah I think a lot of people will want to go there, specially as its new :smile: applied to do mathematics and statistics, yourself?

Ahh so hope i get a room in them! And that my loan covers it haha!
French and italian :biggrin:

Anyone know best time to apply for student finance??

Original post by SeanaMay
Ahh so hope i get a room in them! And that my loan covers it haha!
French and italian :biggrin:

Anyone know best time to apply for student finance??

As soon as you are able to.

Yes, completely fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending