Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd add myself.

GCSEs: AAAAAABBB
    AS: ABBC
    A2 predictions: AAA
    Course: English and History

Applied on the 10th of October, got my log in to Reading soon after. Anyone got offer yet/know when they tend to give offers out?
    Good luck to us all
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applying for German (50/50 at the moment though - either reading or aston)

GCSE: AAABBBBBCC
    AS: BBDD *hand over face*
    A2 Predictions: ABC
    Course: German
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just received an email from the department of psychology offering me an interview today, it's not quite an offer but I'm absolutely ecstatic! Good luck everyone
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blow-ice)
    I'm applying for Biomed. They say in the prospectus you need a B in biology and one other science, I already have a B in biology but a C in chemistry which I'm resitting. Really, really hoping they make me an offer though
    Im resitting too!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeeves_90)
    Hey got an Unconditional for Accounting and Management....and have sent off my supp app for accounting and business....I applied for two courses at reading...really wanna cme here lol...anybody else doin accounting

I'm applying for those 2 courses tooo. Congrats on your offer ! I Loved Reading When I Saw it - What were your predicted grades?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just got an conditional offer for Law M100! Conditions are AAB, made up!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Offer for law, AAB
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonSal)
    I'm applying for those 2 courses tooo. Congrats on your offer ! I Loved Reading When I Saw it - What were your predicted grades?
    Hey I had already achieved my A levels of AABC....so got an Unconditional straight....Ive applied for accounting and Business and accounting and Management...what have you applied for??
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krussel)
    Just got an conditional offer for Law M100! Conditions are AAB, made up!
    Me too! Well done!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ABB for English and History offer today
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for History Reading would make a perfect backup.

AS grades: AAAB
    Predicted: AAA
    Course: History V100

Any other historians out there?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeeves_90)
    Hey I had already achieved my A levels of AABC....so got an Unconditional straight....Ive applied for accounting and Business and accounting and Management...what have you applied for??
    Heyy,
    I'm Applying For
    1)Accounting and Management
    2)Accounting and Business
    Did you get an unconditional offer for A+Business As Well?

WELL DONE
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TonyH663)
    I'm applying for History Reading would make a perfect backup.

AS grades: AAAB
    Predicted: AAA
    Course: History V100

Any other historians out there?
    Meeee

I didnt do too well at AS at all, got BBC.

Applying for the V100. Already got an offer from Aberystwyth

..and Chester ;D
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NapoleonDynamite)
    Meeee

I didnt do too well at AS at all, got BBC.

Applying for the V100. Already got an offer from Aberystwyth

..and Chester ;D
    Hey, how come your offer from Chester is BBB? That's a bit high isn't it! aren't the entry requirements for history 260-300 points? i thought they gave offers in points not grades? I'm applying to chester too!
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeE10)
    Hey, how come your offer from Chester is BBB? That's a bit high isn't it! aren't the entry requirements for history 260-300 points? i thought they gave offers in points not grades? I'm applying to chester too!
    Yeh it is. On ucas it says it's 260-280, so BCC to BBC. Any they gave me a BBB offer. Weird
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it is. On ucas it says it's 260-280, so BCC to BBC. Any they gave me a BBB offer. Weird
    That's weird! I'm applying for German and Business, entry requirements are 240-280 ucas points, and i emailed them and they said that if given an offer, it will probably be for 280 points with 260 from 3 A Levels, and the other remaining 20 points can come from General Studies or an AS Level etc. Weird! did you question it? Surely they can't give you an offer of BBB if it states that the entry requirements are 260-280 points! :rolleyes:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Zoology at Reading, so far application is being considered....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisy05)
    Offer for law, AAB
    Did you find out through the portal or by post?
    • 85 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeE10)
    That's weird! I'm applying for German and Business, entry requirements are 240-280 ucas points, and i emailed them and they said that if given an offer, it will probably be for 280 points with 260 from 3 A Levels, and the other remaining 20 points can come from General Studies or an AS Level etc. Weird! did you question it? Surely they can't give you an offer of BBB if it states that the entry requirements are 260-280 points! :rolleyes:

It may mean they were not convinced by your application but want to give you something academically more challenging to achieve to prove your worth. This aside, they can give you whatever offer they want; grades stated online are guides only and universities are obviously in no way bound to stay within the range they set out.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisy05)
    Me too! Well done!
    and to you!
Updated: August 24, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.