The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sum3a
Hiya me I confirmed Reading MPharm !! :smile::smile:

reading is my insurance choice, but I've decided to go there anyway since I know I won't get into my firm
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 741
Original post by Abolade77
Anybody going for the Business and management course? And what conditional offers did they get and for what subjects?

Yes! :smile: I have an unconditional as I differed to go travelling, I have A levels in Maths, Economics and P.E.
which accommodation are you staying in?
(edited 11 years ago)
An error of judgement and I made Reading my insurance offer. Does that mean the chances of me being allotted ensuite accommodation are slim?
Reply 743
Original post by ben935
Yes! :smile: I have an unconditional as I differed to go travelling, I have A levels in Maths, Economics and P.E.
which accommodation are you staying in?

oh thats cool, i just finished Economics,Sociology and History, im hopefully staying in Dunsden Crescent or benyon, i applied this month, silly me, you?
Reply 744
oh thats cool, i just finished Economics,Sociology and History, im hopefully staying in Dunsden Crescent or benyon, i applied this month, silly me, you?

Ok, cool. Well hopefully you'll get one of them! I've got a room in Mackinder sorted. Where abouts are you from?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 745
Original post by ben935
Ok, cool. Well hopefully you'll get one of them! I've got a room in Mackinder sorted. Where abouts are you from?

Oh thats cool, im from the south of England, Eastbourne, you?
Reply 746
Oh thats cool, im from the south of England, Eastbourne, you?

Not too far to Reading for you then?

I'm from Cornwall

Reply 747
Original post by siraajahmad
An error of judgement and I made Reading my insurance offer. Does that mean the chances of me being allotted ensuite accommodation are slim?

Same mistake :frown: What is your firm?
Reply 748
Original post by ben935
Not too far to Reading for you then?

I'm from Cornwall

Oh cool! yeah not so far at all
Original post by siraajahmad

Hey there :]

Ensuite accommodation always tends to go quickly, but seeing as though these halls tend to be the more expensive ones, it's difficult to tell how popular they will be this year. If you're looking to save money, sharing a bathroom isn't that bad, heck I shared a room last year xD Don't worry that's a really rare occurrence. The shared bathrooms are cleaned daily. There's more than enough showers and I didn't have to wait for a shower at all last year. Just something to bear in mind if you think you'll be able to live without ensuite.

Reading was my insurance offer too, but I still got quite a good selection of halls to choose from in August.
Reply 750
Original post by just_smurfy
Hey there :]

Ensuite accommodation always tends to go quickly, but seeing as though these halls tend to be the more expensive ones, it's difficult to tell how popular they will be this year. If you're looking to save money, sharing a bathroom isn't that bad, heck I shared a room last year xD Don't worry that's a really rare occurrence. The shared bathrooms are cleaned daily. There's more than enough showers and I didn't have to wait for a shower at all last year. Just something to bear in mind if you think you'll be able to live without ensuite.

Reading was my insurance offer too, but I still got quite a good selection of halls to choose from in August.

where did you end up ?
Anybody doing Cybernetics?

Reply 752
Anybody doing accounting with management?
Reply 753
im doing geography :smile: anyone else doing geo too?
Original post by YB101
where did you end up ?

I ended up at Wantage, the hall I would have applied to if it was my firm offer anyway. So really lucky.
Reply 755
Original post by just_smurfy
I ended up at Wantage, the hall I would have applied to if it was my firm offer anyway. So really lucky.

How did you go about getting your accom after the deadline? Did you just call up on results day and they get it sorted for you? do you still have to select the ones you want ?
Anyone doing psychology? :P
Original post by AshleighWilliams
Anyone doing psychology? :P
I am !!! :biggrin:
Is anyone staying in Sherfield Halls?? :smile:
Track updated lunchtime to to confirm my place to study Biology (Reading was my insurance). Just waiting for my confirmation letter now! So relieved. Disappointed at not getting into my firm (I was so close!) but I picked Reading as my insurance for a reason and I think I'll be happy there. Any other biologists?

Latest

Trending

Trending