The Student Room Group

'Household' income...help...

Hi guys,

Can anyone enlighten me as to whos income is taken into consideration when applying for tuition, maintenance loans and a bursery or a grant.

My situation isnt so simple. Im living abroad, have a UK c/o address where my mum and sister reside (sister owns) and I also rent an appartment (UK) with my partner (who is the sole tenant).

Essentially I can give my address as either my sisters or my partners address...or can I? Whos income would be taken into account for a means tested loan in both situations?
I havent yet given an address to UCAS. Am I right in assuming SFE will require/expect the same address?

Many thanks to anyone who can help...:confused:
How old are you? If you are under 25, you must give your parent's details. If you are over 25, your partner's. Where you live actually doesn't come in to it!

I don't think UCAS/SFE check addresses with each other. Give the one you live at to UCAS.
Reply 2
Original post by modgepodge
How old are you? If you are under 25, you must give your parent's details. If you are over 25, your partner's. Where you live actually doesn't come in to it!

I don't think UCAS/SFE check addresses with each other. Give the one you live at to UCAS.

Cheers for the info, thats great.

Im 26 so it will be my partners then. Dont actually live at either but at least I have the choice.

Thanks again
If you don't live with your partner, I think you just get assessed on your own income (probably £0). Call SFE and check :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending