The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zu!
hello! i'm wondering if anyone could help me. i have offers from royal holloway (ABB) and reading (BBB/ABC) for english and french. i'm really torn between the two and which i should put as my firm and insurance. i know the obvious thing to do would be to put holloway first and reading as second but i'm not sure, especially as holloway specifically state that an 'a' in english is crucial.
if anyone could give me any advice that would be great! thanks.

Firm the one you most want to go to. If you don't get an A then Reading may take you after.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Just firmed Reading for Law :smile:
Reply 642
Original post by SillyMilly

Awesome, did you go to one of the open days in the end?
Reply 643

I'm also thinking of firming Reading for law! :smile:
Original post by d_aan
Awesome, did you go to one of the open days in the end?

Yeah:smile: i went on the 3rd of Feb one I think did you ? how did history go for you I got exactly the same mark as I did last year which was annoying as I wasted so many hours revising for it haha !hope results went well for you

Original post by ememx
I'm also thinking of firming Reading for law! :smile:

Yay somebody else!!!!! be fab too talk to people before we go! wheres your other choice ! hopefully see you there then!
Reply 645
Yeah:smile: i went on the 3rd of Feb one I think did you ? how did history go for you I got exactly the same mark as I did last year which was annoying as I wasted so many hours revising for it haha !hope results went well for you

I went up to the University on Wednesday actually. Though the campus was really nice. I loved the school of law building as well, I mean, it's next to a lake!

Yeah History went so much better, improved my UMS by a bit, so happy days:tongue:

Congratulations on already getting the grades to meet your offer!
Reply 646
Hey Guys! Got an offer for German and politics, changing to german and economics though - love how Reading are so flexible! I live in Reading, so if you have any questions about the city feel free to ask! Not sure if I am firming or insuring, love the uni but do want to move away from home!
Reply 647
Original post by Fosteeer
Hey Guys! Got an offer for German and politics, changing to german and economics though - love how Reading are so flexible! I live in Reading, so if you have any questions about the city feel free to ask! Not sure if I am firming or insuring, love the uni but do want to move away from home!

How did you go about changing course? also did you change department? or are both within languages?

cheers,
Original post by d_aan
I went up to the University on Wednesday actually. Though the campus was really nice. I loved the school of law building as well, I mean, it's next to a lake!

Yeah History went so much better, improved my UMS by a bit, so happy days:tongue:

Congratulations on already getting the grades to meet your offer!

Me too its defo looks like Hogwarts! are you thinking of firming it or insurance? How many exams have you got left in summer? I liked the campus I could actually see myself living there and I fell in love with the nice accom too!
I only got 2 ums marks more so was apointless exam for me! thats super well done! thankyou very much :smile: good luck with the rest of yours!
Reply 649

Yay somebody else!!!!! be fab too talk to people before we go! wheres your other choice ! hopefully see you there then!

My other choice is Sussex :smile: Yeah! Hopefully I'll see you there!
just out of interest has anyone managed to go to one of the law offer holder days? i've tried to book a place on multiple occassionsbut they're all full -.- and when i contacted the law admissions tutor she told me that i "would not be able to attend :s-smilie:".

Would anybody be able to shed any light on their experiences there? the law school, accomodation etc..
Reply 651
Anyone know if the grade requirements for the LLB course have rose to 'AAA' instead of 'AAB' for 2013? :smile:
Original post by ememx
My other choice is Sussex :smile: Yeah! Hopefully I'll see you there!

I applied there too but they gave me an offer of AAA and there was no way I could get that!!yes hopefully do you know what halls your applying for?

Original post by WIC
Anyone know if the grade requirements for the LLB course have rose to 'AAA' instead of 'AAB' for 2013? :smile:

When I went to my department open day for this year they said its going to be AAA for next year
Reply 653
Nah reckon I'm gonna go for Park Group! I've got a job that being transferred to Reading so should be fine :smile: thanks for the advice though!
Reply 654
Is anyone else taking a gap year???
I've decided french and italian really isnt for me and emailed to try to switch course but they said no =/.
So basically i have to take a gap year and reapply next year but im so upset i wont be going this year. Anyone else taking a gap??
Or any advice to try and make this seem like a good thing?

I've firmed Reading for law too. :redface: Unfortunately i could not make it to any of their open days. Did they mention anything about the leniency of the law school come results day? I think i will probably end up with a*ac (b in gs) but my offer is for aab. Is there a small probability that they may still consider me on results day with those grades?

I have insured Kent.
Reply 656
Original post by ah.meh
How did you go about changing course? also did you change department? or are both within languages?

cheers,

Sorry for the late reply!

I basically just rang up the German admissions office and they gave me an email address

emailed them (it was something like [email protected]) and just asked them if it possible as the woman I had rang previously said there was still a few spaces left, few days later my UCAS changed :biggrin:

good luck
Reply 657
I'm probably going to firm Reading for Business and Management, just looking for a little insight on accommodation or a student guide rather than the impersonal reading accommodation website that doesnt really give much detail. I'm anxious about picking nicer halls only for them to be boring.

At the moment I'm looking at Benyon, St Patricks and Wessex.
Reply 658
I've firmed for Reading university with an unconditional offer (since I am currently on a gap year). I will be looking for accommodation outside campus, does anyone know of any websites/fb pages/etc., where new students will be looking to buddy up for uni?
Reply 659
I've firmed Reading for Economics, very happy! Anyone else firmed for Economics? Currently looking at accommodation, any recommendations/advice/thoughts? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending